SK VS MONK duoed with a SHAMAN

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FENDER42, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Raranik New Member

Are you the same Coach from Ragefire that boxed a druid named Waylen?
  2. Coach_Kegadin Augur

Nope
  3. Eldrian Augur

Without question Monk/Shaman will be some very good DPS early on.

Without question as content gets harder the Shaman will die.........alot.
  4. Rhiyannon Augur

my main is a battle shammie so... basically I've grouped with monk/sk/necro/cleric.. well everything

monk/shammie... it can get rough and the shammie needs to be more battle shammie(con) than healer shammie(res) so they can help with the dps etc... but healing more, it's a fine line
    sk/shammie... more win, the sk takes the hits and they dot rot anything down together, but gear can be more of an issue for the sk
    the best combo with a shammie though is the necro, with the mez, the dots and rots, the pets(ghost puppy dies fast but good dps while it lasts)... unless there's too many adds, they can wipe a lot and battle shammies can off-tank somewhat. necros and shammies work very well together with complementary skills regen/necro mana regen. a guildie and myself love to team up, between the two of us as can add 6 or more dots at 50, then pets... well you get the idea.
  5. Poydras Augur

Yeah I have made tanky shamans a couple times and gotten quite far in the progression on a couple TLP's. Shamans tend to live in ghetto groups and combos and CC stuff in the face all the time. Guess I never made it far enough to experience this delicate flower thing where they die a lot. And I always liked to slow stuff on inc.
  6. Rhiyannon Augur

it starts to get rougher after 45 or so, the mobs start hitting harder and chain just doesn't quite cover as well. before that though, they can't tank as well as a plate class obviously, but fully and properly buffed they can tank. it helps make up for the necro squishiness.
  7. Typucm Elder

Sorry for necroposting, have question about interrupting spells.
    How sk can interrupt casting mob? Bash/slam? :)
    Monk have AA Dragon Force this can interrupt casting mob, maybe others way to do it, but SK?
    Skewert likes this.
  8. MaxTheLion Augur

An honest question for some of you that necro 2+ year old threads. How do you come to them? To get to anything last replied in 2016 you need to go to a minimum of page 122. Do you scroll through 122 pages while super bored or do you use "search" with a key word and then refuse to do deeper research when the first thread doesn't have the answer?
  9. malaki Augur

Would assume using the search function or getting the thread through a google search.
    Skewert likes this.
  10. Typucm Elder

Yup.
    And if i asked here, maybe it's because i can't find answer in other threads?

Can you prompt me to thread with answer to my question, if you very well in using search? :)
    Skewert likes this.
  11. Targin Journeyman

Dragon Force won't interrupt spells, ever.

Not sure what SK's can do to interrupt. I'd guess Bash, Fear/Snare, and maybe some proc from a self buff but I didn't see anything in the the 1 - 75 spell list that looked liked it did on Alla's.
  12. Aegir Augur

If you autoskill Round Kick, while have bought ranks of Stunning Round Kick, you will cast a 1.5 sec stun on your target everytime you round kick. Can be resisted though and only works up to mobs 3 levels higher than you depending on your Rank in the AA.
  13. Typucm Elder

i have 65 sk, good geared, on Agnarr. And i still cant understand any way sk can interrupt spell casting. Maybe someone know how to do it? :)
    Skewert likes this.
  14. Lankie Augur

Equip a shield and bash?
  15. Xeris Augur

Alternatively, don't equip a shield and just 2h bash.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Bash is iffy on interrupt IMO, but it's all SK's have. Maybe someone can jump in on bash's actual chance to interrupt (aka a dev).
    Skewert likes this.
  17. Yimin Augur

SK/Shaman>Monk/Shaman

YiMin
  18. Gronns Lorekeeper

Come 2.0 for the SK id say SK/Sham has no equal boxing wise. If I were limited it would be an SK/Shaman hands down.
    Skewert likes this.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Shaman can snare. No need to do SK just for snare.
  20. code-zero Augur

Shaman can only snare if they are Troll worshippers of Innoruuk and have The Regent Symbol of Innoruuk from the Innoruuk Regent quest. That clicky casts Clinging Darkness which is a low level necro/SK spell
    Skewert likes this.