Fixed T1 Named Zones and Augs

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Allayna, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

Well, here's to hoping next expansion is changed for the better, and isn't released as pre-alpha content to us with "design lock" in place to where we can't get terrible ideas like this corrected.
    alanus and Toukan like this.
  2. Danladil Elder

So I understand reducing amount of placeholders but having 1 Centien mob spawn in FFP is nuts. I am on Povar right now and zone has very few spawns.
    Swiss likes this.
  3. Swiss Augur

Same on bristlebane. A lot of t1 PHs seem to be lowered. The spawn rate has not been better yet either so this seems like making these extremely rare t1 augs even more rare.

Would be nice to know how many months is intended of grinding t1 named to get your set of t1 augs if this is the new route, maxed multiple cloaks and even alt vanquishers faster than smoldering core drops.
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Razorfall Augur

More PHs usually means lower spawn rate, so I'll pass.

They need to reduce the number of PHs across all of T1. And for the love of Tunare, put Commander Esline PHs back on the bottom floor.

As far as loot goes, the type 7s are rarer than what they should be with the way the loot table is designed. We also have named that will drop up to 4 hero's forge ornaments at a time.

The type 5s are worse. We maybe got about 12 of the type 7s, but only 1 Helical Gem this whole expansion
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So yes, a few changes were made.
    In Firefall, the placeholders were reduced to 3-5. In most cases ex placeholders were turned to normal mobs, but in a few places (Hawks was mentioned), where it was crowded, the spawn spot was just removed.
    When the placeholders were reduced, the chance for the rare to spawn from the placeholder was increased.
    Additionally, the chance to drop an earring or aug was increased from 20% to 50%

Unfortunately, a bug that we could not see slipped through on the centien. Two of it's placeholders have the "beta only" flag, so... when we tested, which we do on beta, everything looked great! But, unfortunately, that resulted in a live server bug.
    CrazyLarth, Beco, Allayna and 9 others like this.
  6. Razorfall Augur

Hawkpocalypse is approved. Good changes all around, shame about the spawn bugs though :(
    ChiiChii likes this.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Since it is a zone, a hotfix is planned, though I do not have timing on that hotfix yet.
    Rolaque, Metanis, Allayna and 4 others like this.
  8. Johosophat New Member

on the bristlebane server at the diablo spawn point only one mob pop when there was 5or6? im sure this is a error.
    Celephane likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

more info is buried in this link

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...med-zones-and-augs.291615/page-3#post-4236438
  10. Nadisia Augur

I don't know if the bug has been reported, but at this moment, the respawn of the Diabo Xi Vesta placeholders, south of the Firefall Path zone, is broken on Vox server.

There's only 1 mob up (respawning correctly), but all the other placehorlders are missing and do not respawn.

Edit: after a small search, it seems that devs are already aware of this bug.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...med-zones-and-augs.291615/page-3#post-4236424

And bug has been reported on Bristlebane too.
    So you can add the Vox firefall akhevans to the summer vacation club.

Reducing the number of placeholders is not always a bad idea, but 1? o_O
    I'm just kidding btw. :p
    I guess we'll have to wait for a fix.

Edit 2: Thanks to whoever respawned the zone, the akhevans are back to business on Vox. ;)
  11. Ogrebeast New Member

im trying to figure out , what issue was there ? Rare augs not droping more often ? to many Ph's ? to me as i 6-8 box im happy to have steady named and exp reguardless of how many times i have to kill , the best part of it is getting a Aug i Want it to be put back what it originally was . there was no bug imo just to many complaining they are not getting the super rare drops to drop
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

You clearly didn't read all the data that Allayna and others posted in this thread. There is no way in the realm of logical reasoning that the way it was was correct or good for the game.
    Fenthen, Marton and Swiss like this.
  13. Allayna Augur

@Ngreth, I did a session tonight, post hotfix.

Qua Centien x 63
    Qua Liako x 37
    Qua Zethon x 30
    Diabo Xi Vesta x 3

Qua Thall x 20

So, 130 PHs, 20 non PHs, 3 nameds.

3/120 = 0.025 x 100 = 2.5% rate of spawn from that sample size.

Out of 3 named, 1 dropped an ear, zero augs. I still personally think the ear/aug sharing a slot on the loot table is a major part of the issue. Other loot that dropped included a visible slot per drop, a spell rune per drop, and a non-vis per drop, the ear being one, a tradeskill otherworldly item, and 1 powersource.

Maybe I don't fully understand the loot rules, but couldn't the augs, since they are rolling between 4 possible augs have their own slot in the loot. I'm envisioning something like powersources, since they don't always drop, and they also have 4 types....but not competing with an earring slot.

To give an idea of timeframe, I started at 2310 local time. 75 PHs passed before the first named, at 0113. 2 hours of killing, pulled some random other bugs to kill time between repops as well, but eventually that became boring as well. 47 more PHs went by before the next named at 0242. Then another at 0259. Finally calling it quits at 0330. I'm just curious if time invested goes into these calculations on spawn rates and grouping for drops.

Grateful that I can box through content as there is no way I'd drop 4+ hours in a group, get 3 named, 0 augs and keep coming back over and over and over. But even this insanity has me questioning my own.

I'm to the point of having multiple cloaks evolved to their furthest point in group content. All progression done, but not seeing enough augs for 1-2 characters, let alone splitting them amongst the group.

@everyone else - Is this a unique experience to me? Has anyone else looked at the spawn/drop rates since the hotfix?
    I don't have as much time to invest as I once did into these testing sessions.
    Fenthen, Marton and Velisaris_MS like this.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

The 2.5% named spawn rate is also a major part of the problem. It's absolutely unrealistic from a fantasy / roleplaying aspect. Setting a named spawn rate this low only encourages more automation to complete goals, and not actual live gameplay. No one has time to sit here for 2-5-10-40 hours to see a named spawn. And then to have the loot table so screwed up that you'll just never get the item you need? Please make better decisions.
    Allayna and Velisaris_MS like this.