September 2017 Producer's Letter: It's Expansion Season

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mooncast, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mooncast Producer

Greetings Norrathians,

It’s that time of year and it’ll come as no surprise that we’re ready to talk expansion! Even in the midst of launching Agnarr, managing our existing progression and live server updates, working on new features such as the in-game event calendar, making overall improvements to the UI, and improvements to game stability and performance, the team has also been furiously working away on this year’s expansion!

We’re still heads down in development, but we are excited to announce our 24th expansion, EverQuest: Ring of Scale! We return to Kunark to finish what started in last year’s EverQuest: Empires of Kunark as the Combine faces their final challenge. You’ll revisit some familiar places and then explore new areas like Gorowyn. You’ll face new monsters, acquire new gear, spells, and AAs, and more!

Here’s a sneak peek of someone you’ll probably recognize.

[IMG]

If you’re hankering for more details, then be on the lookout for more announcements in October! We’ll be sharing expansion details, and in mid-October you’ll be able to pre-order and come play with us in beta. EverQuest: Ring of Scale is going to be one exciting adventure and this expansion is currently scheduled for launch this December.

Let’s not forget about our progression servers! Agnarr will unlock The Scars of Velious on November 8th! Later this year in December, Phinigel will unlock Dragons of Norrath and Ragefire and Lockjaw will vote to unlock Gates of Discord too.

While we’re all excitedly waiting for EverQuest: Ring of Scale, there are a host of promotions for us to enjoy while we count down the days!
    There is so much coming up and the team can’t wait to share what they’ve been working on, so be sure to keep checking back for even more expansion news and announcements! It continues to be an amazing journey for EverQuest and it’s all thanks to you, our players!

See you in Norrath!
    Stones, Janakin, Ishtass and 4 others like this.
  2. snailish Augur

Very pleased to hear EoK is being followed-up with another Kunark-based expansion. This creates great flow and future replayability in my mind.

I hope Velious isn't next (or the next 2 expacs) --would be great to see GoD/Omens or Luclin get this kind of treatment.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I'd actually love to see a full Velious based expansion or two. Then Luclin and then PoP. In my opinion GoD & OoW were the 2 worst expansions ever released and the cause of a mass exodus of players. They should be forgotten and ignored.
    Stones, Emarra, Reht and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tutankamen Augur

Totally disagree with that one. OoW brought us Epic 2.0, how is that one of the worst expansions? We haven't gotten an epic since. Even GoD wasn't bad at all- though overpowered at the time, lots of good weapons in that xpac, and some cool enemies, very cool events- like Tacvi...
  5. Lilura Augur

I can't tell you how happy I am at no mention of a level cap increase.
  6. Ishtass Augur

ditto, except the opposite
  7. nantalbus Elder

For them to go this long with out one is nuts. there needs to be a large power increase.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Ishtass like this.
  8. Ishtass Augur

I like how in the picture the assumed Chardok King / Venril Sathir? is piling up his cash like Scrooge McDuck but then in the front there's a few tidy stacks. Dude just gave up.
    KermitMadMan and Brumans like this.
  9. Brohg Augur

I'd be happy to return to Velious -- eventually. Depending on the events of Ring of Scale, the story could extend naturally there, or head to Luclin to catch up on Combine politics there. It's somewhat an open question what state Lcea left Katta Castellum in, and who now controls the Combine Rebellion in Sancus Seru. Not to mention the unexplored Tower of Shadow, the (last encountered in the Heart of Fear) goddess Luclin's home, which could well get Al`Kabor back interested in us adventurers, what with her predilection for interfering with teleports
    Stones, snailish and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. kizant Augur

Velious is the best and should consist of the following 3 expansions.
    snailish likes this.
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Epic 2.0 was great at the time and still is for some classes but overall GoD was terrible. OoW had some good zones but the flaws of GoD made OoW harder for everyone still left playing.
    Emarra likes this.
  12. Tunks Journeyman

PoP. PoP is what we need.
    Rorce likes this.
  13. Izizizy New Member

I think at the moment I'd prefer a working server with no lag than a new expansion. Can't see many AB users forking our for the new expansion when the lad issues are preventing guilds from raiding!
    Cazmac, Imrahil, Gaol and 1 other person like this.
  14. Gaol Journeyman

I'm not surprised the disgraceful state of AB hasn't been mentioned here, but do you really expect the community on that server to buy this expansion without any assurances the server will be stable and playable?
    Cazmac, Fehu and Imrahil like this.
  15. Theo Journeyman

Whats the point in a level increase these days? All classes simply get a fixed increase on the same spells/abilities/songs they got in the previous 5 levels. The only people I can see wanting a level increase are those who want to be able to farm higher level content easier.

People power through levels/AAs in a few weeks after release. Why spend 6+ months developing something that only provides a few weeks play-ability. I'd rather the time and effort go into more content. I have been running through missions and achievements, playing catch-up over my past 6 years absence and i still have 3 expansions to finish and thats just 1 character, I have another 8 that could do the same, keeping me entertained for years.

I have been grouping with friends focusing on EoK progression exclusively with them. We only have 2 HAs left to finish EoK group progression and still have the hunter/collection achievements to finish.
    EoKs release has been very well balanced. Guildies who play almost every day are starting to run out of things to do only one-two months before this announcement. That's pretty good attention holding for one expansion.
    Cazmac, feeltheburn and Thrillho like this.
  16. Mossaa Augur

Only have two HA left i EOK . I did finish all EOK before new year. Done old content hunter and working on maxing my third toon to 350 in all tradeskills and I slack. I would say. We need more content

Mossaa
    KermitMadMan, Fehu and Yinla like this.
  17. snailish Augur

My original comment should have included: I'd really like to see Velious get this kind of treatment too, just not next.

GoD/OoW had their faults and timing issues originally. Most of this is not the way people replaying it on progression experience it now --GoD is at least okay, and OoW has a great following and is a top expac for many players. In both of them, Lore-wise, and design-wise (some great NPC models) there is a lot that could be worked with... the entire continent of Taeloesia (spelling) could be conquered and revamped (and renamed even...). All sorts of infill new zones could be made.
  18. -wycca Augur

No mention of a TLP special like you had last year. Can you buy the bag/TLP package (yet) again, and will it be discounted?
  19. Thrillho Augur

Well hello, VS! Long time no see.
    I hope this expansion finishes off the Atrebe lore. The last raid was... disappointing.
  20. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Statement says new spells and AAs. I expect that means new levels also. So level cap of 110 is coming.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.