Fixed T1 Named Zones and Augs

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Allayna, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Okay. Looking at things. Firefall pass may have too many placeholders. I'll look into consolidating that.

As for the treasure tables, there is a 20% chance that it will roll an item list that is evenly split between earrings and augs.(50% chance to get one of 4 earrings, 50% chance to get one of the augs. WHICH earing and which aug is NOT even. but the overall chance to get an earring in general or an aug in general is 50/50)

So the 10% that Evurkvest got is accurate.

I'll research a bit and see if We want to alter that. At this time I cannot confirm that there is a bug here, but that there may be some design decisions that need changes (I.E. it is working as designed, but the design may merit changes)
  2. Nekk Augur

If anything, please increase the number of Diablo PH. Currently, there are only 6 and that is definitely not enough even for a small box crew to kill without being bored for several minutes or having to pull nearby insects.
  3. Allayna Augur

I appreciate the look at design decisions. We all know the game doesn't cater specifically to group or raiders, but I'd like to think that grinding for over 40 hours of continuous gameplay for 1 individual to see a lot of rot loot and zero of an aug is not good for the health of the game. (As a raider, none of the group items are good for anything but tribute)

Could you maybe look at spawn % as well, most of my killing happened during 76% increased spawn rate and I believe the math I came up with was a 3% named spawn rate average during the increased spawn. With a 10% itemization rate, wouldn't that extrapolate to a 0.3% chance when you factor in the vast number of PHs required to spawn the named?
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

Or you could just make sure that all the augs have a chance to drop in one of the mission chests for an expansion. (and yes, that might mean breaking the T1 - T2 barrier if you don't put any T1 missions in an expansion)
    alanus, Marton, Raccoo and 1 other person like this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

The T1 named are stupid rare. The T1 augs are stupid rare. We all know this was a blunder by the itemization efforts of the development team.

And for the 3rd year in a row asking: can we please get T1 missions back in the game?
  6. Evurkvest Augur

You will probably not find any bug in there. But when you have 1/4 of 10% to get your drop you could easy end up killing 200 nameds and still turn up empty handed when the dice is not rolling your way.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Allayna Augur

I was also shocked to learn from Ngreth that the augs were on the same loot roll as the earrings.

I could see removing the random tradeskill drop (medicinal herbs, writing ink, etc) and putting all the T1 augs in the roll spot, so you always get an aug when you get a named, but you aren't guaranteed the one you need/want.

From the multiple thousands of PHs and maybe 80 named before I finally got my Smoldering Core of Radir (got it late last night, early this morning)... I thought maybe there was a bug and they shared the loot roll with the Overworldly Focus of Fortitude, which would kind of make sense, at least it would be an aug slot for an aug slot.

My hope is that this gets looked at, not just for this particular aug, but in designing for the upcoming expansion, that multiple people don't endure these grinds before a fix is made.
    alanus likes this.
  8. Marton Augur

Congrats on getting your aug.

We still have several people in my guild that are waiting for this to drop.
    Allayna likes this.
  9. Fenanebae Terrwyn Lorekeeper

It was probably, I dunno mid March? Or whenever that change happened to put those focus things in, is when the loot on augs kinda dried up.

I got all my augs of the expansion first month with minimial issues. Then that one patch hit and it changed everything.
    Allayna likes this.
  10. Mytoss Elder

You should look at shadeweavers tangle nameds chance as well while your looking at it , chances for nameds seems way to low compared to firefall
    spent like 15+ hours at scorched cackling bones camp and i remeber spending 5+ hours at other camps
    Allayna likes this.
  11. alanus Augur

I killed around 200 named in t1 zones.

I saw:
    0 Radir
    2 Jingle
    4 Kaas
    7 Tegis

I ended up getting Radir because a friend had one rotting.

But anyway, since there are 4 augs, and a 10% chance that one would drop, that would mean you have a 2.5% chance of a named dropping your aug (although you said the drop rate isn't even, which makes me think jingle and radir are the more rare ones). That's a pretty terrible drop rate. I really do like how any named can drop any aug, but one shouldn't have to do nothing but camp named for weeks just to get an aug. Even a 25% drop rate chance on a random aug would be fine, but 10% chance is just too rare.
  12. Kalamos Augur

In my opinion, the best option is to put T1 type 7 augs back on specific named and place the type 5s on the special treasure table. Yes, the type 7 hDex aug camps will be contested for a while, but each toon only needs one. Type 5 permacamps were the real issue in CoV (the last time type 5s dropped), e.g. Morwenna, not the type 7s.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Allayna Augur

There are lots of options. Yours is one. They could also put the hsta/hstr aug with the hsta/hwis/hint one across all nameds in 1 zone.
    Then put the hdex/hagi and the hsta/hdex aug on all nameds in the other T1 zone.

They could increase the named spawn rate....It is currently under 2% in SWT. I believe it was posted somewhere in the recent past that the more # of PHs a mob has the lower the named spawn rate. So they could reduce the # of PHs. They could make it so augs take up an aug spot in the loot roll, not compete with dropped T1 gear, like the ear slot.

My point, there are a lot of potential design choices and I think that a tweak is definitely needed, no one you talk to will tell you, "The T1 aug drop rate is proportional and appropriate for the time sink or effort invested".
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

WTB group currency purchases for group gear, including type 7 augs.
    alanus likes this.
  15. Slasher Augur

The entire loot/gear system for this expansion was stupid and grindy and not fun at all. You should rethink that when you decide how the next expansion is.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Allayna Augur

Specifically - the mob a Firefall falcon is a terrible camp for Fowl Matriarch, in FFP. In SWT, I believe that scorched bones, for Scorched Cackling Bones is the worst camp.

Today I put forth a decent effort, killed 103 a Firefall falcons, specifically avoiding a soot-speckled hawks, but still ended up killing 34, so 103 PHs and 34 trash, zero named. Got bored after spending a few hours at one camp fighting flappy bird models. That comes out to less than a 1% named spawn rate btw (effectively zero, having none spawn in over a 100 kill span), then the aug rate compounds that problem.
    alanus likes this.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

I thout the soot-speckled WAS the ph. That's what popped the named for my guildmates and I. We were killing the soot-speckled and avoiding the falcons as much as possible and finally got it.
  18. Marton Augur

I did this as well, killed falcons for days and nothing. Then one day a guy walked in, killed one hawk and Fowl Matriarch spawned :mad:.
  19. Allayna Augur

Either way, I spent a full day thinking the opposite and killing the majority hawks and avoiding falcons, same result, zero names. Also, EQR info is incorrect or outdated if true.
  20. Riou EQResource

We used to list both, but then the dev who made it said it was only Falcons, and no one has seemed to agree on (or confirm) what is the real mob type :(

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...refall-type-7-augs.287841/page-3#post-4218075

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...refall-type-7-augs.287841/page-3#post-4218047

But then if Ngreth consolidates PH's again it might change again
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Svann2 like this.