Selo Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Jun 19, 2020.

1. KimchiGoddess Augur

Wish stuff like this could be an open discussion with the team and not just a bunch of posts on a thread by players. :p
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

I have hope that if this thread stays active and civil we will see that day soon
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  3. Pappasalt Augur

Never give up hope!
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Actions tend to require more than a handful of people being in favour of something, I would encourage you to get the rest of your server involved in the discussion to show some strength of support for the idea, particularly guild leaders, if you can get a consensus among all of the guild leaders on Selo to post here they want this you might stand a better chance.

A handful of folks posting about it, no matter how passionately, is probably going to get ignored.
  5. Pikollo Augur

I have no faith in dev's saying anything personally. We all know its been brought up and discussed by them. Yet they won't say anything. Even if it was a simple "no sorry we cannot and will not do it".
  6. ForumBoss Augur

The leaders of the only two raid guilds posted in here in favor. I'm not sure of the explicit consensus in either, but I'm in the larger of the two and have not met anyone in game , who plays on the server , against removing true box.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I wasn't aware of that, might be worth asking Dreamweaver to take it to the devs if there really is consensus from the remaining guilds on Selo for this.

I'm going to ask him myself about removing it for Phinigel too.
  8. Auesheet Lorekeeper

Phinigel supports this movement.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Selo does seem to have people outside of the 2 remaining guilds, but I think what is genuinely important is considering the impacts to any server going forward. I believe what most of us are proposing is the general idea that truebox gets removed at point X similar to how MOTM fades away, rather than some special ruleset. Because of that, it also deserves legitimate dev attention IMO. We're talking about a fundamental change to help TLP's keep their populations up longer.

As before we asked for people to voice their objections, and I am certainly all ears, but there has not been much if anything. If the devs could do a serverwide poll on the only 2 very late TLP's (selo and phinny) I think we could take it from there and really have something objective to sink our teeth into.
    Skuz, Drampire and ForumBoss like this.
  10. Duality Augur

This is exactly why we need it. I took a break for a month for aradunequeue but the toxicity was overwhelming. It seems to just get worse and worse every new launch. Not to take away from the point of this thread, but the people breaking the rules of the 2 box server just had me losing my mind. I'm not the kind of person to download other software just to record whats going on so I can send super cool videos to a short staffed GM and never end up having fun that day anyway. I'll / all gm and see if ones on, if not (like 99/100 times, I'll move along) Yesterday morning I logged into lower yuck to LFG on my level 29 enchanta. I picked over to the lowest pick, and there was a 6 boxer at the zone in pulling there and doing the usual. A short time later he left. Two minutes after that another 6 boxer zoned in and repeated.

I ended up going back to selo and boxed some cool stuff, and never had any negative interactions with people now that the folks in the I'm better than you guilds have moved on to the next. Disabling true box really opens up options for people who may not have the play time in the prime time range. And besides that, 99% thats left on server are awesome players that have no problems dropping a toon OOG for an extra on LFG.

There are so many benefits to dropping truebox after a certain expansion (i'd prefer OoW, but i'd leave it up to their data crunchers to decide when the loss of subs is too great.) And I would bet on most of the players that are pumping the DBG bank with krono purchases, are still going to run to the new TLP's to keep that cycle flowing just fine. I don't see any negative financial kickback from dropping it, nor any real pushback from the playerbase.

As I have previously stated, I would be adding 4 subs once truebox unlocked. In good faith, I today have re-activated 2 accounts. If nothing else they can click around all day in overseer. If we get TB unlocked I will still unlock 2-4 more.
    Skuz and Dexxeaa like this.
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Even when I have suggested this from Mangler, nobody has attacked me for the idea. I'm sure we could find players on each of these servers that might go against the idea, but for the most part it seems like a lot of the Truebox crowd hop to the new Truebox server and don't stay to push the servers forward towards live.
    jeskola and Skuz like this.
  12. Coppercoz Augur

I always felt truebox value is really only where the population is at. For example, classic 1-50, it promotes grouping throughout the initial leveling. By Kunark, most people are already 50, so 51-60 would be the range where truebox can be effective (though there are some iksars leveling up). Similarly, pop 61-65, etc. This seems unnecessarily complicated to me, though.

Eventually, you do reach a minimum population where truebox is detrimental. I agree with most that with aoc's and pick zones, truebox could be dropped sooner rather than later when it hits live.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Truebox definitely serves a purpose & I agree that it becomes less & less useful & more & more onerous as time progresses on a TLP (any TLP that starts with it).

I definitely think SoD should be the latest expansion where Truebox is removed & there is a very strong case to argue for it being removed even sooner than that but having it drop at SoD would have mostly positive benefits for the players who are still on a TLP server by then.

The lower the population the server has does play a part though, Coirnav for example started off with a far smaller population than Phinigel or Mangler did so there should be something to consider about population size of TLP that impacts dropping Truebox.

TL;DR
    1. Please remove Truebox from TLP by SoD at the latest.
    2. Think about removing Truebox earlier than SoD
    3. Consider a way to remove Truebox when active playing populations go below a certain number on a server-by-server basis.
  14. Pappasalt Augur

It makes me giggle though that we are the next tlp to go live, 8 months, and no word on how that will be handled. No word on even this minor change that will most likely have to be dealt with in 8 months anyway lol.

Seems they are a bit unprepared or at the least we are kept very uninformed.

All for which I can only assume is them turning off a blocking code preventing more than one instance running.
  15. Duality Augur

I really want to know whats going to happen. While I would love to join FV as I've been toying with the idea before... I'd be all about a TLP master server, where all future TLPs merge to when they've run their course. It's obvious we won't keep all of selo rulesets anyway in February, as there's no way they would give us highly developed brand new expansions every month to keep up with our unlock schedule. Just please for the love of Tunare, let us know what the plan is! Run a poll if you want, but truebox is one thing that really makes zero sense after a certain point.
  16. ForumBoss Augur

They've mentioned it will be a normal live server, which I assume would mean removal of true box, aoc, xp and faction boost. If so, I'd xfer to fv. They haven't really confirmed all those details that I've seen. It would be great it if can at least keep aoc and remove truebox when it completes, if not sooner.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

With the way the EQ dev team has worked & does work these days I very much doubt there is any concrete plan on how they want to do it, they may not have even had any serious discussions on it yet

I'd be willing to bet that they probably won't do anything until they are around a month away from one of the TLP server hitting live IF it still has an active raiding guild remaining on it.

After all none of the TLP have made it to live with any active raiding guilds completing content in era before & the devs have always tended to act on things only when they absolutely needed to do so.

The idea of a live former TLP server where all the TLP get transferred to once they make it to live has some merit to it, and I agree that it would be nice if they removed Truebox & kept AoC on it too.
  18. Mercanyin Augur

Either way they are screwed. If they post and say no we cannot do that. There will be community outrage. If they post and say yes we can do that, and do it. There will be community outrage.
  19. Pappasalt Augur

Based upon this one forum post, talking with my own community, talking with the server community...I'm not sure where the outrage would come from from doing it? I mean I'm sure they'll be a few but I'm currently seeing it pale in comparison to those in favor.
  20. Mercanyin Augur

Ahh, I was just thinking that there would be unhappy people, no matter the decision.