Sportsmanship

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ExoticCheese, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExoticCheese Journeyman

I don't usually open threads here, I prefer to respond. However, tonight I have something to say.

Tonight, TFC lost the dps race against RI on Emp.

I want to point out a few things that go on during these DPS races and during the aftermath.

TFC and RI entered Emp's chambers at the same time. Blood was pulled and killed. TFC won that fight.

Both guilds ran into one of the cubby's in prep for Emp. As is usual in every DPS race that I've been a part of, RI said nothing in any public channel. (Tells? Who knows) - We were there to race, not to trash talk. TFC, on the other hand, had a half dozen or more people talking trash in /say for the entire time we waited on Emp. You guys were so sure you were going to win, that you boasted how "desperate" we looked. You ran your mouths. We said nothing.

Emp spawned and TFC engaged first. RI jumped in moments later and BDAs flew around (I got BDA'd 3 times... I must be well known, or lucky...)

RI won the race. We said nothing. We cleared up the room, took our loot, and prepped for the next target.

That's what we/most of us do. We win, we clean up, we leave. Or, we lose, we reposition, and we move to the next target. Simple.

Had we lost that race, I can guarantee that TFC would have paraded around their victory like children. There probably would have been a thread here on the forums by an anonymous troll telling us how bad RI is and how bad we suck. Grow up.

Sure, I'm posting here - but I'm not bragging. It was a good fight. And I'm not anonymous. I'm sure everyone who frequents here or the unofficial server Discord knows who I am.

Good luck on your next DPS race against us. And next time, consider not trolling us before you win - because now consider how you look that you lost.

PS: I'm sure a lot of you forum readers don't care (weren't there, not from Coirnav, etc...) this thread isn't for you. I'm not here to incite trolling, I'm here to make a point.

PPS: And if you must, take it to the salt mines - it's much more fun there :)
  2. Punchu Augur

protip: hover your mouse over your next free buff slot waiting for that DA which you have audio triggered.
  3. That0neguy Augur

How am I supposed to click my spell gems if I do that?
    Punchu likes this.
  4. ExoticCheese Journeyman

Yes, each BDA was gone within a second or two - I didn't think the obvious needed to be stated.
  5. a_librarian Augur

you really think your post is different? You are here to brag and recruit players, I have no doubt
  6. ExoticCheese Journeyman

Please point out each place where I told people to apply to RI and where I talked trash about TFC in the manner in which anonymous TFC trolls do to RI whenever they're angry about something or lose a fight.

My post was about general sportsmanship.
  7. RandomStrategy Augur

Sounds like they're getting to you and the saltiness of your post is apparent.
  8. a_librarian Augur

maybe your intent when you made the post wasn't to recruit for your guild, I'll give you that. It was just my interpretation of your post. It read like a lot of assumptions were being made to make your guild look like the hero and the other guild look like the in this situation. So basically the same as any other guild vs guild drama post. At least it seems very similar to me

but I don't have any involvement with either guild so this is just my POV as an observer
    ExoticCheese likes this.
  9. Fumi-chan Augur

In the interest of keeping stories straight since we live in an era of fake news, here's the rest of what happened.

RI pulled Blood while TFC was gathering in Emp's room. TFC beat RI on Blood. Once Emp spawned, he was pulled near a cubby that both guilds were gathered in. Engage time for both guilds was the same. TFC attempted to tank Emp, RI clerics cast bestow divine aura (BDA) repeatedly our tanks which caused them to lose aggro and a good handful of our DPS to die. In addition, horrifying visage and voice of terris were cast on our DPS, increasing their threat thus ensuring they were next after our tanks were BDA'd.

Cheeseman - Maybe you weren't aware of what RI's own cleric, enc and SK were doing. Thought I'd enlighten you since you seem so concerned about underhanded tactics and trolling. To be clear, I don't care that any these things happened, it's part of OW competition and we learned quite a bit from it. But why post about it when your own guild is doing the same thing? After all, we learned it from you guys.

Lastly, I apologize for some members of the guild talking out in public channels. We generally do try to keep things civil in the heat of the moment despite situations not always being civil.

PS - We know who you are in game, your forum signature has your name in it....
  10. ExoticCheese Journeyman

I never said tactics weren't underhanded... Perhaps I should have been clear that BDAs were flying around left and right from both sides. We lost a couple DPS too.

The main point of my post was the continuing sportsmanship between the two guilds. I may have been unclear there, too. The intent of my post was to point out that we go out of our way to keep it civil on our DPS races. That said, I can't speak for tells that go back and forth...

Not at all salty, it's part of the game and any competition... but it looks pretty bad when you guys talk up a big storm and then lose, and then when you do win, someone in the guild, generally anonymous, comes here and goes off on a tirade.

I completely welcome the competition - when I saw you guys charge towards Emp's portal I was quite excited to know that I wouldn't be the "spellshield " tonight lol...

That's exactly what I meant :)
  11. Clonkers Lorekeeper

Last time we saw RI in OW they trash talked us from VT ent while we setup at the safe room click up then because we were there faster when we clicked up they trained us. Sportsmanship? Hilarious.
  12. Chillies New Member

TFC and RI will both die when the next TLP comes out, nothing to see here.
  13. snailish Augur

Funny, for sportsmanship I imagined those two very civil chimpmunks (not Chip and Dale, the other two) saying:

"Oh no sir, you kill the Emp. I've already had one this month."

"Why thank you sir, but I killed the last emp. You go ahead."

"So true that. Thank you. But I think you should do it."

"Ah, I truly couldn't. It would be an honor to let you do this."

and so on...
    andross77 and ExoticCheese like this.
  14. Jimmy2times Elder

Honestly everquest players are an endangered species so idk why we are all being jerks to one another. I see it everyday in this great game.
    andross77 likes this.
  15. Boze TLP complaint factory

These Coirnav threads that wax poetic and then turn to infighting fuel me in between expac openings. Keep it up y'all
    Rajaah and Dythan like this.
  16. That0neguy Augur

Yep you are right, those spells must have been the reason you lost and caused your GL to die to rampage. That Voice of Terris before the fight, and Visage's 90 seconds into the fight.

[Sun Dec 30 21:55:32 2018] Engage Time

[Sun Dec 30 21:56:15 2018] RI SK 1 begins to cast a spell. <Voice of Terris>
    [Sun Dec 30 21:57:20 2018] TFC SK 1 begins to cast a spell. <Voice of Terris>
    [Sun Dec 30 21:57:39 2018] TFC Enc 1 begins to cast a spell. <Horrifying Visage>
    [Sun Dec 30 21:58:02 2018] RI Enc 1 begins to cast a spell. <Horrifying Visage>
    [Sun Dec 30 21:58:08 2018] TFC Enc 1begins to cast a spell. <Horrifying Visage>
    [Sun Dec 30 21:58:28 2018] RI Enc 1 begins to cast a spell. <Horrifying Visage>

[Sun Dec 30 21:56:29 2018] TFC Tank has been rendered invulnerable by the gods.
    [Sun Dec 30 21:56:39 2018] TFC Cleric has been rendered invulnerable by the gods.
    [Sun Dec 30 21:56:46 2018] TFC Monk has been rendered invulnerable by the gods.
    [Sun Dec 30 21:57:05 2018] Cheesy Wizard has been rendered invulnerable by the gods.
    [Sun Dec 30 21:57:57 2018] Cheesy Wizard has been rendered invulnerable by the gods.
    [Sun Dec 30 21:58:08 2018] RI Bard has been rendered invulnerable by the gods.
    [Sun Dec 30 21:58:09 2018] TFC Necro has been rendered invulnerable by the gods.
    [Sun Dec 30 21:58:42 2018] TFC Enc has been rendered invulnerable by the gods.
    Yep, repeatedly on your tanks for sure! And really a Bard? You should talk to a certain cleric who might like Scotch whiskey a little too much about proper people to BDA during a fight. The only person to die after your tank was BDA'd was another tank. So your tanks were doing good and keep above DPS on aggro. You clerics let him down by not switching fast enough.
    I digress though, what was that about keeping your story straight?
    ExoticCheese likes this.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Stuck at work. More drama please
    Boze likes this.
  18. So Happy Augur

LOL. Sportsmanship on TLPs.
    andross77 likes this.
  19. Piznut Angry Gnome

I think TFC and RI race now more for the enjoyment of racing, because Emp has been up in OW more often than not over the last week, just chilling and waiting to be killed for hours.
  20. Bolten_DA Augur

I think Coirnav needs a open house guild Royal Rumble match on open world Emp.
    Rajaah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.