Sense Heading?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leex, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Abazzagorath Augur

Usually, expansions aren't officially announced until like August aren't they?

Look, as far as we know EQ1 only lost senior staff in non-development areas (management, community, etc), right? So that is a pretty clear indication that the plug isn't being pulled right away. EQ2 seemed to be hit worse than we did.
    Lisandra, Elricvonclief and Benzarden like this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

These aren't usual times :)
  3. Iila Augur

Test spell file has 3 new ranks of all group focuses, raid focuses, and armor clickie effects (No BP clicks).

And AEs that would match up with a clockwork dragon raid encounter.

[48087] Tail Sweep
    Target: Directional AE (100 to 260 Degrees)
    AE Range: 130'
    Resist: Lowest -850, Min Resist Chance: 10%, Max Resist Chance: 20%
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 120000
    2: Increase Melee Delay by 70%
    Text: The massive metal tail strikes at you.

PS, you guys are are still leaking beta spells to test/live!
    Lisandra, Sancus, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Maybe we won't get one till January :p

While things are so uncertain staff wise, I think it is wise not to answer this question. Many of EQs expansions over the years haven't been officially announced until 3/4 months before they are released. We are only in February far to early for them to be confirming anything! But I do recall there being some AA's for the next expansion in TDS Beta.

I'm not much interested in the next update, I'm more interested in the anniversary content due next month. :) Guess I will have to wait for Prathum(?) to do this months Sense Heading for that.....I hope he is still here!

@Roshen thank you for the updates, it is much appreciated at this difficult time.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. mossypelt Journeyman

I just want to tell all the devs and staff that have been impacted by the recent changes that us players are grateful for everything that they have done for the game. It has meant so much to a lot of people both behind the screens and behind the scenes; however, this has probably been one of the most seismic shifts in the history of EQ/SOE and i think we should just have a little patience to allow the dust to settle before any official news in released.

As players we know that this isn't "business as usual", everything about the last fews weeks has been anything but business as usual; however what we can do is to show them that there is still a demand for EQ. So i'd suggest buying those items in station that you've been wanting or sub that other account (even if it's only for a month or two). Get your friends or old guildies to log in. There's things we can do to show them that this game has a fanbase and we want it to survive.

Happy hunting. :)
  6. Hoosierdaddy Lorekeeper

Roshen .. a suggestion if I may.

Delay the next expansion until you can put out a quality product that the player base will love. COTF and TDS by all accounts aren't worth what was charged. The last few expacs prior to COTF were well regarded. Your internal surveys surely tell you this.

Secondly, reverse the xp penalties that were arbitrarily put into the game to force players to buy the latest xpac. That was a transparent move to jigger the books to appeal to a prospective buyer. Now that the sale is done please return the game back the way it was. People want to play and enjoy EQ their way and forcing them into a small quantity of content is just silly.

I, for one, a long term, multiple account holder am currently sitting on the sidelines. Please pull me back with fun, stimulating content, some new spells/aas/abilities and stop penalizing me for wanting to roam in all of EQ.
    Thank you.
    Ferry-Tunare, Lisandra and Yinla like this.
  7. Goth Augur

What if they say yes? and things CHANGE... and not more expansions are launched? You need to realize at a moment the plug could be pulled. this goes for anything business related.

Until the game is run Open source and not tied to $$$ the games future will always be uncertain.
  8. Absor Developer

Well... crap. That's my bad. I forgot to mark those things beta only. Whatever you do, don't look too closely at that file. I like my secrets. :p

A
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

<3 your still here! <3
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

We are in an entirely different situation for expansion design and creation this year then we were last year. Assuming resources stay the same this year the game devs will not be completing the previous years expansion while designing a new one. This year there are no TDS zones still being designed while they work on any possible new expansion. This should, in theory, give them time to design a new expansion.

That being said I don't find TDS as bad as everyone says. There is definitely room for improvement on it. There was a lot of TDS I didn't like initially I still think it needs some fixing but its not SUPER bad.
    Lisandra and Rorce like this.
  11. Axem the Great Journeyman

Thank you for spending some time on the forums with us today Absor. I think it's easing all of our fears bit by bit every time we see a red name chime in on something. Same to Roshen and Eli for their postings as well.

/WTB More red named posts!
  12. Axem the Great Journeyman

Forgot to mention Hludwolf as well.
    Lisandra and Crystilla like this.
  13. Hoosierdaddy Lorekeeper

Well, that is great!

Now, how about going to the results of the emailed surveys which many of us took thoughtful time to fill out. There is great information from the player base there. As a matter of fact, a first step in transparancy would be to publish the summary of those surveys.

Bottom line for me is remove some of the recent decisions that have made this game less fun. XP nerfs, HA limits, linear progression, small zones (some basically useless), multiple hails ... basically make this game fun again.

Some innovative thinking on new spells, aa's, abilities, skills would also be a major step in infusing the game with some new, fun, cool stuff.

There is so much you can do! Many of us are waiting to be encouraged back to the game.

Make it so!
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Iila Augur

The EQ team's history of 'better communication' and 'more transparency' has a pretty abysmal track record. Mostly filled with "This time we PROMISE it will be different!" followed by business as usual in a month or two.

Actions speak louder than words, and we've been hearing those words since the GoD guild summit.
    Uxtalzon and Axxius like this.
  15. Lisandra Augur

You make a great point but I WANT TO BELIEVE! :p I just hope my belief isn't misguided.
    Uxtalzon, Benzarden and Iila like this.
  16. Numzan Augur

Code:
    The only thing I can say right now is you can expect MORE transparency in development on EQ going forward. Those of us here working on the game want to deliver something we're proud of. I'm not going to pretend it will be easy, but we're committed to delivering on our promises.

More info when we can talk more.

Elidroth Renato
    Doug Cronkhite
    Asst. Lead Designer - Systems
    So that means you are returning the game like it was over a year ago?
    Or is this investment firm going to rip apart every asset you got. Shouldn't have touched the game... I knew it was coming. To think all the people that bailed at the right time :)
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I know you are speaking from a position of good faith from what you know and if we do see more transparency it will be great. But after the many other similar announcements that fell through we are all on wait and see mode without expecting anything.

Regardless of whether or not this comes to occur we (well I can only be sure of me) really thank you guys for the work you do and the effort you put in. We know you get limited in what you can do an say a lot of the time and it's beyond your control. Thanks always for the effort you all put in to Everquest.
  18. Triconix Augur

Pretty unsettling how people are up in arms worried about new content when people's actual livelihoods are being affected. The fact that the gamers believe they are owed some kind of reassurance for a game they simply play for their enjoyment while the people working hard to keep it running are forced to change their lifestyles due to recent event is just disturbing, to say the least. Great way to show compassion and support. Bravo.

To all those let go recently, my prayers go out to you and your families. May you find another career that you enjoy to the fullest. I'm sure it was always a pleasure creating something that puts a smile on a person's face.
    Crystilla likes this.
  19. Uxtalzon Augur

This.

I can't even get excited anymore. I just cross my arms and lean back in my chair.
  20. Questoften32 Augur

Ironically, I actually use Sense Heading in game to find things. I almost need this skill. As in a sense I'm like zoolander who cant make a left turn, By that I mean I'm an otherwise Intelligent person that can solve complex game puzzles some of which have involved sheet music or astrology on my on, but cant figure out /loc no way no how. I simply cant use it.

As for the game, I can only hope that the eq team dose whats needed to make a profit while staying true to the game, and what eq is and has been. This game is almost more than I can put into words. What it means to some of the true fans is also almost more than words can say.