stopping tank lineup domino effect

Discussion in 'Priests' started by sojero, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Was paraphrasing a board buddy of ours sir, and only playful jabs meant.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

No worries, long day at work and I wasn't catching on :)
  3. Roxxanna Augur

Lol, it's an inside joke, I often say that in guild when I'm about to get angry, yes, I know what it's supposed to mean, but in this case it means angry enough to burst something, a vein, a nut, an eye.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Then I would say expect the issue to persist longer then it should. Parse help a lot to understand what might have gone wrong. Attributing heals to tanks should not be neglected while not caring knowing if anyone else need a heals is wrong. Heal parses are much better then what it was and can gather all that information.

Another problem that can cause tanks to drop faster is having tank not fully understand the stacking issue thus using all they have thinking they are doing great. but actually does worse.

Here a link that can help some: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/warrior-threshold-ability-stacking.217661/
  5. Roxxanna Augur

The issue was tanks dropping in rapid succession after the first went down. He looked at the parse and saw no one healing said tanks when they grabbed aggro. I informed him that it was confusion over who's grabbing the mob. Due to some awesome advice I now have a new hotkey to combat that confusion, and I feel the problem should be virtually eliminated. As far as getting some of the other clerics to make the same hotkey, I'm not sure they can/will, but that's another battle.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

Regarding the main topic of this thread. I always /assist the boss and then spam 15th emblem on whoever is on his target. I do this with programmed hot keys and my fingers on the keyboard which makes this operation very quick.

Details '

If MT dies and there aren't too many mobs around then I use my "tilde" key ( ` ) which has been assigned to "Target - Cycle through nearest NPC" forever. (During events with tough bosses and plenty of mobs to complicate targeting I'll put that boss on Xtarget but then I have to use the mouse to click on it.)

In either event, I quickly target the boss mob and then /assist it using a hotkey (keyboard 6) that has been on my toon forever! (Yes because pressing the "6" key is still quicker than typing "/as" in the heat of battle!)

Lastly, I always have 15th Emblem on spell slot 10. So pressing "Alt" and "0" will attempt to cast that extremely short cast time big heal if the target is low on HP. (I should mention I hate using the mouse so my fingers are always on my keyboard.)

So when a tank drops, my fingers almost instinctively hit the tilde key to target the boss, then I hit the 6 key on my keyboard which /assists the boss, then I keyboard spam the Alt 0 combo until it casts, then I hit the 5 on my keyboard which is my heal multibind which usually is set to the last 2 remedy spells and then fervid renewal.

Once your fingers "learn" this it's very quick and very easy to keep /assisting the boss until you finally get a tank that has engaged properly with some defensives going.

Based on this thread however I'm going to investigate how you can use a keystroke to target the top or bottom slot in the Xtarget window and then I wouldn't have to use the damn mouse at all! :)
  7. Tour Augur

Side note regarding targeting and using mouse, you can set a slot on your ETW to the mob and then make a social for the ever under appreciated /xtarget command for that particular slot and then bind that social key to a key on your keyboard. If you are then using a key for /assist you could also just make one key for /xtarget and /assist and do both at once. And if you wanted to add a cast line for spells, your one key would do that as well, if you so choose: target name > assist > cast heal. If you're, understandably, not a fan of using social macros to cast spells, you could just as easily leave it for targeting only.
    moogs and Metanis like this.
  8. Lianeb Augur

In my raids the tanks have triggers for Gina to watch when a tank hits discs and timers that shows those discs are running. Just making those triggers and sharing them with all the tanks has Helped a TON with tanks not stepping on each other in the domino chain. There is an order that tanks blow through discs when they think they are going to take aggro from a raid mob. Admittedly each tank is different in some aspects, but with disc triggers you can see and get a feel for the play of each Tanks disc usage, and know when each one is trying to take aggro.

Healers and Tanks in my guild are in the same channel for communication and many of the healers have picked up our Tank Gina triggers for the guild and watch them also. So even the healers know when tanks are moving to secondary discs, or X ranger has picked up the mob with Weapon Shield or a Knight with Deflection, and we have a few seconds to get a new warrior up and ready to start tanking again. Many times i have seen a Domino effect stopped by a well placed Weapon shield and having a trigger showing the timer on that helps you as a tank gather your breath, buffs and whatever else you need to step back into the fight with healers ready to go on you, as you ride out the WS.

I am not saying that using triggers will stop the domino effect but it helps identify tanks blowing certain precursor discs to take aggro. One thing it has prevented, more than anything is having multiple tanks running the same discs (Last Stand) because they somehow over aggroed the second on the tank list, and both blew Defensive. It does allow for a more aggressive play style and a constantly shifting MT line, but with healers having the same triggers it helps THEM identify the current or projected tank based on disc usage. Then we shift the MTO based on current tank and tanks still having discs available.

Send me a tell Rathe.Lianeb and i can share the triggers if you would like to take a look at them. Or Hell take a look at them and offer suggestions i am always open to improving the set for the guild