ShadowKnight Weapon Stance Def Proficiency

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xarbokk, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Xanathol Augur

True, but the sob won't drop. Even so, won't push out much more dps - knight 1her dps sucks and I'm ok with that honestly; it's the penalty for tanking, basically. The 2her dps being so low is rather sad though.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Yeh base melee sucks all the D.
  3. Linden Augur

I parsed Skinflayer of Boromas @ 200s, 1791k @8955sdps | #1 Linden 1791k@8955sdps (8955dps in 200s) [100%] seems kinda low for a 311+13/32, 9.72. very close to Dracoliche's Interrogator's Pestle, I have curtain caller and hastaduria coming in almost exactly the same.
    16.7, and 16.9 @ 300s each

4. Triconix Augur

Tank melee dps definitely could use some help. I'm kind of surprised that knight standing dps is the same as warrior's now though. That was always our advantage to make up for lack of spells.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

QQ I thought warrior 2hander deepus was like 22k?
  6. Triconix Augur

Last I checked that was with war stomp/leap running. I'm pretty sure it's around 16-18k, but I'd have to double check.
  7. Xanathol Augur

Repetition won't make it true... you had a slight edge in melee - not enough to 'make up for a lack of spells'. SK + pet & procs easily overcame said edge.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

O lawd here we go.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

You're not allowed to use that argument.
  10. Triconix Augur

Oh, I'm trying to start anything. I'm simply stating that I'm surprised that knight standing DPS is as high as it is compared to warriors, but I haven't parsed my standing dps in awhile.

What I'm most curious about is how the new DoTs will affect tank dps balance. That's something I'm really interested in. Not sure when it will be implemented for SKs, though.

I'm all for tank DPS boosts, I just don't want huge disparities. Other than that, I could care less. I'm going to just continue to try and get warrior dps boosted rather than getting other classes nerfed.
  11. Xanathol Augur

Perhaps it is the way I am reading it, but you keep saying this as if you think it is currently in balance. You do know it is actually turned on its head right now, right?
  12. Triconix Augur

All three tanks are fairly equal in terms of burn dps with warriors probably lagging a bit behind the two knights. That's fine with me, but, if SK Dots raise the bar of their output too much, I'd like to see stuff given to the other two tanks.

Then again, I'm not one to fuss too much about dps like...certain people. I laugh at people who think DPS as a tank is the end all be all. They get so childish. You're a friggin tank, live through the fight, keep others alive by absorbing the damage, and you've done your job.
  13. Xanathol Augur

Umm no... you should talk to Raven... ;)
  14. Triconix Augur

Dude...just shut up. You're what I'm referring to when I say people care too much about tank dps. One of the biggest whiners here.

And you do realize that half the current expansion is undead? Pallies are going to have a natural advantage for the time being.
  15. Xanathol Augur

The idea you think it has to do with undead shows you have no idea what you are talking about - none. But based on your post history, we already knew that.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Pretty sure SK'S beat warriors still and have since like ever Xan.
  17. Xanathol Augur

You know that's not what I was referring to.
  18. Triconix Augur

The fact that you think SKs are getting beat by warriors in burns means you have no idea how to play your class.

I'm not saying Paladins are beating SKs solely because of undead. I'm saying that it emphasizes the discrepancy even more than what is it. If a paladin is already beating an SK, it's only going to be more so because the expansion is undead heavy. But you wouldn't be able to ascertain that because you do literally no thoughtful, constructive reading.

Again, the fact that you care so much about your dps makes you a pathetic tank because your priorities are out of whack. Based on your post history, of course.

Do I know SKs should be leading DPS? Sure. Am I going to throw tantrums like you when it's not perfect? No. Deal with it. And honestly, lets throw out some parses, how much better is pally dps than SK dps that you're getting your panties stuck in your crack?

And please tell me again how multibinding is a bad thing for knights? ;)
  19. Ravengloome Augur

Xanathol for the record I have been beaten by an SK, and once by a warrior! Sorry I DPS srs.
  20. Xanathol Augur

Your comprehension skills apparently need work...

1. Where did I say warriors beat SKs in burns?
    2. You're showing a lack of knowledge if you think Pallies only top burns on undead. But that's never stopped you before...
    3. You're the one who started with "I'm curious what the DoT changes will do to tank dps" and followed that up with an ignorant "That was always our advantage to make up for lack of spells"... Every class should care about what their strengths are suppose to be - it would be stupid not to. Just because your class only has one doesn't mean other classes don't have more than one to focus on.

There are already parses on this very board; I will not enable laziness. Multibinding... seriously, are folks that incapable of pushing more than 1 key? Seems rather odd to be so proud of a crutch; do people frame their first welfare checks as well?