seeing annoying cursor "flickering"

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Xanadas, Aug 1, 2013.

1. AB_H'Sishi Augur

I could have sworn there is / was a "Show Welcome Screen" checkbox somewhere in the options; the EQClient.ini file just has a
    Code:
    [WelcomeScreen]
    DetectWelcomeFailure=0
    WelcomeTimestamp=
    section.

Anyway, I can confirm this flickering comes from the "Welcome" screen; maybe it will appear also if you open an ingame petition. Both run in a browser window (a reduced Firefox if I'm right) and it supports several script features etc. which cause a short CPU useage spike. This is detected from Windows, causing the "busy / heavily busy" mouse icon.
  2. Amnerys Augur

Today's update: Still looking at a few options on how to resolve this. There are some quick, temporary fixes, but until we have a plan for the long-term fix, we're going to hold just a little bit longer...so we don't end up with an indefinite "temporary" fix.

Thanks again for hanging in there.
  3. Bohz Journeyman

Take all the time you need.
  4. Ragbert Elder

Maybe there can be a diet option if you don't want us to disable the window or set what page is opened. Remove unnecessary features from the browser and keep the memory use real small.
  5. Meteora Elder

I haven't seen any lag playing just 1 client, even with the latest issues. But the moment i try to load a 2nd client. Everything comes to a grinding halt. And before i was able to load 4+ instantly no lag no problem. Is this part of the same issue?
  6. Angahran Augur

The 'flickering cursor' feature and the 'crash every time the client logs off' feature really need to be removed :p

Would be nice if changes like this could be tested on the beta server or the test server BEFORE being rolled out to all the live servers.
  7. Lighteningrod Augur

Really sick and tired of this.
  8. Eaglestiker Journeyman

Any word on getting this fixed I am noticing this problem this morning . I am a gold member I don't want this welcome screen popping up when I log in.