ShadowKnight Weapon Stance Def Proficiency

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xarbokk, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Ravengloome Augur

I,multibind so I don't leave DPS on the table homeboy. Curious I haven't raided with you recently, but other than me are other paladins pissing in your cornflakes?

But Yeh I got my first welfare check framed. Thanks for your donation.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Visual aids are awesome:
    [IMG]
  3. Triconix Augur

Lol, can you read?

1. You said that balance has been flipped on it's head. The norm was SK > War > Pal. Flipped implies it's Pal > War > SK. This is not the case. At the moment it's most likely Pal > SK > War. (If you want to dig in deep, it was actually the 120/100/80 rule with knights being the 80 and warriors being the 100, but we all know that fell through ages ago).

2. Again, I didn't say that pallies only burn the best on undead. Read and understand. The fact that the expansion is undead heavy, highlights/compounds the pally advantage even more so compared to regular mobs. Or is that too complicated for you to translate with your 3 brain cells?

3. Yes, I'm curious to what the DOT dps does. If it shoots SKs to top spot and puts them way ahead, I'd like to see pallies and, especially warriors, to get boosts. The SK advantage over warriors in terms of dps would just be compounded.

How is better melee dps for warriors ignorant? It's always been the case. It helps to offset spell dps. Did I say it matched it?No, but it kept us reasonable in terms of dps.

Anyways, you got the order of what I said wrong. First, we discussed melee dps, which I'm surprised knights are equal by the numbers given since the last time I ran a parse of my own. Normally, we held an advantage in that regard due to no spells. Next I stated the DoT changes.

The only parses lately have been vs undead mobs while tanking. That's not a good parse because of ripostes.

In normal tanking scenarios (tanks not in dps groups), what are the average parses of knights? Ballpark it for all I care. From what I see, warriors usually get around the 70-100k on burns.

Again, you call me ignorant but you're so terrible you can't admit the advantages of multibinding? You're doing it wrong if you're not for certain classes.

Clearly you jump to moronic conclusions. Your words aren't even worth your weight in lead, let alone gold.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

Good SKs do beat paladins, and once you get your dot changed give me a break. Let alone the fact your leaving so much on the table with your derp mode alt casting.

Edit: Triconix, paladins don't really need a dps boost, warriors sure. I'd love one but we don't "need" one like we did in SOD, we could use a slight relaxing on the mana cost of DP maybe, but we are doing tolerable dps considering utility and undead.

I mean atm warrior sustained in a group is probably sub cleric level dps (if the cleric is good)
  5. Xanathol Augur

Triconix isn't worth the time.

But I find your post interesting... So now you see SKs maintaining 70-80k sustained dps for 40+ minutes on live missions like you were going on about? And of course, beating your 200k+ on greater than 60 second fights? Or was it the 115 to 150k on 5+ minute fights? Please, do share, as you were happy to brag about those numbers in game. Chain pressing 1 key is lol.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

Lol.

Have you ever done group content with a chanter bard shaman and beast?

And I've been beat at less than 60's by SK before so Yeh you can
  7. Triconix Augur

FTFY.

I know pallies are in a good spot, but it'd be nice to see a boost to them also IF the knight DoT change ends up being out of hand. Warriors will definitely need a boost and probably need a boost even now, but it's not on my priority of things to get fixed.

Warrior sustained tanking dps in groups is around 40-45k for me. This fluctuates depending on the weapon set I have out. My non active boxing tank dps is 30k with my sham and SB set up.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

As long as the DOT changes don't make me be unable to peel a mob off an SK if I need to I don't care.

Though it's gunna be funny reading the forums

Meanwhile I am gunna be over here collecting Xanathol tax money and spamming 1 key like a pro
  9. Xanathol Augur

10. Xanathol Augur

Figures!

I am actually worried about the aggro from the DoTs. Already have to FD on a burn so will be interesting to see how much time we spend laying down after them.
  11. shiftie Augur

how is it even an argument to not multibind... welfare really? multibinding your dps/aggro spells is not welfare when 4-5 spells are dedicated to dps that leaves another 8 spell gems and like a billion aa and object clickies on the table of choosing what to cast.

if you are going to complain about dps xana at least do everything possible to max what you have.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

What? I think that might be a tank issue? Are you leaving boldnattacks on?

But Yeh dot aggro = damage done and iirc even with a hate override only the initial casting aggro has that.

They will prob have to add -hate per tick just to give anyone a chance lol. Or mass RIP.
  13. shiftie Augur

I don't always burn but when I do I keep bold attacks, aggro mask and voice of thule on while spamming aggro nukes
  14. Ravengloome Augur

No joke I actually do that, because warrior aggro is OP AF
  15. Xanathol Augur

Of course not. Depends on the fight but there's a number that HT / TL can pull aggro on, particularly if full bore from the get-go.
  16. Xanathol Augur

Wouldn't expect anything less from you.
  17. Ravengloome Augur

The key to a good burn is flipping the mob on the rogues really, those riposteses
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

...not according to them, sir. Further study is needed!

Was so much better when enrage was a thing tho :(
    Damoncord likes this.
  19. Linden Augur

From what I see in my parses, warriors are at the bottom of the tank class, could they use a dps boost? Yes, I think so. Now I have seen good warriors out dps me in groups on combined. Not very many, but it does happen. SK's and Paladins are pretty much even in the area of dps. I dont understand why anyone would complain about or argue against warriors dps being increased , now this is just my opinion and observations.
  20. Linden Augur

Lets try really hard not to get this thread locked. Because its a good topic
    Damoncord likes this.