Server is at max capacity.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by INeedANewUserName, May 23, 2015.

1. INeedANewUserName New Member

I have been an on / off customer of EQ since phase 4 beta and I don't remember ever posting a complaint. I put up with all the problems over the last 15 years and never publicly voiced my opinion. I know there is a lot to launching a new server and there will be problems. With that said, I am still very disappointed. I keep hearing people say this was a cash grab and run and i guess im starting to lean that direction myself. If it wasn't there would be some kind of improvements being made. There is no Que line so if you want in you have to keep spamming the login? I dont want to be one of those people that say cancelled! I ragequit, or whatever but i guess im heading that direction, since i dont see any improvements.
    Tudadar likes this.
  2. Porygon Augur

They are testing a queue system now. You should read some posts!
    Tamier, UnnamedPlayer and Deadlyne like this.
  3. zekreject Journeyman

a queue? how about fixing the problem, not tinkering around the edges.
    Tronk likes this.
  4. INeedANewUserName New Member

Thanks for that Zekreject. I agree. Maybe if you and I were not idiots and read some posts. They are testing a que system, its going to go in in 5 minutes and work flawlessly.
  5. Tric New Member

Yeah, and the queue system will just put people in line to join the server that is already at max capacity. Yet another band-aid on the broken leg.
  6. Draden Elder

At least that way you know for sure it will take an hour.
  7. INeedANewUserName New Member

Roshen said yesterday there is no plans to put in a que:

Read some posts.

Quote from Roshen:

Building a queue system for EQ isn't a small project.

I agree it's not a great feeling when one person tries to log in for an hour, and his friend gets in after only trying to 5 minutes.

That being said, at this time there's no plan to add a queue system to EverQuest.
  8. Deadlyne Elder

I don't think his point was that it was a flawless system. It was in response to you stating twice that there have been no improvements. It's been 3 days and this is the 3rd system they are instituting to fix it. Each fix has alleviated some of the crowding issues I'm sure. To say there haven't been any improvements made it just an utter exaggeration.

Anyways I find it hard to believe someone who makes a new account named pissed off is going to look at anything rationally, so I don't know why I'm even responding.
  9. INeedANewUserName New Member

My flawless comment was a smarta$$ reply to the rude comment telling me to read posts. Ive read posts. Roshen said there is no que in the works. Its the only post i saw about ques
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

The team changed their mind. They came in early today, and they've been working on building a queue system for EQ.

This is a new project for them so there's no specific ETA. But it's one of their goals today.

EDIT: Also PM me if you want a new user name. Your previous one isn't appropriate for these forums.
    Barton, Lolani_FV, Zujilli and 5 others like this.
  11. UnnamedPlayer Elder

They are working on the queue system, but there aren't many forum posts about it since it's the weekend.
    Source: https://twitter.com/TheWindstalker

Edit: I posted this at nearly the same time as Roshen.
  12. Draden Elder

But really though the population was full immediately after release, it is now still the same. Where is the improvement? Still the same issue
  13. Greymere Augur

If I can get into the game 7 times not in under 30 minutes by simply being persistent and clicking to play, I am either the luckiest sob or people are spending more time on the forums than actually trying to log in which means the number of people actually trying to login at once is probably not as bad as some players on the forums would like you to believe, coincidently the same players that scream make a second server. A queue answers the question for them, if capacity is just over 4000 and you have more people in queue than could ever possibly login to the game in a reasonable amount of time, they know then yes they need a second server.

Every new launch game and server gets long waits and queues to login during release its standard. Most game companies that spinoff new servers to meet that initial demand irresponsibly have to merge populations later which is not ideal since it often results in even more cancellations.

Edit Update: Make that logged in 8 times since this post less than 15 clicks to play, and 5 minutes after this post people need to relax and just keep trying till they get a queue in
    Deadlyne likes this.
  14. INeedANewUserName New Member

Yes sir. Thanks for your reply. I just want to play Mr. Roshen, I love your product and just wanted to voice my opinion of angst.
  15. Paragons New Member

Google is your friend? Remember the days of asking people questions is dead...
    Rip world; there is no where to go other then down from here.
  16. Deadlyne Elder

I'd have to say the improvement is that there are more people playing. Is everyone that wants to, getting in and playing? Most likely no right now. Did they increase the server load? Yes = more people able to be in the world playing at once. Do AFK people now get auto kicked after a little while? Yes = more people able to join the spot where they were unwilling to log off.

Just because an issue exists doesn't mean there is no improvement. Crime exists, because the police are not able to completely get rid of all crime does that mean there can be no improvement?
    Aghinem likes this.
  17. Tachya Elder

The queue system is a good thing and kudos to the devs doing this on Saturday. Of course the ideal would be to not need a queue, but if there is a modest wait time at peak times, a queue is much, much better than no queue.

Now let's just hope that doesn't mean we'll be sitting in a queue for ten hours because that wouldn't be much better, but if the wait time is somewhat reasonable... then it's an acceptable solution to tie us over until the number of active players comes down.
  18. Ltldogg Augur

Yes, the queue system is a good thing. It allows one to login in without having to mash a button over and over. Now, if the login time is still very long and consistently, please consider opening a new server.
  19. Numiko Augur

Today as in today? like on May 23rd?
    JChan likes this.
  20. zekreject Journeyman

just to clarify.
    getting lucky and clicking in in 5 mins v waiting in a queue for 1 hour:

A queue is a bandaid. The problem is a lack of capacity. Setting up a queue isn't the solution (unless this is the USSR in the 1980s).

I bought my shiny new toy and want to play with it.