Server is at max capacity.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by INeedANewUserName, May 23, 2015.

1. Nuanil Elder

Actually there has been a tremendous amount of improvement. Personally went from getting once every 9 hours, to today I have logged in to play at least a dozen times, and never took me more than 2 minutes of retrying today. Given the expected natural attrition over the course of the next couple weeks that frankly would happen anyway, even if they had 2 servers, and we're set for an experience that is very similar to nearly every other of the newer MMO's like RIFT and SWTOR that have queues to log in. The EQ1 generation was though to be the last members of the generation before the instant gratification bunch, but lately we've proven otherwise.
  2. Draden Elder

Let's look at it from a customers perspective. I couldn't log in before, I can't log in now, nothing has changed. It's pretty simple really.
    INeedANewUserName likes this.
  3. INeedANewUserName New Member

Thats my point!
  4. Dredlox Elder

Hi, let me in! :)
  5. Tric New Member

Hey Roshen, can you at least give us any information as of to why another server will not be made? If there are legit reasons that is fine, but to us it looks like the simple and by far the best fix. Thanks.
  6. Nuanil Elder

Logged in with in 90 seconds, and 8 retries. The queue, combined with the afk kicking will smooth things out tremendously until the poopsockers are level 50, the slackers stop calling in sick to play, and the long weekend is over. Then natural attrition will take over, that would have taken over anyway.
  7. Aghinem Augur

I haven't been able to login at all; but there are other things to do. It'll happen when its meant to.

I'm thinking if it is classic EQ; which means there are about 80 zones - and 2000 is the server capacity, they are probably trying to keep population to about 20-30 people per zone to prevent lag & other issues; and if the majority of the population is going to be under level 20 - the average player count per zone ( in the lower zones ) is obviously going to be much higher.
  8. Deadlyne Elder

I personally find it rather odd if you haven't been able to log in. As I stated elsewhere, I have logged in and out many many times already. I ran my own test to see what it would take and I have now logged into and out of the game world 3 times in the last 10 minutes. I don't think it's as hard to get into the game world as people are making it out to be.
  9. Draden Elder

I am glad you play at a time when it's light server load. Your above example has no bearing on anything we are discussing, but thanks for the information!
  10. Nuanil Elder

It's been that way since 9PDT last night up until 2 minutes ago.
  11. Nolrog Augur

If you haven't seen any improvements, then you haven't been paying attention.

They have instanced the newbie zones to allow a larger amount of people to play in them and spread them out into different instanced zones, which contributed to a population cap being double Vulak and Fippy combined.

They have implemented code to auto-boot people who are AFK for long periods of time, which allowed people who want to play to be able to get into the server much easier.

They are also already testing code to allow a queue on the server so you don't have to keep spamming the Play Everquest button to get in.
    Mardy likes this.
  12. sihpa Augur

How much do you get paid for whiteknighting this company all day every day? As soon as I see a post by him I automatically know the contents - it wasnt SOE's fault, you're obviously dumb because soe never messes up, pay for less and like it blah blah blah nonsense.

Come up for air now and then.. actually nvm just remembered theres a forum ignore
  13. UnnamedPlayer Elder

14. Absor Developer

Yes, assuming 2am with no sleep is the next day and not the same day. Jenn is a complete crazy person.

A
    JChan, Numiko, Tamier and 1 other person like this.
  15. Kellaer Augur

Jchan is the best.
  16. Windstalker Executive Producer

Jchan is a machine. She's amazing.
    Barton, Numiko, Kellaer and 1 other person like this.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Any chance if there will be a second server the way this one seems to be going?
  18. silverlupine New Member

so for whatever it matters - I just logged in. Tried and got the server full capacity, went and grabbed some water, came back in about 1 minute and I was logged in. So I don't know if they started the queue or what, but it took me about 1 minute to log in and I only hit the log in one time. Hopefully this is a good sign and we can move on to the next item we will be complaining about
  19. Absor Developer

I believe the queuueueueu is running, but to see the messaging you will need to patch.

A
    Soltara and Tamier like this.
  20. Ltldogg Augur

Comment on a second server pls. Also, why not tell us our place in line? The lack of transparency with SOE/DBG is disappointing.