So you want to play a Beastlord...

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Ternarissa, May 20, 2016.

1. Zaknaffein Augur

That's enough chit chat from you kitty cats!
    Fero me!
    Sindaiann likes this.
  2. Duhbeast Augur

I'm pretty sure Poddo refuses to, just saying. :cool:
  3. Zaknaffein Augur

That and turning off pet taunt /shakes fist
  4. Brohg Augur

Multibind Dicho. Should be on every minute, like, religiously, not waiting for GoMs. Use GoM for a revamp dot, maybe
  5. Stubar Augur

Your heart is in the right place, however the execution on this particular item is misplaced. There are so many other more efficient ways for a warrior to regen end. While it seems like a good idea, there's nothing worse than a caster/healer group begging for mana at the end of a make or break event and you say "sorry, just used all that mana regen for a warrior to get a measly 6 end per tic...and he died right away again cuz healers went OOM. :( "
    Enkel likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

uh, SE ain't Paragon.
  7. Stubar Augur

LOL, aaaaaand ya. Must...have coffee..before....reading...these.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

6 end regen is nothing. Mid event rebuff in really should be only maximum effective buffs. beasts are spell gem starved and aren't keeping this on their spell bar. Honestly if you are even asking this question you are not ready to play at the end game dude.
  9. Duhbeast Augur

Well it depends on the scenario really. I guess I was referring to moloing group content, efficiently clearing for named and such. If you are in a group with melee, or for raids, it's always best to spam dicho, I would agree with that. When moloing tbm content, I tend to dicho on gift, and dot on 2nd gift.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

If they don't care about their DPS that's not my fault.
    Brohg likes this.
  11. Duhbeast Augur

Also there wasn't very much mentioned about our defensive abilities and how to prioritize them. Protective spirit discipline max aa is amazing, it is our go to defensive and should always be mentioned. It lasts for 30 seconds and the cooldown is only 2 minutes. It blocks like 90% of damage during that time. 2nd priority would be spirit monkey discipline. It increases dodge by a lot, but they still strike through. It is on a much longer cooldown. 3rd would be protection of the warder and companion sacrifice. Bloodlust is a top tier defensive paired with a drain life weapon or 2, but it can go either way as far as offensive or defensive. Last tier would be small clickies and things of that nature.
  12. Puzzling Journeyman

attack of the warders is just shy of a waste of time. rarely if ever is it actually worth hitting.

roar follows this same concept, while agro shouldn't be too much of an issue, if your dotting like a you will have to flop regardless of if you hit it or not.

like someone said you missed ferociousness in the order, you also didn't explain why RF and SF should be split for longer burns (understanding is the key to execution)

to reiterate what someone else pointed out, stop using 1st spire.

use of dicho "chain casting" is dependent on your mana consumption. I like the spam method, and only alter that when entering a burn, so i don't end up casting it while RF is running.

might have missed it, but i didn't see anything about consumption being used, to keep up with the drain you should be constantly putting on your mana pool.

i don't know anyone that uses reflexive rending as part of the burn, its a utility for when you have a bunch of cry babies ooe.

mini BP should be used when BBR isnt running, regardless of what your doing. but on that note, BBL lasts what 6.5mins if you still think you're "burning" after that point, you got issues.

cry at the moon is wasteful, and should not be tied to any key. on an average trash mob, you will be lucky to see it DPS for 2s before the mob is dead, and the pet will just stand around unless you are struck by something else. manually cast it to activate growl when needed (AT's are your friend) also worth mentioning that you can target yourself to cast it, and get the growl effect without sending a pet out into the world (good for starting encounters).

you shouldn't be slowing on raids, so that has no business on your assist key. unless that key is only used for grouping. just wasting time casting something that is someone elses job.

also when dotting is allowed, and your mana isn't an issue. replacing your last nuke with a DD upfront dot is increased DPS, just make sure nothing follows it, since the dot will just chain cast when nothing else is up.

my 2cp.

worth ending your little write-up with "be sure to play around, and test different techniques. that is how you find out where and what works best. also understanding the events, and the time it takes your guild or clique to execute events can alter the order that you hit things in."

if all else fails, re-roll a zerker and /win
  13. AnzoRagespirit Augur

I love reading beastlords posts (even though being a bst main isn't fun anymore cause the devs simply ignore us) cause they are full of good and bad strats.

From this crappy bsts opinion.

1. Dichto should be cast any time it's up, yes it costs mana....F manna you have the abilities to get it back.

2. DOTs on raids...don't do this just don't unless your raid leaders say you can dot...let the necros do it. Cause of the debuff lock and let's face it bst dots now cost a butt load of mana, that and when you cast a dot, the refresh time you could have two nukes blasted.

3. Swarm pet and growl...like mentioned before, keep your swarm pet on reserve don't use in raids with lots of adds / AEs especially cause a kited mob taking damage is a dead kiter / knight and possibly the whole raid. As for the Growl buff, just use the actually buff not feralgia, costs less mana, and we all know more mana = more nukes.

4. Combat skill + spell macros. Instead of making a macro to cast certain spells make a macro key ( or two ) for you melee combat abilities then just keybind your nukes to that button. "But then the combat skills will countradict spell casts or abilities may not fire" yes...yea they will I have two combat keys one is just combat abilities the other is the same minus one ability and is key bound to my nukes.

5. Your pet will die...it's going to happen, make use of suspended minion.

6. Your burn...just burn if your numbers suck, seek help, that's it, hell try new things.

7. BUY A NAGA or the Logitech version ( don't know the name off my head) if you use your main hot bar for your macros and "main stuff" her a mouse with 1- 12 right where your thumb is...makes things 500% Easier.

If this doesn't help then I dunno what to say....and when I saw the title " so you wanna play a bst" I was like oh god after years of being a bst main....it's just boring now, with DBG ignoring us ( and zerks) I now hate my main class...hell at least let us MGB Fero, I mean wtf.

Yes it says I'm a new member, I'm not I just usually only read the forums I just never post cause I don't feel like it.
  14. Kaliko Augur

15. Brohg Augur

First in the Dicho section, you say it's not worth it to be good adps. Then later you ask if another bst is getting good adps? I think you need to more thoroughly think through your personal raiding strategy.
  16. Kaliko Augur

If this is about my comment i'll explain. By good adps I mean having a bard and a shaman thats ontop of epics/dichos,etc. So far I haven't found any beastlords or pure melee dps able to even find a parsable difference of if beast dicho fury buff even affects the group afaik only the HME gain.
  17. Ravengloome Augur

Really? Ill bite... Can you prove the hundred hands effect it gives does not work?

If the answer to that is yes it doesn't work. Well then it needs to be fixed.

If the answer to that is no it does work. You need to invest some time in parsing properly
  18. Kobrah Augur

The HHE works fine.. parsed when we first got it vs ruaabri's and its pretty much the same except dicho makes pet rampage.
  19. Ravengloome Augur

Right i asked that in RE: to the Dicho Fury is an unparseable ADPS difference.

Because id venture a guess its def parseable. Especially if maintained.

Unless the HHE of the spell is self only or some silly crap like that. Which would still be parseable it just wouldn't be group ADPS
  20. AnzoRagespirit Augur

No I'm not denied adps groups and I don't suck, I'm just bored with the class it's just not fun for me anymore but that's ME as a player other people enjoy them and they should, but for me the class is just kinda meh anymore again that's for ME.