Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Killstrike Journeyman

that the trouble now days.. you folks think everything is annoying.. lol.. regardless.. unless its handed to you on a silver platter..
    I don't see sony changing anything on this zone.. its supposed to be best loot in game.. they aren't gonna let you walk right in and kill head boss and get loots that easily..
  2. Grelthur Elder

I never said that it should be handed to people on a silver platter. I was simply disagreeing with your usage of the term "hard" to describe acquiring the bow staff. Time consuming might have been a better descriptor to use. As I said before, I've not seen anyone really complain about any of the other flagging or progression for PoW, except for getting the bow staff, which has been the primary theme of this entire thread.
  3. Edrick Augur

It's as if the developers knew what they are doing this whole time.
    Elricvonclief and code-zero like this.
  4. sula Augur

the need for fletching could be solved if soe allowed eq1 to "consign" the tradskill item like in eq2. that way, a fletcher could target you while using your mats to make your bow, which would show up in your inventory after the finish. then the bow and staff could be no-drop with no problem- bottleneck solved. yeah the string and cams will still be high but not as rare as the staff.
  5. Sinestra Augur

No need to make it no drop. There is nothing wrong with people farming it to sell, it is how it has always been. Either do the work and camp it yourself or pay for it. That's what has been said by players here on the boards for years.
  6. sojuu Augur

Personally I think best fix would have been a revamp on plane of earth to make zone have maybe level 90 maybe 100 mobs and have trees spawn off and trash mob
  7. Bearforce Lorekeeper

Do the work involves just going into the zone and taking a spawn, I guess you just have to be a jerk or you're a whiner.
  8. Edrick Augur

[IMG]
    Dzarn and Sinestra like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Farming of the rare drops was not intended to happen. The devs used their powers to undo that. Roshen's posts (this and this) imply that the clusterhug in PoE is intentional. No reason to take any of the dev time to address it then.
  10. Espiritun Augur

I can;t tell you why, but this choice is found in almost every decision in life. I'll tell you this though: the jerk gets what he wants, the whiner doesn't and is even less respected than the jerk. The decision is not hard.
    Killstrike, Phrett and Bearforce like this.
  11. Greymantle Augur

Well i play on the Rathe. I have been playing for 13+ years. Back when PoE was current content i tried getting these to make bows. NEVER got a single one. I gave up on them years ago in favour of other types. I still have 40+ cams and strings on my tradeskill mule. Currently i have spent >10 hours trying for one. I need 4, as my family plays. Normal zone population has never been less than 15, regardless of when i try , and i have tried mornings, noon, nights and after midnights. This has proved to be one of the more frustrating keys to get, and we have for the most part decieded to stay out of the zone untill it becomes less frustrating. I normaly play 3-4 hours a night, my wife and kids maybe a couple of hours a week. Not going to spend all our time sitting waiting for a random rare drop off a grey mob.

Please consider changing this , either the drop rate, or the type of bow needed. Any of the planer bow need some farming, this one is the worst.
  12. Kreacher Augur

But would this means the farmers sell this? - which defeats the purpose again.
  13. Phrett Augur

In the time it would take them to roll something like that out, the issue will have long since become moot. Two weeks from now I doubt anyone will still be talking about this... we'll see
  14. Killstrike Journeyman

I mentioned earlier... the loot from the mobs in this zone is supposed to be some of the best in the game.. it shouldn't be easy to get keyed for.. the zone wasn't intended to be for the casual player.. because I know.. a casual player cant do any of the content in that zone.. im full raid geared.. and have trouble there...
  15. Phrett Augur

The gear dropping from these named is supposed to be t3 raid quality, and yet I see so many complaints about needing either two groups to kill them, or not being able to tank a named with their mage pet...

If you can't roll into a t3 raid zone and beat the encounter with just two groups, or tank the raid bosses coast to coast with your mage pet, then please do us all a favor and shut the hell up.
    Tour, Killstrike and Sinestra like this.
  16. Zahrym Augur

The COP4 mob isn't supposed to be groupable?
  17. Kelefane Augur

The biggest issue about PoWar, is that some of the named in the zone actually require 2 (or 3?) groups of real players now and a balanced group at that. Boxed groups and using Mercs as your main healers are not going to cut it anymore on a consistent basis in the zone. You wont make a living doing what you have done in past expansion end group zones where PoWar is concerned.

And raid definitions are seeping back into the group game I see. You need certain X-classes now blah blah blah, you need a certain group setup now for the named blah blah blah....sadly. I mean, you cant just throw together a hodgepodge group of classes and be successful with PoWar named. This to me is all a reinventing of the wheel during a time in which EQ cannot afford to have such changes. Mercing and boxing have dominated EQ for years now. Taking that away, when its a major aspect of the average players gaming within EQ, is a bad thing to do. Its a risk. I wouldnt want to discourage the players that this game has left. I'd find ways to keep them, and playing Russian Roulette isnt the way to go.

You need to keep the raid game and group game separate. If groupers/casuals wanted to raid, I am sure they'd join a raiding guild.

It seems like all you have to do when seeing EQs future is to look into EQs past. They seem to be bringing that holy trinity stuff back into the game with PoWar. Which was a huge issue if anyone remembers. But its only an issue when you are having player and class shortage (like we are now) - Its almost as if the devs think that EQ is growing in population and thriving and is healthier than ever before due to their actions. Coming full circle at this point in the game is bad news. So lets hope that PoWar isnt going to be some kind of trend going forward where the group game is concerned.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Kelefane, it is one zone in the entire game that is not boxer friendly and it is special content. How exactly did that change the entire paradigm of the game?
  19. Kelefane Augur

You know what they say once you have your foot in the door. :cool:
    And toward the end of my reply, I acknowledged that it was just one zone and I hope it doesnt turn into some kind of trend.
    Elricvonclief and Tarvas like this.
  20. Phrett Augur

lol it won't... this game has been for a long time and will continue to be... easy button