Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Killstrike Journeyman

OMG! I cant believe you are saying this.. lol.. Every time I log into eq and go to PoWar, the zone is packed.. its not a POS zone.. I love it.. its great the way it is.. I also love the anti-pet mechanics.. cause I think mages are overpowered anyway.. but that's for a different time.. I don't think people are getting forced to play anyway.. Its just how this zone was thought up. yeah the xp is bad there.. but its supposed to be a raid? zone.. I think. Raid zones xp sucks anywhere.. or atleast in raid format.. I also love the agro buff that mobs put on your whole group.. its soo awesome.. its makes the tank really have to work to keep agro.. instead of all the easy mode crap that every other zone has.. one more thing.. the way that mobs are buffed up.. its just soo badass.. it reminds me of Gates of discord expansion.. I really loved that expansion.. yeah.. it was rough for a lot of guilds trying to raid it at first.. but folks got through it.. I think the same goes for PoWar.. in time.. everyone will be flagged and all will have the loots from it also..
  2. Killstrike Journeyman

or they could just leave the zone the way it is... I really don't see anything wrong with it.. farm the items like everyone else is doing..
  3. Greymantle Augur

Or not, with limited playing time we will just ignore PoW and do other stuff. Pity was looking for new things to attempt.
  4. Killstrike Journeyman

Free will.. What you do in the game is completely up to you..
  5. Edrick Augur

Playing your character includes agro management, and the boisterousness debuff makes you pay attention to your agro even more.

I'd say getting tier 3 rof raid gear with one or two groups is pretty damn nice. Then there are the bonuses of the augs and clickies which makes it appealing to any type of player despite their gear. Plus the progression is fun and such a great change of pace from every other zone we've had in years. I love it.
  6. CaptAmazing Augur

The zone is difficult. Pray you can get in with the initial crush. There's no one ( plat farmers excluded)going to coming to the zone after they get what they want. I've already put in five hours ( that's like 400 trash kills)over two nights with a raid guild that said I'd be welcome DPS. Though I haven't gotten a turn yet for any faction drops in that time. So now I hope I can get some before they move on and Im Locked out. I can't see those that can do the content wanting to spend anymore time then they have to killing for the Judicator.

Just another zone I can get to really see when I get ten more levels.
  7. Kelefane Augur

Its going to have extremely low replay value. People all over are saying "I cant wait to loot this or that so I can leave and never go back" - I havent heard the word "fun" pertaining to this zone on live servers yet. Just from people posting here because they like stirring the pot to keep the arguments and conversation going.
    noclue and CaptAmazing like this.
  8. Therisa Elder

9. Benzarden Augur

Agro management should not be sitting idly. There are only so many agro reducing abilities you have and most have a 15-30 minute cooldown. At least for wiz. So cast a nuke, get agro, fade, cast a nuke, get agro, mind crash (30 min CD), rinse and repeat with the other agro reducing abilities I have until I just have fade up every 3 minutes and I'm sitting on my hands for three minutes waiting for the tank to get enough agro or for boist to go away to cast again.

Boisterousness isn't a deal breaker, but it's certainly not a fun mechanic.
  10. Kelefane Augur

^^^This is exactly how I feel too.
    noclue likes this.
  11. Random_Enchanter Augur

POW is fun and interesting for now. I can very easly see in some time though , this zone being emptyed out other than a few groups flaging to get into vallon and tallon areas to beable to kill the named in there for the nice drops. The faction grind to obtain the quests needed to beable to kill the grandmaster (named in the tower) doesn't seem entriely worth it even if he only drops the sheild only aug.
  12. Killstrike Journeyman

if you don't like powar for how it is ... just don't go there.. I hope sony doesn't change anything.. im tired of all the winers getting catered to.. leave it as is..
  13. Kelefane Augur

No worries there. It'll be a ghost town in another month or so once this initial rush of people get what they came for. This zone has zero replay value. People will zone in, loot what they came for, and leave and never go back.
    Marton and Voth like this.
  14. Voth Elder

A thought process from a different perspective:
    1. New group zone comes out. Cool, I'll check into it at some point. +1
    2. Getting into progression requires a rare elemental plane bow that is going to be permacamped. Might be willing to do it at a later date when all the stupid goes away. -1
    3. There are new augments that are marginally better than what I have now, such as a damage aug with a lifetap proc. Maybe there is some incentive to do this after all. +1
    4. The zone is not "boxer friendly," mobs have mechanics, and I probably won't be able to go in without a real group. I hate grouping primarily because I hate other people (see point 2). Furthermore, I hate dealing with other people in open zones. -2
    5. Not only do I need a real group but it seems I need two real groups. Mathematically if we call a group X (2) and my hate for others a negative Y (-1) we come to another -2.
    Therefore, on a scale of 1-10 this comes to a negative number on my to do list. But don't let that stop any of you keyboard warriors on any side of the isle. Rage on!
    Kelefane likes this.
  15. strongbus Augur

Its a good thing that based on what I have seen drop form names in this zone that I don't need or want anything. Sorry I am see no reason to go to a zone that SOE has seen fit to say that I can' do something that I can do in any other zone in the game(reg and raid). And the only reason I have been giving here on the boards and in pm with a few SOE people was that they felt it best that only players can tank the names. Sorry that is not a acceptable reason for me.
  16. Siddar Augur

Axxius likes this.
  17. Lazy automation Elder

It is bad design. Make the quest interesting or fun or challenging anything but a ks fest of weak mobs for 6 hours. The quest can be long and involved and take 50 hours, just make it interesting. Tedious is not a virtue for a form of entertainment. This isnt a job, and if a video game has to teach me tenacity then my parents have failed at their job.

You know whats even sadder? I didnt mind doing things like vt shard farming or PoJ trials because at least you did it with other people and you could commiserate together. This quest is like antisocial antagonistic experiment, create a tight bottle neck where people will leave annoyed frustrated or angry. Fun times.
  18. Falos Augur

Step 1: Force everyone to make enemies with one another and hate each others guts while working on an access quest

Step 2: Require those same people to work together and seek help from one another just to progress into the deepest parts of that same zone.

Step 3: roflmfao
    Petts, Axxius and Bearforce like this.
  19. Ravengloome Augur

I disagree with this "its unboxable" stuff. I've done some named in Tamrel and Rulnavis with me boxing 4 and a friend boxing 3 and another friend coming along for the ride...

Also if people don't want to cooperate to work towards goals what in the heck are you playing a multiplayer game for good lord.
    Anglesy and Elricvonclief like this.
  20. GaryDgeorge New Member

what I find amusing is how people in plane of earth are whining about others killing stuff where they standing. now if we were talking about a actual name they were camping be a different story even though camps aren't acknowledge. but this is not the case they are killing trash trees in hope of a drop and who knows if they actually need it or are just trying to make another one to sell for plat. so I don't care if you been the 5 min or 5 hours gives you no more right to kill something that's not a named over any one else they hit/killed it first so what guess you weren't paying enough attention then you don't want that to happen pay more attention not to mention you can't claim rights to any particular type of mob see soe rules etc. so if you want to whine whine to soe that they don't have more mobs that drop this and don't have a bigger drop rate and possibly a whole bunch of other things related to it. which you probably are any way.