Selo Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Scarredevolution New Member

My opinion is after TSS these true box servers shouldn't have true box enabled anymore since generally after OoW these servers really start going into maintenance mode.
    I personally 2 box on selo and ive been on selo since day 1 of the server I only started boxing as a way to grind by myself when there's no one on to group with since my playtime was really bad but now selo is in VoA almost RoF and I can barely box because my 200$ laptop just can barely handle the newer zones to the point it doesn't matter if im looking at the ground or the sky with view distance set to minimum it just lags out so hard that if im moving camps I gotta switch the box to the main PC just to move it across a zone. At this point I shouldn't have to spend 500$ to get a semi decent laptop just to box and not have issues. Id love to be 3 boxing on same PC, which yes you can always say "Well just go play on rizlona theres no true box there" but I want to see content on selo and playing classic - pop just to see a server die again because 3month unlocks and the likelihood of yet another classic start server coming out in the next year is just beyond me especially when the main class I like to play is a beastlord and having to wait a whole year to play one then play it for 6 months and everyone quits for the newest classic start server is just ridiculous. Being able to alt tab box on selo just means its much easier for people new to the server to start up as well because they could just load up 2 accounts and catch up easier rather than load up 2 accounts and have to buy a 2nd laptop or computer just to catch up to people on an extremely top heavy server. And I think even people on phinny would appreciate not having true box anymore either since itd be easier for people to start on that server if they wanted to.

And lets be honest what harm is gonna come from people being able to box as much as they want on selo? That instanced group mission is gonna be camped and ruining player experience right?
  2. Hythos Augur

Rules-enforcement for "boxing" is non-existent.
  3. Pikollo Augur

I think you guys forgot the one key element here. DPG don't care about your opinions. They don't care if you want truebox taken off. With all these posts about truebox have they ever even bothered to comment? Think they care enough to comment and prove me wrong? Betcha they won't.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

truebox certainly should be removed once a server reaches expansions that begin to instance group content. Certainly by House of Thule for sure, perhaps even SoD.

Once you reach those expansions you are very close to a live server, yes technically selo still has a few expansions to go, but once you get that far in, it's a different game where truebox isn't relevant anymore.
  5. Pikollo Augur

Apparently guise of the deceiver warrants a dev replying so maybe we got the wrong keywords in here. Change the name of the post to "Manastones are to common on Aradune" and someone will be reading through this real quick.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Haha no doubt, that thread got like 3 dev comments, we got Dreamweaver telling someone not to bump threads :(
  7. Pappasalt Augur

Still nothing eh?

Im still holding onto hope well hear something. Don't make me use my streamer privelege!
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

You got levers to pull?! Pull em!
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

They have responded. More than once. They said they won't change a server's rule set.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Thanks for your fresh and new insight.
  11. Pappasalt Augur

Welp that's it boys and girls pack it up. Rules can't be changed, you heard it here...no point in trying.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

You are missing the point. The poster asked that a dev come by and answer the question. I simply said they have already answered the question. I didn't say they would never change it, I didn't say that folks shouldn't ask for a change. I simply made the point that expecting a dev to come by and answer a question that they have already answered is unrealistic. Did I need to spell all of that out for you? Apparently.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Please cite your sources.
  14. Pappasalt Augur

Yup, because as a paying customer like everyone else...I'll ask it and expect an answer everyday if I want to :p. Especially being that there is zero people against the issue at hand and there has been no reason given unless you'd like to provide that as well along with your sources for the previously stated comments.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

They have changed a server's ruleset before, Mangler got a big revamp when everyone complained it was too hard and it became coirnav 2.0 with better xp, Aradune/Riz got changed also from pop locked. I can see why they dont want to change rules on a server as it would just lead to even more forum questing. They tweak the xp rates as expansions unlock which is a starting "ruleset" so it would be nice if they would tweak the truebox at a certain point also. I'm curious to know if "we just don't want to get in the habit of changing the rules after a server has launched" is the only reason. Maybe the code isn't as simple as Server.Truebox = False. Or maybe it is.
  16. Duality Augur

I just want to know for sure if anything will ever happen. If they unlocked truebox on Selo tomorrow, I would 100% add at least 4 subs that are currently offline. We're in a new game then when it released. They may just be looking at the fact that there is only a half year of content left, and why bother even if it would bump up the servers revenue.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

True, Selo is almost up to date, but Phinny, Coirnav, Miragul still have quite a ways to go and Mangler is just starting to enter the mid expacs so there is still a need for review on at least 3 other servers and more going forward, especially if they are going to release 1-2 new ones each year.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Phinigel is beyond where Selos is.

Test with Phinige and see what happens with subscription levels and go from there.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yup, and I knew this, not sure why I thought Phinny was behind Selo last night. TBS vs TDS confusion maybe.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

If they had voting to unlock on other servers, could they do an in game vote as well?

Not that it would be conclusive but even if it's some exploratory poll just to get a feel. Heck, even though I said remove truebox months ago, if the server voted like 80% to keep truebox it would be useful and we would all probably drop the idea.

As it stands now, we just havent heard from any group of players that are insistent on truebox staying put.