Server is at max capacity.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by INeedANewUserName, May 23, 2015.

1. Oberon Augur

aww we don't get to see our position and the queue number ticking down. That's half the fun!
  2. Tronk Augur

I just got in without doing anything (I was eating and just going to start the click fest).

So, yes it is working, it did help remove the clicking over and over (which just seems to irritate the issue as you sit there).

Oh yes, and I didn't patch since I didn't know I needed to. Even without the patch, it works.
  3. Bandok Augur

Just knowing that you've gotten into a line is an improvement. No more need to spam-click; you can do something else for 10-15 minutes and see if you're in or not. (I just got in line at 7:23pm Eastern, curious to see how long it takes on a Saturday night)
  4. Deadlyne Elder

This is terrible! Now the queue is no longer about skill! I can't beat everyone with my fast fingers I just have to wait in line! /ragequit
    Xanadas likes this.
  5. Kellaer Augur

I'm not upset by this, but I feel the need to cancel all six of my accounts because someone out there is mad!
  6. Absor Developer

We don't show where you are in the queue because in order to write the code this fast and not disrupt everyone playing, we couldn't add any sort of constant update to the client. What Jenn did was server side and didn't require any client change.

A
  7. sigalph760 Journeyman

So can you click okay on the pop up box and still be in queue? Or do you have to leave the pop up message box up?
  8. Deadlyne Elder

You can click ok. I did and it logged me in, took about 3 or 4 mins.
  9. sigalph760 Journeyman

Roger, thanks.
  10. Bandok Augur

Took me 15 minutes (clicked at 7:23, got in at 7:38 Eastern)
  11. Jaby New Member

Kinda off-topic, but *I* got in in Beta 4, too. It makes me laugh a little now. That was the Beta phase where they let in all of us who had one of them there new-fangled "cable modems."
  12. MisterSherman New Member

Queue system worked for me...Op Success!!
    Mardy likes this.
  13. Tronk Augur

My wife is still waiting, it's been 20 minutes. (She patched and got the pop up box).

Edit - she got in now. Took 22 minutes, which when not clicking is quite acceptable. Earlier she clicked 300 times, was rejected every time so she logged on to Vulak for a bit.
  14. GlassySky New Member

Still waiting in queue also but it is nice they got one working so quick. I would like to mention that players are attempting to find clever ways to circumvent the afk kicks. Earlier today I saw several afk players swimming circles in the water filled areas of Qeynos. ;)
  15. Lemuelbaruch Elder

Thanks Roshen for the update, I very much appreciate all that DBG has done. Not everyone may appreciate everything you guys are doung but just remember that those who post are the minority and most ppl im sure appreciate all the hard work :)
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Give Jenn a Bonus.
    Barton likes this.
  17. Machen New Member

Would it be possible to add a feature where if someone is linkdead or crashes, and they try to log in while the character is still in the world, you jump to the front of the queue or skip it altogether?

I am playing the healer for my group, and was also main looter yesterday. Hit a bug with the advanced loot system that crashed me (client froze the instant I hit "leave on corpse" on an item that had probably already poofed--it had been sitting in the window for a long while without me realizing it.) When I hit the login server the whole group ground to a halt as I couldn't get back in for about an hour, and they were without heals. This was before the queue was created but the same issue would still apply with the queue.
    PathToEternity, Kaenneth and Xanadas like this.
  18. SpeakaSpanish New Member

I, like many others, actually feel like the TLP servers are the biggest incentive to pay for all-access. But I've been waiting for nearly an hour now to actually get in and to progress my only toon past level 2.

I agree with a few of the other posters. Due to the immense success of these TLPs, why wouldn't the devs clone an optimally working snapshot of Ragefire into a second server, especially if they're allowing multi-boxers?
  19. UnnamedPlayer Elder

Queue took approx 36 minutes. Got into character select at the time of this post.
  20. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Yeah this is my main problem too. I like the queue and I was more that glad to wait in the queue when logging it after work or after waking up, but when I'm in the middle of a group and I am the primary healer and/or slower, and something crashes me to desktop, it's a real kick in the pants to the rest of my group who has to wait for me to process through the queue again (35 minute wait as I type this).

I know this was written overnight, not trying to bash anything here - kudos to Jenn for putting this together. But, if the code is going to be polished at all, this is an area which could use some attention.