Suggestion:NTOV should be updated for level 105

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheaffer, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Sheaffer Augur

I think without a doubt NTOV has been the most successful raid zone of all time. It gives casual players and guilds an avenue to be able to raid and get some cool gear and fight some cool mobs. TDS group gear is going to obsolete ROF raid gear so there will be no reason to do the zone anymore. A lot of guilds are stuck around the tov/ROF t1 level and won't really have any raid content available for them.

Even if you made the gear around the same level as COTF t1 that would still provide a nice boost. I am worried that without this change or a similar zone being updated (Vex Thal?) that a lot of smaller family guilds and alliances won't have anything to raid that gives upgrades.
  2. Iila Augur

It shouldn't be another copy of NToV. But another set of simple raids aimed at lower tier guilds is something that should be a part of every level increase expansion.
    Having them all be dragons is just a bonus.
    Zarzac, Truklin, Tarvas and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kreacher Augur

I agree completely with you.

NToV provided a great stepping stone for many guilds to actually go and progress further into RoF and then CoTF. Many casuals actually tried raiding for the first time.

Many raid guilds/alliances want to experience *some* raid content. They don't have 54 people who are awesome at everything.

pro-tip.
    TDS First Raid - if folks want to take 20mins to kite stuff around, let them. If folks want to pet tank, let them. Placing say a 6min timer on phases just basically says to guilds if you don't have 54 people then don't bother, because it just becomes exponentially harder. Last raids , sure make them like PoWAR, but first raid/s you got to throw people some bones :)
    Obiziana likes this.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

Pass. Just because it's an alternate zone doesn't mean it should be scaled up.

Leave old content alone, please. Whether it's 2 expansions or 20 expansions old.

Now, an alt version of Veeshan's Peak? YesPlease.
  5. Sanh Elder

Absolutely agree. It gives casual or family type guilds a shot at some raid gear. NTOV has provided my guild which is a mid size family guild great fun.

Please introduce something similar in TDS.
  6. Sebbina Augur

I suspect that NTOV may server as an open raid and raid training ground zone for some time, and if there is a plan to build a new similar zone it might not appear until 110 is max level.
  7. Edrick Augur

I agree. Elidroth did say that taking an old raid zone and revamping it to make it tough for current content is not as easy as it seems, but ntov was, and still is, wildly popular. There are quite a few zones to choose from. Veeshan's Peak comes to mind. There are a few locations in that zone where you could add an extra event or three so there is more stuff to kill.

It'd be worth it.
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. Randragon Augur

I would love to see the following zones as a raid style instanced:

Vex Thal
    Kael
    Plane of Growth ( an outdoor zone would rock for this reason)
    The Hole
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

Vex thal and Veeshans peak would be legit!
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Iila Augur

Focus decay and gear inflation is going to kill any reason to raid NToV once TDS comes out and people start leveling over 100.
  11. Sheaffer Augur

I'm not saying it has to be NTOV, I just figured that would be easiest. VP would be great too.

Like Iila said, there is going to be no practical reason to raid tov anymore and I don't really see any other raids that lend themselves to be done by casual family guilds that will provide gear upgrades.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Zunnoab Augur

Some of my guildies would come after me with pitchforks if I called this target again, even with 105 updates I suspect.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Marshall Maathers Augur

What I wanted to point out before, that I couldn't, is that such a zone would pretty much double the raid content of TDS....
    Tual, Lisandra and Xeladom like this.
  14. Edrick Augur

Everquest is still so important to SOE though. Don't you see?
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

giving Vex Thal the CTOV treatment would be my vote.
  16. Uxtalzon Augur

NToV was already revamped for RoF... I say leave it there. It's a good step-up or starting point for raids to get into.

I'd prefer Solteris or Sleeper's. Heck, Chardok or Droga doesn't sound too bad, either. Temple of Veeshan? Velius and Kunark had some amazing raid zones.
  17. Marshall Maathers Augur

Solteris would fit with the expansion being released, just like ToV did with T1 RoF.

Though, for T3 of RoF, we should have had a VT raid instance!
    Uxtalzon and Crystilla like this.
  18. Zarzac Augur

Solteris would be tough to just strait up do an upgrade to in order to hit the intended audience (those that loved NToV) as those scripts were moderately complicated. That being said, a corrupted Solteris could be an amazing raid zone.

I would however really like to see the continuation of more tank and spank type raids available for family guilds and guilds with lower numbers to either be able to do or group up with other guilds to do. Vex Thal I think would be a great candidate as it wouldn't be a stretch to tie in the powered up events somehow with this expansion with the all combine empire tie ins.
    Crystilla likes this.
  19. Harmonae Journeyman

That zone involved an epic trash clear and lots of tank n' spank. While it holds nostalgia for many, I don't think it has the staying power of NToV.

Time might be more revamp friendly.
  20. Marshall Maathers Augur

With the tools we have in today's game, a lot of the trash (if it stayed true to original VT) could be avoided with a rogue / FD class with rez tokens and a mage. It was how we always broke into CTOV, coth to Vulak and break 4-way.

You could coth to most of the bosses in VT, the trouble back in the day was that rogues couldn't rez without vox rez sticks.

EDIT: I do remember one VT run in which a warrior was kiting all of the trash in the first floor north tower while we beat the boss in a side room, basically to avoid most of the trash clearing.