ShadowKnight Weapon Stance Def Proficiency

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xarbokk, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Xarbokk Elder

Hey everyone. I am recently returned from several years away and noticed a new AA I have called Weapon Stance. When used with a 1h and shield it lowers my incoming dmg by 30% and says it doesn't stack with other defensive abilities. So does that mean our 35% disc would only be a 5% boost since it doesn't stack?
  2. Riou EQResource

Yes
  3. Xarbokk Elder

Dang lol. I was hoping I misread that and I would get a total of 65% reduction when I use Disc. But I guess permanent 30% with a shield equipped is still VERY nice. And doing more than double dmg when I switch to my 2h is a huge DPS boost
  4. Rhodz Augur

Well sure makes the discs a bit dated but rather have it than not.
  5. Tyonin Journeyman

The question asked and the answers given were not specific.

Knight's Sedulity 5% aa line stacks with Defensive proficiency for a total of 35% mitigation on hits (DI only)

KS+DP will stack with the Carapace/Insolent line and you will get 20% absorb from the hit after the 35% mitigation is calculated from KS+DP

KS+DP will stack with the Mantle line similarly - 35% off the hit after mitigation is calculated from the KS+DP.

DP will not stack with Unholy Guardian the higher of the two will be in place (UG= 36%) and both stack with KS resulting in KS+UG = 41% mitigation (DI only)

All the absorbs from SK abilities/discs/spells stack with DP. cascading theft of defense, skin line, mantle, carapace, repel.

I would suggest visiting some of the other threads in this forum for more specifics or run your own tests.
    Hobitses and Drusi like this.
  6. Xanathol Augur

And yet still too low.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

Obviously the % healing should be removed from MC and it should be a crit modifier (like I asked for when they nerfed it :p)
  8. Xanathol Augur

A blocker / limiter can easily be added to any ability.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

Even with that it would be more useful than,it is now
  10. ShadowMan Augur

It should remain the same and have increase hit damage by 75-100% added at max rank.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

Lol your silly.

Increase crit damage/chance + increase nuke crit dmg would be more useful than that, for obvious reasons
  12. Triconix Augur

What is an SK's auto attack dps with 2H prof now anyways? I honestly have no idea.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

Those would be very useful and nice and I have requested them in new or tweaked AA lines. However, we shouldn't have to give up MC for them.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

You are taking what I am saying sort of out of context. I am not saying you shoukd, I am saying that's what I suggested previously.

That was my rebuttal when a limit of 400 or some crap was getting tossed around
  15. Ravengloome Augur

About 15/16k I would guess
  16. Xanathol Augur

That's exactly what it is.
  17. Ravengloome Augur

Whats 1hander then (this i dont have any parses of) 12/13k?
  18. Xanathol Augur

I'm still on a cotf 1 1her but last I parsed, ~8k. FTR, my 2her is curtaincaller.
  19. Ravengloome Augur

Sounds terrrrrible
  20. Brohg Augur

CotF tier 1 Cold Steel Axe 283+9/36? 8.11
    1h to match your Curtaincaller, tier wise, would be Dracoliche's Interrogator's Pestle 319+13/34 9.76

Heck of a ratio difference