Sense Heading?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leex, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Leex Pewpewer

Hey guys, gals, bots!

I was hoping some of the devs / mods could come here and kind of give up the goods on whats going on.

Are you guys CURRENTLY planning on releasing another expansion? I think this is the biggest question on everyone's mind. I know you guys say EQ will continue, but that can be done and keep it stagnated as well, with no new content, etc.

I'd like a definitive answer, Yes or No.

Also while I have this time, I'd like to thank all the devs for the enormous amount of time they've put into this game, we do appreciate it, even if at times it doesn't seem like it.

I'm posting this here because I can't in sense heading and nothing has been updated regarding my specific question, I think the vets lounge is the perfect place for this question.

Lets try to keep everything in this thread constructive, so we actually get an answer.
  2. Maedhros High King

I wouldnt expect to hear much. If they said there would be no more expansions, how many more monthly subscriptions would get canceled, or how many kronos or things you can buy with SC be sold?
  3. Crystilla Augur

They'll need to say something once they're ready or I can't even imagine all the chargebacks, lawsuits etc. that could come (by people's new monthly or yearly or 2-year renewals come up).

However, I highly doubt they're ready to make an announcement yet. These are people we're talking about, not robots. So trying to figure out the new plans.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Why do you think they converted everything to All Access? There will be no lawsuits because they will say that you still have all the other games to play... well whatever is left to play.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I wonder if we will see a new Sense Heading this month?
  6. Benzarden Augur

Roshen has already said that the current plan is to continue moving forward with their current projects, including the next expansion. What more do you want the man to say? We are a week into the acquisition. I'm sure they are figuring things out too.
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

I've said this in other threads, and I'll say it here: The business plan for EverQuest hasn't changed.

Yes, we're in the middle of the transition to Daybreak Game Company. We have game teams for everyone of our games. Once we're ready to announce the next expansion for EverQuest we'll certainly do so... but our last expansion launch was only four months ago. Announcing a new expansion this early would be a pretty significant change to how the team has been doing things.

That's still the plan. If the plan for Sense Heading changes, I'll be sure to let people know what to expect moving forward.
  8. Slasher Augur

Except we all know if you were releasing another expansion work would of already started on it. You don't announce it and start working you start the work months ahead of time. So why the none answer ? We both know you either already started working on it or there wont be one there is no 3rd option.
  9. Barton The Mischievous

I seriously doubt the business plan from before was to lay off people so no offense, but The Plan has changed at least some what and we as players and customers like reassurances especially after It was first stated that it would be business as usual and then oh look layoffs your second reiteration of business as usual sounds less assuring after that
  10. Ruven_BB Augur

Roshen,

No one is asking for the name of the next expansion, details about it, they are asking is there going to be a next expansion. Given we don't have access to the business plan, you haven't answered the question. I would guess as strategies have been changing, doing business as usual isn't exactly expected.

My next question, what is it going to take to make you guys more ready to announce if an expansion is iffy? One thing that can be done is removal of the 101+ xp nerf, and I will purchase 3 more TDS games and up 2 subs. Further, leak that the new expansion is going to be a remake of Kunark and I would bet good money that incremental income from subs and new game sales will exceed TDS.

Thanks,
    Ruven
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Skeeter Elder

Business as usual will not be business as usual going forward. Everything that is happening right now is everything but business as usual. Business as usual is what got you into this situation in the first place. So stop saying things like that and give us some concrete answers and quit being so formal during a time in which the community is confused, worried and sad. Talk to us like we are human beings, not customers.
  12. segap Augur

And you don't think Roshen, et al are not people that are currently confused, worried and sad? Their worries and confusion carry over in to their real lives. While you worry about your ability to enjoy a game in 12 months, they're worrying about paying their bills, rent, mortgage, etc next month. Seriously people, think about your fellow humans and what they must be going through. There are more important things than a game. Answers will eventually start filtering out again, but there's likely a lot of questions still to be answered internally for people like Roshen. I honestly feel like he's doing a stand up job right now being one of the public faces during this transition and probably working off limited information as well as strict guidelines of what he is allowed to say.
    silku, Iila and Crystilla like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They generally announce the expansion and details for it much later in the year so there is no reason to expect any sort of announcement this soon in the year.
  14. Skeeter Elder

I believe that this whole situation is a special circumstance that calls for desperate measures and needs to go against the norm. They very much need to lay the plans out in front of us in major detail. It needs to happen sooner and not later. The longer you wait in these situations, your risk of losing customers grows and grows.
  15. Roshen Brand Manager

What has the business plan for EverQuest been? Keep the game running and provide content updates. Sometimes this is in the form of new updates in patches. Sometimes this is events that players are familiar with that run for a limited time. Sometimes this is in the form of expansions.

This hasn't changed. Yes, the game development team is different. But we still have a game dev team for EverQuest. Their jobs are still to development content for the game.

I know this transition is a weird time for everyone, and I mean no disrespect to anyone in the way that I phrase my responses. I'm doing the best I can to communicate as clearly as possible with the information I have.

We still have a good team here of people who are passionate about EverQuest, who know the game and our systems, and want to see the game succeed. This is a weird time for them too. Please show the team a bit of patience and understanding during this transition.
    Lisandra, Benzarden, Petts and 5 others like this.
  16. Slasher Augur

Just answer the question will there be an expansion for EQ this year. Call up whoever you need to so you get permission to answer this one simple question. That simple answer would put away most of the EQ is done rumors or confirm them.
  17. Sancus Augur

While I also want information, I think we need to cut the team some slack at the moment...
    Lisandra, Obiziana, Rhaage and 5 others like this.
  18. Crystilla Augur

Please give it a rest for a few days.

Do you really think (given last week we were told business as usual ... then this week happened) that ANY answer you so crave right now would be the correct answer and the one held accountable a week or month from now?
    Lisandra and Rhaage like this.
  19. Poppinfresh Elder

(Edited - a little harshly worded as originally written)

I'm as concerned about EQ1's future, as much as anyone else. But let's cut Roshen and the remaining staff some slack. I'd be towing the company line too if I were in his shoes. Let the dust settle.
    Lisandra and Rhaage like this.
  20. Elricvonclief Augur

Thank you for responding, Roshen.

My heart goes out to those that were laid off, and also to those still employed as everyone would be watching over their shoulder.
    Lisandra and Zujilli like this.