Server Downtime: Weds, July 1 @ 6:00 AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Motherlee Augur

Happy Canada Day!
  2. Brudal Augur

It does affect abilities like Augmented Frenzy since it is an "add proc" ability, although I haven't been able to test if it adds extra damage after the change to Blood Pact or its recourse.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Right. Mint seemed to be asking if it worked on regular nuke aa, not proc nuke aa. (It doesn't)
  4. Mintalie Augur

I was, and the answer sadly seems to be a resounding no.

While we're on the subject, if I put two proc augs in my primary, will I get more overall procs? Or will there be the same number of procs but shared between them? In fact, let's just factor in a primary with a proc plus two proc augs, for three procs total. Will you get more procs with more individual proc effects/focii?
  5. brutal New Member

Ragefire and Lockjaw comming up any time soon?
  6. Geroblue Augur

Last time I saw any information on this, it was mostly US players.
  7. Girlfriend Lorekeeper

Magician - Corrected a bug that caused rank 6 of Extended Fire Core to extend the duration of all spells by 36 seconds rather than extending the duration of just the "Fire Core" AA spells.

Well, that's a 'bummer'. I'd put the 2 pulse augs from the group vendors in my primary and the pulses lasted (more than) two ticks so I was getting 2 to 3k damage per proc. Given, yeah, it was DoT damage which a lot of Mages get crazy about b/c of enchanters etc., but I liked the damage and am mainly with just my own merc and/or alt most of the time, anyway.

I stupidly mentioned it one day in general chat. I'm not saying that's why they looked for it, but the Necro axiom of "keep your mouth shut" applied here, and I Mage'd it up.

sigh

Yeah I know it was a bug. So what. When the first "campaign" doesn't come or is amazingly bad and trivial ... etc.

Yeah, yeah... I also know they are "working on it" (tm)

grumble
  8. Girlfriend Lorekeeper

By the way,you didn't have to have Fire Core active to get the effect.
  9. Sancus Augur

I actually spent the last two days testing this (if you're curious, I can PM you the results I get, once I get them). The patch cut short my parse without two augs, so I have to run that tonight. But the data I do have:

Here are the procs I have:
    Sympathetic Burst of Ice X (Base1=100)
    Sympathetic Force of Magic IX (Base1=100)
    Sympathetic Strike of Flames XIII (Base1=100)

I also had this spell proc on, which I've confirmed CAN proc on the same spell as an item proc (item procs and spell procs can also proc on each "part" of a twincast):
    Ancient Hedgewizard Brew (Base1=100)

Here are my casts (BTW, of many can proc procs on a combat dummy):
    Sancus - 10990
    --- Coronal Rain Rk. II - 2029
    --- Rain of Cutlasses Rk. II - 2029
    --- Remorseless Servant Rk. II - 2214
    --- Spear of Molten Shieldstone Rk. II - 2027
    --- Storm of Many Rk. II - 2691

I had 414 Twincasts and 59 fizzles. There were some resists, though I'm not entirely sure how resists impact procs.

Here were the proc numbers and chances:
    (Bone Shards of Frozen Marrow): Sympathetic Burst of Ice X: 2846 procs; 25.09% proc rate
    (Ancient Diamond Spellcharm): Sympathetic Force of Magic IX: 2725 procs; 24.02% proc rate
    (Staff of the First Light): Sympathetic Strike of Flames XIII: 2743 procs; 24.18% proc rate

Ancient Hedgewizard's Brew: 4266 procs, 37.60% proc rate.

So now I have to remove procs and see what happens. FWIW, Beimeith did post a formula here. Assuming there are no extra variables, it would put the proc rate on each of the procs somewhere around 22% regardless of the # of procs, which appears fairly close.
    Sheex likes this.
  10. jonmon New Member

I keep getting an error message to run the update patch; is anyone else having this issue and if so how did you get it to run.
  11. sheldonB New Member

8:55 est I keep getting a server down or server locked when trying to access vox..Whats happening
  12. Mintalie Augur

Sancus, you are the f@(k!ing man and my mage parse hero god guru! Do I understand correctly, then, that the more items you have that proc, the more overall procs you'll get? In other words, they do "stack"? I've been considering replacing the second aug in my primary with another proc aug but I've been afraid it would somehow lessen the number of procs from my primary and other primary proc aug.

In plain English, is it correct that more proccing items equals more overall procs?*

From Beimeth's post, it appears the answer is yes:
    And since you're so knowledgeable, do focii affect procs? How about bard songs? Can procs proc an MR strike? Can procs proc a Hedgewizard cast? Which proc augs are currently best?! Why aren't there any current fire proc augs (besides the dot one, which is a big no-no)?!?!?!

*edited to reflect Beimeith's info
  13. sojero One hit wonder

Procs cannot utilize bard songs, hedgewizard potions or mana reciprocation, all have a min 10 mana cost requirement to proc from originating spell, and aug procs don't have a mana cost to them therefore cannot trigger each of those.
  14. Crystilla Augur

I know this was tested a year or two ago (the procs) having multiple of them in a weapon or on you (aka clerics having helping hand aug, sympathetic alleviating burst weapon proc + shawl proc) all 3 returning mana.

The more procs you have the more procs you'll see. But keep in mind if they are differing levels of mana return, there is a priority order so your total mana amount is affected by that. (That's separate from the # of procs you see so just wanted to mention that as the dps you get from the procs you're talking about here will have an adjustment made by which you keep in since there is priority on weapon, aug and worn).

I can't remember all the details but looks like Sancus will be repeating the test specifically for mages.
  15. Sancus Augur

Yes, that's correct. Pretty much everything I've read confirms it, but I wanted to have real numbers before posting anything. Ran the same parse with a Weapon proc + only 1 aug proc.

Here are the procs I have:
    Sympathetic Burst of Ice X (Base1=100)
    Sympathetic Strike of Flames XIII (Base1=100)

Ancient Hedgewizard Brew (Base1=100)

Here are my casts:
    Combat Dummy Heda on 7/2/2015

Sancus - 9289
    --- Coronal Rain Rk. II - 1698
    --- Rain of Cutlasses Rk. II - 1698
    --- Remorseless Servant Rk. II - 1878
    --- Spear of Molten Shieldstone Rk. II - 1698
    --- Storm of Many Rk. II - 2317

Produced by GamParse v1.5.0.2

I had 359 Twincasts and 53 fizzles. There were again some resists, though (as I said before) I'm not entirely sure how resists impact procs (especially because each individual line of rain can be resisted, but only the initial cast has a chance to proc something).

Here were the proc numbers and chances:
    (Bone Shards of Frozen Marrow): Sympathetic Burst of Ice X: 2769 procs; 28.86% proc rate
    (Staff of the First Light): Sympathetic Strike of Flames XIII: 2949 procs; 30.73% proc rate

Ancient Hedgewizard's Brew: 3551 procs, 37.01% proc rate.

So it appears that the proc rate % for each individual proc increases slightly when you remove one, but you're still looking at a 59.59% chance to proc something as opposed to a 73.28% chance to proc with Weapon Proc + 2 Aug Procs. All that said, while these are ~10 hour parses, they aren't 20 hour parses (that's basically my disclaimer).

Sojero already answered, but no, foci don't affect procs (including Fire Core and Elemental Union, which I just tested), and procs can't proc MR or Hedgewizard. The best proc augs for pure damage are Boneshard of Frozen Marrow and Ancient Diamond Spellcharm (there's another aug equal to the latter, but I don't recall the name). Also, I don't have the shawl aug, but I'm told it's an excellent aug for a variety of reasons. It's possible the shawl aug changes the analysis somewhat (it's also possible having varying effects, such as one straight DD aug and one mana return aug may also change the analysis), but I can't really say without having it and/or testing it.

Assuming the numbers I got are correct (and you're using the same augs as me), if you have a 100% crit rate, 997 worn spell damage, and a 150% crit damage mod, you're looking at a 59.59% proc rate with Weapon + 1 Aug, with the average proc damage being 7924. With two augs, you have a 73.28% proc rate with the average proc damage being 7274. The average damage per spell would be 4722 with Weapon + 1 Aug, and 5330 with Weapon + 2 Augs.

Edit:
    FWIW, since you noted that you were considering swapping out a second aug:
    If you're running under the scenario I mentioned above (100% crit rate, 150% crit dmg, etc, which is under Mana Charge, if you're curious where I'm getting the numbers), 7 Spell Damage is going to average out at around 187 damage per cast, as opposed to 608 damage from the third proc aug. Again, that being said, Shawl may (really will) impact that conclusion.
    Mintalie likes this.
  16. Mintalie Augur

Fabulous info. I do have the shawl aug and based on very rough parsing data, it procs about 14% of the time. The Alla info says it adds 600 damage to spells. I would presume it adds in the same way that Spell Damage is added, but would love some clarity on this.

You mention 100% crit rate often. Do procs only proc off critted spells? Or is that just your preferred parsing method?
  17. Mintalie Augur

P.S. How do you do all those parses without breaking your wrist? Do you know a trick that I don't?
  18. sojero One hit wonder

Crit rate has no baring on if a proc will trigger or not.

As to how to parse with 4-5 spells, set up a multibind go to the dummy and hit an auto key for that bind. I have mine set to Q so that when I want to parse a couple spells to test dps over a long period of time, I hit an auto key on my gaming keyboard so that it auto does Q multiple times a second. you can do this for multiple keys as well if you have a programmable keyboard.

Just always be at the keyboard :) Not sure how much they are about people auto keying in the guild hall on a dummy or not.
  19. Mintalie Augur

That's what I'm already doing. :D
  20. sojero One hit wonder

Sorry was stating for those that might not have :) just need to use a programmable or auto keyboard set it on your multi bind key and come back in a few hours to parse your log file :)