Six months before Kunark is insane

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Giappo, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giappo Augur

Six months before Kunark is insane. I hope we will have a poll on Ragefire that will actually reflect the opinion of players that will actually be playing there.
  2. gander Augur

Agreed.
    Sendori and Indrigoth like this.
  3. Zinth Augur

Everything about Ragefire is insane... The long time doesn't bother me, I have found plenty stuff to do until release of Kunark... But the voting bothers me and the "no rules rule" buggers me greatly... So much that I might decide to not play.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  4. Adreus Lorekeeper

There was a poll that reflected what we wanted, and we got what the majority voted for. This whole conspiracy theory is ridiculous and seriously needs to be dropped. You are more than welcome to have your opinion that it will be awful, but the vote is over with.

I highly doubt enough people randomly just clicked the first answer just to get to vote to vanish, thus allowing classic to win. I played on the last TLP, and I know how it is. Would you like to guess how I voted? I voted for Classic and for 6 months of it as well. Myself, and my entire group of friends who played on the last TLP as well, all voted the same as I did.

We don't want a level 60 cap; we want to hit 50 and play in classic. It's a progression server... is it that crazy that people want to actually progress starting with the base game? You all need to give this up, really. Classic won, and classic only will stay. If you do not like it, then you should simply not play until Kunark launches.

Some of us don't want to have to think about those extra 10 levels right off the bat, or simply don't want to trivialize some of the gear from classic. If that is too hard to understand, then you can understand why it's hard for me to understand why people would want classic+kunark or... heaven forbid, kunark+velious!

Also, beat this topic to death in a thread that has already been around for a while. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/classic-server-ragefire-boon-or-doom.220132/

There is no need to spam this forum further with even more complaining about how you didn't get your way.
    Nolrog, Galagos, liveitup1216 and 7 others like this.
  5. Archess Elder

I voted for Classic + Kunark, i am sad my vote didnt win, but ill still play, it's funny but you are one of those people that will only recognize the poll results when your selection wins, everything else is fake.
    liveitup1216, Klaria and Adreus like this.
  6. Faelim Lorekeeper

I'm happy that it's six months. I'm a casual player seeing how I work 7 days a week, 3 of them being 12 hour shifts and 4 of them being 5 to 8. This will give me time to enjoy it, not rush. Hell I may not be raiding or have the best gear but I'll definitely be able to camp some stuff and enjoy myself and along the way meet some nice people to enjoy the TLP server.

I can't believe how much negative attitude there is about it. We should be thankful we are getting one and can enjoy it while it lasts.

If it doesn't sound fun to you, don't play, plain and simple.
    Smallpox, Galagos, Umman and 4 others like this.
  7. KingOfPepsiMax Lorekeeper

I thin you're grossly over evaluating your skill as a classic EQ player. You want the new expansions faster because you're a Molo player.
    Galagos likes this.
  8. Fallfyres Augur

--------------------
    Righteous post Adreus! Agreed.

Same old tired attempted forum manipulation we've all seen everywhere, on every set of forums in every MMO: misinformation and repetitive restatements regularly posted in search of devs who will capitulate. Same. Exact. Format.

When and IF DBG decides based on their requirements and measurements that the population is so drastically few, then they will choose or choose not to change the whole parameter used for the initial vote.

During the initial vote/poll, nor before it did they say "Hey, whichever results occur, we will be taking a re-poll in order to allow those who might want to change their mind or who didn't know their mind in the first place to re-vote." NO>>> they said after the results came IN, they plan to be flexible and see if there are reasons to even consider a possible re-polling and will decide later IF they want to proceed with that.

Seriously reverse psychology by those who are not happy with the voting results, nor a smattering of repeated misstated information is not needed. It is also highly unlikely to be effective in convincing this dev team to revoke what they have already set in motion. It does serve the purpose of muddying up what players perhaps should concentrate on: the launch, the actual play of this new server and whether or not its fun enough to warrant continued subscriptions.

They, DBG will rephrase, remarket and redo A poll if and when they want to, k? Please don't think these player polls are used for anything other than a litmus test anyhow, ONE of many variables in the decision-making tree.
  9. tentimes Elder

Personally I want to have a bit of time with the game as it was on release - with 50 levels and sparse gear. We would never get that feeling if it released with Kunark. I did not vote, but whatever the vote had been I would have accepted it.

Maybe people will grow tired in 6 months of this, but you should just accept that the poll was fair and move on.
    Galagos and liveitup1216 like this.
  10. Tarrin Augur

I don't find it insane. I just find it boring.
    Devorum likes this.
  11. Vaclav Augur

Yea, there's no precedent of a lousy server that died within a month or two being voted on when everyone serverwide was invited to vote for it or anything - would be hilarious if they ever did that and the ruleset was so terrible they removed the ruleset within six months or so of the server coming out.

Now if you don't mind me I'm going to play my 51/50 character on Vox some more.

/sarcasm off - there's a huge difference between noting precedent and conspiracy theory.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  12. Batbener Augur

I am guessing it's going to take about 70 hours of leveling to get to level 50, if you take your time and aren't power pulling. What that means is that if you play 7 hours a week(one hour a day, every day, with no big sessions on the weekend, or don't play at all during the week, but "grind out" 2 3.5 hour sessions on the weekend), it's going to take you ten weeks to get to level 50. 10 weeks is 2.5 months. For the people that casuals call casuals.

The big difference between "classic" eq and a progression server is there aren't that many people starting after the fact. I didn't start playing until 2001, and I still got that "classic" experience. There was still a list for Frenzy, and you could still walk from Lord to King without seeing a mob. In 6 months of "classic" on a progression server where pretty much everyone that is going to play is going to log in in the first week, you are going to see FBSS rots, because no one is going to be paying the station cash to make that 9th alt, though some will because there wont be anything else to do.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  13. Behee Augur

Well, a lot of people are probably playing their old accounts (we sure are). With no RaF bonus, the older the account the better for veteran rewards, when they activate. We have at least 8 accounts which are over 10 years old.

Those older accounts often have a lot of loyalty points available. If people are playing mostly on Ragefire, they can't use their loyalty for years to come (Vulak still doesn't have the loyalty vendor). But, they can go to a normal server and buy up to 3 dolls of character there. That makes 11 alts before buying another 3 at the store.

Ragefire will also be hit by people who are already all-access (maybe even playing EQ2 or another DBG game) who decide to check it out. It's all good, as long as the server can handle everyone. How many stay is the question.
  14. Oberon Augur

Crazy like a fox
  15. Jadefox Augur

Mah. I plan on buying the extra alt slots. I'll also buy the Hero's Forge for my pally once I start her and a for a few others. Mostly because the half-elf female's regular gear looks slutty and not paladiny at all.

--Jade
  16. Vaclav Augur

Hopefully Half-Elves can wear the robe images from HF - they look badass on knights.

BTW the more posts I see by you the more you remind me of someone that used to go by just simply Jade once upon a time as an Enchanter when I first met them... (And she did have a good friend commonly nicknamed to Fox at that... likely just odd coincidence - but still)
    Jadefox likes this.
  17. Maxham New Member

Why cant we have a slow progression server.... They have done the quick to release, about time they did a slower version.
  18. Tweelis Augur

To those of you that want Kunark unlocked sooner rather than later; many of us don't want that!

Ya see, my wife and I play this game to relax. We use to be power gamers, raided Luclin through OoW then one off raids here and there since. These days though the whole 1 hour a day plus 3 hours a day on weekends isn't in our blood. Even with the hours we do play we like to check out new things and experiment with stuff that we haven't done in the past. Both of us will be playing classes that we haven't played. For anybody to claim that we'll both be max level in under 3 months......HAHAHA!!!

The other thing that comes to mind when people complain about things not moving fast enough are the RMT'ers. It's very understandable why they want things to unlock on a faster schedule. Once the market is flooded with FBSS's and SMR's it will be time to move to bigger and better things. I suspect that in under 4 months everybody's third alt will have all the gear that the RMT'ers will be able to farm for profit. If a RMT bot army can't sell that goody for enough $$$ to justify keeping their accounts paid for they will be forced to, I don't know....do something that doesn't involve being ***hats and dominating a spawn/camp.

So while I try and keep an open mind regarding others enjoyment and playstyle a lot of these "let's unlock content faster" threads just smack of some RMT'er wanting to make sure their profit margin remains in tact. I'd love to see your profit margin on SMR's and FBSS's sink so low that you have to get out of your parents basement and maybe do something more meaningful than dominate a camp.
  19. Gleipnir Journeyman

Or maybe all the people that don't want to play on 6 months of classic can accept thats what the majority voted for and simply wait till Kunark is released to subscribe, or they can spend whatever amount of time they deem is acceptable for Classic then take a break till Kunark

I swear these threads should be titled my vote ddint win, so here is why everyone who voted against me is wrong
  20. Jaxarale Journeyman

The initial vote is over true... the next one to open Kunark is 2 months away and that is what people are posting for IMO... squeaky wheel gets the grease type thing...
    Classic only will stay? Then why did DB offer another vote if the pop wanted it? Pretty sure they know what is about to happen.

No need to spam forums? There is every reason... its called feedback and it is what they have asked for. I appreciate you trying to police the forums for them but they have it under control... 6 threads locked in 15 mins the other day when FFA was announced.
    It is interesting to note you are here complaining about people complaining. Always loved that about forums! =}
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.