Fixed T1 Named Zones and Augs

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Allayna, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Allayna Augur

Over the course of this expansion launch I have killed off and on in T1 zones and have seen a very limited number of the following augs:

Tegi Contemplation Sphere - 2
    Jovial Jharin Jingle - 2
    Smoldering Core of Radir - 0
    Kaas Akuel xi Temariel - 1

I have spent countless hours in T1 zones farming PHs since expansion launch and have seen a grand total of 5 augs.

To give an idea of the time investment, in the past 4 play sessions, I have killed the following:

Mob was up - no PHs
    Firefallizard x 1

A Firefall hollower x 265
    Bedrock Burrower x 7

A soot-specked hawk x 50
    Zero Named

A gloompetal thistle x 15
    Thorn Petal x 2

A Loda Kai guard commander x 490
    Commander Esline x 15

A stoneclaw crawler x 10 (got bored ultra fast)
    Zero named

A painted elemental x 8 (bored - moved back to Commander camp)
    Zero named

My concern is that the augs are far too rare or not dropping at all. Perhaps they share the same loot slot as the heroism and fortitude items as I frequently see either a heroism/fortitude item, a non-visible slot, and a visible slot and some ornamentation drop from the nameds.

Total mob count 1,353. Also to take note this grouping is during 76% increased rarespawns.

This drop style is counterproductive for a MMORPG and disincentives group play.

I'll see if I can combine all my logs from the beginning of the expansion to show just how many PHs and nameds it was for those 5 augs.
    Swiss, alanus, Fenthen and 11 others like this.
  2. kramer2202 Elder

I agree, i have spent countless hours in both T1 zones, and have killed hundreds of nameds since the expansion release in those zones, and in now 7 months have seen 1 aug dropped. And of course it wasn't the one I am looking for. The drop rate on these augs definitely have to be looked at.
    Allayna and Raccoo like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

They clearly tried SOMETHING different with the rares and the drops in this expansion (especially the T1 named), with regards to spawn rate and drop rate...when compared to previous expansions. I don't know if it was intentional or deliberate, but there is a noticable difference.
  4. Raccoo Augur

When I checked magelo a few months ago, drop rates had T1 augs (looking at the jangle in particular) 3% chance to drop at the highest, and the TOL version was 15%.
  5. Knifen Augur

Would guess they lowered the drop rate cause it could drop among multiple named / multiple zones. Only prob with that is its still a worse drop rate if the ratio is lower regardless how many places you camp to try and get it.
    alanus likes this.
  6. Marton Augur

Tegi Contemplation Sphere - 1
    Jovial Jharin Jingle - 0
    Kaas Akuel xi Temariel - 0

This is what I saw since NoS release.

I am not going to dig through my logs to count the enormous amount of named killed, but something is definitely off when compared to previous expansions.

I agree with Allayna:
    Fenthen and Allayna like this.
  7. Raccoo Augur

I found my screenshots of magelo drop rates from the end of March.

(TOL) Sylra's vs (NOS) Jingle is 17% vs less than 1% to 4% max.
    (TOL) Tooth Fang vs (NOS) Radir is 37% vs less than 1% to 3% max.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

You have to add the drop rate of all the augs up together because they share a loot table. The loot table will still have a 20-30% roll rate (let say per example). Assuming that the particular loot table is just augs and a straight distribution, if the loot table has 1 aug then looking at a long term sampling you'll see that aug has the 20-30% drop rate of the loot table. If the loot table has 6 augs then looking at a long term sampling you'll see a single aug has approximately a 3% drop rate because all 6 augs are splitting the 20-30% loot table roll rate.
  9. Allayna Augur

When you say all 6 augs...

Are you including the heroism and fortitude drops, because I've seen countless numbers, rot numbers of those and they should NOT share a loot table with the other 4 listed in the OP.

Also, if they don't share a loot table, in the past 3 days I've had 20 named, zero augs.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

Example, if there would be 6 augs on a loot table then "all" 6 are splitting the statistic vs only 1 item on a loot table would statistically drop as often as the loot table rolls. 6 because it fits the math for a 20% roll on the loot table, and an effective rate of 3% for a single aug. We cannot see the loot tables only the devs. There's no other reasoning, we don't have the info, no one knows what shares a loot table we can only guess or what we've been told. Has a mob dropped a type 5 at the same time as a type 7? Then we can assume theres separate loot tables.

Does a 3% rate suck when you are looking for 1 specific aug? Yeah. But its far from saying overall augs only have a 3% drop rate because its obvious its rolling a shared loot table (you will not see 2 type 7's drop off the same mob).
  11. Allayna Augur

I guess I'm a bit lost on the 3%...

I've gotten 5 augs total in 8 months of killing. I gave an example of the past few play sessions with over 700 PHs and only 20 nameds, zero augs during increased named spawn, which I believe is broken for the augs/augs are on the incorrect drop table.

I suppose I could go through the massive amount of log files from launch and combine all the PHs and named.
  12. Wulfhere Augur

Augs are single digit improvements on gear, and for a long time. Why bother?
  13. Allayna Augur

Totals from the logs that I could see:

A cinderscale saurek x 47
    Firefallizard x 4

A Firefall falcon x 222
    Fowl Matriarch x 1

A Firefall hollower x 818
    Bedrock Burrower x 13

A Fissure Fiend x 81
    Rock Lobber x 2

A gloompetal thistle x 45
    Thorn Petal x 1

A Loda Kai guard commander x 553
    Commander Esline x 16

A mature hopper x 13
    Sharp Claw x 1

A painted elemental x 15
    Molten Wildfire x 1

A ravine roamer x 21
    Igneous Insect x 2

A stoneclaw crawler x 13
    Stoneclaw Broodmother x 1

Qua Centien x 60
    Qua Liako x 67
    Qua Zethon x 67
    Diabo Xi Vesta x 9

Scorched bones x 34

Check my math but that is 2,056 PHs.
    51 nameds.
    5 augs.
    8 months.

Looking through logs there were only a few sessions specifically dedicated to farming T1 zones and mostly in FFP because for months the HP on mobs in SWT were far higher.

A substantial amount of the killing is in the last 3 days while in 76% increased spawn rates.

Some have low PH numbers because they were up when I zoned in, killed the named and maybe a few PH and moved on.

My assumption based on this data is that the augs are on the same drop rotation as the fortitude or heroism player made aug drops and thus, vastly far too rare. They should be on their own drop table.

Only PH and named from T1 zones included, clearly thousands more mobs needed to be killed in and around these camps.

Let's go with simple math - only dealing with the PHs, which we know there were far more mobs. But if each PH took a minute, that's 34 hours killing PHs.
    Fenthen, Marton and Velisaris_MS like this.
  14. Allayna Augur

Added another 151 A Loda Kai guard commander and 5 more Commander Esline for a total of:

A Loda Kai guard commander x 704
    Commander Esline x 21

2,207 PHs.
    56 nameds.
    5 augs.
    8 months.

Should really take a look at drop rates of type 7/8 augs in T1.
  15. Allayna Augur

A Fissure Fiend x 75
    A Firefall hollower x 2
    Rock Lobber x 3

Tegi Contemplation Sphere - 2
    Jovial Jharin Jingle - 2
    Kaas Akuel xi Temariel - 2

2,284 PHs.
    59 nameds.
    6 augs.
    8 months.

I don't think they are dropping properly, possibly specific to SWT. The one aug I've seen in the past 4-5 days of kills has been in FFP.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

At this point the best way to get one of these is to listen for guildies calling out aug rots. Not to say you should sit in pok and sponge, but while you are camping an aug be ready to jump when someone else gets one they dont need.
  17. Allayna Augur

Why should we be okay with something that in design, appears broken?
  18. Allayna Augur

New PH/Named today:

Qua Centien x 45
    Qua Liako x 43
    Qua Zethon x 39
    Diabo Xi Vesta x 14

A ravine roamer x 92
    Igneous Insect x 4

Totals since Launch:

Tegi Contemplation Sphere - 3
    Jovial Jharin Jingle - 2
    Kaas Akuel xi Temariel - 2
    Eye of Ay'laik - 1

2,503 PHs.
    77 nameds.
    8 augs.
    8 months.

Personally, I've not seen an aug drop at the same time as a type 5 and interestingly, sometimes I would get 2 trash TS items on a named, like the expansion normal pitaya fruit for instance and then like a writing ink. Seemed odd from a named.
  19. Evurkvest Augur

I gave up a long time ago but have a similar experience. I searched all logs and have exactly 50 kills in FP and SWT and seen 5 augs. So 10% looks about right comparing with yours. ¼ of that and you get 2.5% chance for the one you want. Add some bad randomness to that and you will camp it… long :-|
  20. Allayna Augur

That’s the thing though, I don’t believe they consciously chose To make these more rare than chase loot drops. I think the loot table is bugged. That the Augs are getting bumped by something in the loot table on their same roll.