September 2017 Producer's Letter: It's Expansion Season

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mooncast, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gialana Augur

That's how it was last year, too. You pay the difference between the sale price of whichever version you currently own and upgrade. It would be nice if we could pay the difference between what we've already put in and the sale price of the upgrade. But I'm not too disappointed since I did get to enjoy EoK since launch.
  2. YellowBelly Augur

Kind of like how if you buy the standard edition you don't get the mount or illusion key ring. That would be an extra $30.00 from the marketplace added to $17.50. No deal at all. Last year they added the mount ring with the purchase when they went on sale for 50% off. They are getting stingy af.
    Cazmac likes this.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Agree with this.
    Though from my point of view, since there was no level-increase with EoK it would make more sense to me if there weren't one for EoK part2 either.
    The way the T3 raid-achievement is set up (Seal of Charasis), it would make sense to me if that one were "opening" up the EoK part2 raids.
    And then next year, with Velious2part1 do it - new "scenery", new level.

This doesn't make much sense to me.
    Basically, whether it be through new levels or new abilities, newer expansions ALWAYS trivialize(d) older ones.
    Ishtass likes this.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

dont you mean EOK 3 would be next after EOK2
  5. Sigourney Journeyman

I'm so excited..so..very......excit.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Cazmac likes this.
  6. Ryuda Journeyman

Sounds like the original Kunark expansion can get a revamp into 4-5 state of the art expansions. I was surprised as I counted the zones in the old expansions and compared the prices of these to the new expansions with a fraction of zones and quests...
  7. Orbital101 Augur

There a huge difference between 5 lvl increase VS a few AAs and a new set of gear.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Only by the looks of it, not in it's effect.
    Unless you are referring to minor things like mezing formerly too high-level mobs and such,
    which for me as WAR is totally irrelevant.

A new expansion, whether with new levels or not, means we get new abilities and "tricks" and most certainly gear too.
    The mobs stay mostly the same (barring some belated "fix" ).
    Even a reduced agro/assist-radius from higher levels is a non-issue if "suddenly" you just can tank a bunch of mobs.

Yes, levels matter.
    And yes, as a rule of thumb (there are exceptions imo) levels are > AAs.
    But the level's relevance is overrated imo.
    A power-increase is a power-increase.
    And while i hav emissed many an expansion, i have yet to see one where older content was NOT trivialized.
    The only thing that has changed over time during my absence was the number of "old expansions" that were NOT totally trivialized;
    that went from about 4 (PoP,LoY,LDoN,GoD/OoW) down to 1 - EoK trivialized TBM in just about everything.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It may have trivialised it but you can still get exp from it. Levels decrease the number of zones you can exp in, AAs don't.
  10. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

This is mostly true, right now today at 105, I get aa exp in EoK, TBM, and TDS. Granted TDS T3/4 whatever Combine dredge/Arx is are the only place I go in that xpac.

If we go to lvl 110, I can still go to the same zones since those mobs are still gonna be dark blue for the most part. Places like FM will be moot as most are dark blue at 105.

What will really screw things up is progression thru EoK/TBM/TDS will become much easier and to include the raids unless they scale which I would be cool with. The open world tasks will be such a breeze. Id rather say 105 and gain aa untill Daybreak releases a new content xpac (Velious: The rise of Giants)
  11. Ahliea New Member

As I recall, there is a race with Gorowyn as their home city. Might that "playable Sarnak race" be coming along in an expansion or additional content after the city itself?
  12. segap Augur

Except the AA rate is vastly different as well. EoK had over 10k AA to earn. The rate at which you earn AA in EoK zones also scaled to that requirement. Try going to a TDS zone to earn AA and compare that experience to an EoK zone. TBM is a lower rate as well.

Regardless of level increase or not, older expansions become trivialized for both loot and exp. Arguing against a level increase based on losing level appropriate content is a farce.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Paladin Augur

I now know six unrenewd accounts (guildies) due the horrid nerf (perhaps take away what we have earned to force us to earn it back again due to lack of new levels?) that was the last patch. If no new levels, I know many more that may follow. If there are, in fact, no new levels in the expansion, it does not bode well.
  14. Khat_Nip Meow

No one likes nerfs. Just adapt. All the classes have experienced them over the ~18 years.
    Conspiracy theories, always a winner. /smh
    Oh those poor dears. How could they possibly go on?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

At this point the only zones you are going to lose for xp'ing in are ones that most 105s don't go to anymore. Think about it; 90 was the cap with HoT (12 static zones), 95 was the cap with VoA (12 static zones), 100 was the cap with RoF (14 static zones) & CotF (8 static zones), and now 105 has been the cap with TDS (8 static zones), TBM (5 static zones), & EoK (7 static zones). 12+12+14+8+8+5+7= 66. And this is before we add any zones added with RoS; a few of the lower end zones of HoT might start greening or possibly greying out, but not enough to matter. Currently at 105, light blues go until 90, and greens go until 85; so it would be 95 for LB and 90 for Green at 110. Thus we would only be losing part of the HoT zones, which will likely be made up or surpassed by however many static zones we get with RoS; so at worst we'd just not increase the number of XP zones we have.

A level cap increase would likely give some people access to more zones than they currently have, seeing as it would greatly increase their power and ability to kill in zones they currently cannot without people outside their normal group of friends. So it would remove some 7 year old zones from the XP rotation for all players, while opening up some of the currently existing zones to some of those players.
  16. Cazmac Augur

All that sounds crucifyingly boring!
    Xeladom and kizant like this.
  17. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Rumors are building that there will be a level increase, as I predicted and was ridiculed about , earlier in this thread .
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

"Rumors are like ripples in a cornfield. They are ephemeral, but they do indicate which way the wind is blowing"
    Susan J. Palmer
    Cazmac and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  19. Ishtass Augur

While I would be happy to be proven wrong, I still think you're wrong :)

And either way, the basis for your argument makes no sense based on what's happened in the past. It would be pure coincidence.
  20. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yep.
    We take one isolated "indicator", draw a nice line/conclusion while we omit/ignore or actively deny any indicators that might.. well.. indicate otherwise.
    And suddenly you have "proof" that fat is bad for people while sugar is good.
    As was said, whether you are "right" or not we'll see soon enough.
    Frankly i don't care either way.
    But the basis for your post is mostly you, isn't it?
    I mean "rumors" will become "truth" if only repeated long and often enough as we learned in the latest US presidential election (and ever since), right?
    Cazmac likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.