Six months before Kunark is insane

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Giappo, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oberon Augur

All the amazing mage box racers and their alts will surely get bored and quit. Too bad
    Fallfyres and liveitup1216 like this.
  2. Diemond Augur

Not really, most will probably be in "the guild" and they will continue getting their thrills by preventing you from accessing any top end content.
  3. liveitup1216 Augur

Play for 2-3 months, then stop and come back when Kunark opens. Everybody wins.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Weverley Augur

Personally i'm what you call an altaholic not to mention i love tradeskill so i don't expect to have more then 1 or 2 character at lvl 50 when kunark get released. Oh and i started with luclin so when people talk manastone, fbss i know nothing of those so for a few years gonna have to either look to what it is, who drop them not to mention all those quests that you need different thngs in different zones.Somebody on another thread was talking blackened alloy gear.I had to look about it because i didn't know what it was and who can wear it.Found out it's only plate wearer classes that can wear it.I can imagine having to look for each classes gear and where to get it.Big learning curve.Oh and i rarely buy something from traders so all those spider hunting for silk, animal hunting for pelt and so fourth takes time.I know i shouldn't assume everybody do all those things.I know many after a few weeks gonna be bored but i could be in classic for a year and still not finish on all those things. When half the server decide it's time to move on i will follow
    Fallfyres, MBear and Jadefox like this.
  5. Chips Elder

Six plus months with just Classic is just fine. This is what people voted for. This gives people a chance to level up their character, and then possibly level up other ones. This is going to be fun because it'll be easier to find groups. The downside; which should be addressed is if there are to many people in non-instanced zones then I think they should look at 2nd instances on those zones too.. This isn't really much different than having multiple servers.. So people that think it's bad to have more than 1 instance really aren't seeing the whole picture; that is that on live for example there are multiple servers which means really more than 1 instance of a zone..
  6. rune00 Augur

Don't come here and post nonsense about stuff you are just guessing about, I'm actually leveling a 1-50 Mage on the beta server and I can tell you with 100% certainty that it's going to take a LONG time to get to 50, I have 4 days on /played and he is level 22 and I only been killing yellows and reds, I get about 1% exp on average per kill but the killing isn't what takes time it's the medding that gets you.

Now granted I'm in a group and I know I would get more exp per kill if I soloed, but it's still extremely slow. (Which I don't mind, it's certainly a throwback to how it was in the olden days)

Level a char 1-50 in less than 10 days /played time (which for normal people with jobs comes to uhm I don't know several months if you only do a couple hours per day?) then come back here and say 6 months is too long. It isn't cause eq isn't my second job. Nor do I want it to be and apparently neither did the majority since the 6 month vote won.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. Snuffalot Journeyman

Why would we want to rush expansions? There are already plenty of servers that offer up that content. Can't we have this one be different? Sorry you didn't get your way, but that doesn't mean there was a flaw in the system. It just means your opinion isn't in the majority. Welcome to life.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

There's no goddamn way - in a group of Ranger/Druid/Bard/Paladin - I hit L20 in under 2 days on /played.
  9. CorazonoDellaNoche Journeyman

why are you killing reds and yellows? You get the same 1% per kill (as per server max xp/kill rule) on blues, which is much faster and safer. You could be much higher than 22 for 4 days played.
  10. Hateseeker Augur

Lots of assumptions here...there are many reasons why people might vote as they did. First, it's not a conspiracy theory, it's simple fact that the vote was open to all, not just Ragefire players, and what motivations non-Ragefire players may have had, we may never know to any great extent. Ignoring that, though, there is no reason to assume that all Classic voters did so because they need that long to level up. Reasons can range from hypercasuals who need that whole time, to people who want to make multiple alts, to people who like Classic for the way Classic raids work - every victory for your guild is another spawn down that other guilds can't get even if they're capable of downing it. And everything in between.
  11. Vaclav Augur

Many people would prefer not be forced into "play 2-3 months, quit for 3-4 months" cycles or alting. Etc.

I'll personally be doing a bit of both - <Ragefire Evacuation Plan> is recruiting on Test for people wanting to screw around with me over there in fact - but to act confused that people would rather have something they didn't need to cycle in and out of is bizarre.

As is the whole "the vote can't be flawed" argument - 51/50 happened in the past and was a rousing failure because people voted for it and never played on the damn thing.
    Indrigoth, Behee and Jaxarale like this.
  12. Hateseeker Augur

Oh? What servers might that be? Previous TLP servers have moved on and Live servers don't suit this purpose.
    Was there ever an analysis as to why it failed? Did it start as a regular server (all expansions) except for the 51/50? That's probably why...I'm guessing that a TLP server that skips the early expansions could be popular....like maybe one that starts Luclin with 51/50 and moves forward from there like a normal progression server. Or starts in PoP....
    Jaxarale likes this.
  13. Ultrazen Augur

So...let's say I'm not a hamster on a wheel, and I actually enjoy playing alts. With just one alt, that would fill up the 6 month time allotment. I agree with your assessment, It should be at least a year until Kunark is unlocked.

TLDR: People voted, there was a clear and overwhelming winner, get over it.
  14. MBear Augur

There are a lot of different play styles. I have a level 4 necro with 44 minutes /played sitting in FoB and a level 5 sk with 2 days /played sitting in EC tunnel both on Beta right now.
  15. Redik2 Augur

I think the "this is what the people voted for" response should be grounds for an automatic post deleting, because it simply isn't true.

The "people" that were given a chance to vote also includes the entire EQ Live population and their many alts who had the voting prompt pop up. This means that at least 50% of the people who voted for any rule-set for the new TLP, had/have no intentions at all of playing on it.

Your average live player could have thought many things such as:

1. People like these progression servers so maybe voting for the max nostalgia will help.
    2. Voting max nostalgia means longer time between unlocks = more dev. focus on Live
    3. Voting max nostalgia could piss off a lot of people, sounds like fun!
    4. A lot of people like p99 and they've been in Kunark forever... voting max nostalgia = vote for p99
    5. The longer it takes for them to progress, the fewer random progression guilds will sprout up on my server stealing potential guild applicants

Etc etc etc....

I understand the need for an initial rule-set and doing an in-game vote made sense.. but the rules were set BEFORE some of the articles were done on the big MMO sites and before some TLP-specific people had a chance to show up. The cart was really put in front of the horse when it came to the Rule-set voting and the server advertising...

Therefore... let's let the server play out, but when the Kunark unlock vote happens, throw a second vote on the Priest of Discord asking if they should cut the unlock time by 1/3.

If it wins, ask the same question in Velious, until we find a happy medium. If it loses... then and play.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  16. MBear Augur

17. Jadefox Augur

Isn't the current number of Ragefire players currently at zero right now... at least until the 20th?
    Think you might mean something else here, but what you mean will completely define the context of your statement. Maybe even change it from how I read it initially.
    --Jade
  18. Hateseeker Augur

That is exactly the point; doing these polls prior to server creation is necessary from multiple standpoints but it also invites the entire playerbase to weigh in. And you can say that all these people, by virtue of being active players, deserve to vote, but how many will actually play here? How many ever played on TLP at all and recognize the issues the server faces? It feels all nostalgic for a Live player to think about the idea of TLP, but unless they play here they won't know what it feels like to have camp queue depth multiple times longer than in 1999.
  19. Vaclav Augur

Of course, but he was implying everyone would be similarly slow. Not that he was abnormally slow.
  20. rune00 Augur

Have you even played on the server? at level 5 I killed a blue and got 2% exp then I killed a red and got 7% exp and that's when I decided to only go for yellows and reds it is faster even with me medding cause there is no cap, and if one exist it's high.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.