seeing annoying cursor "flickering"

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Xanadas, Aug 1, 2013.

1. EQjunkie New Member

Having this same issue and its causing lag. Anyone know if this is being looked into?
  2. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I would prefer the News Window would just disappear if its going to cause these kind of issues... Or why don't we move the news window to a different stage in the login process? prior to server select maybe? then have the client clear the cache once you chose a server so we don't have this issue.. No one reads the news window anyways its just a waste of time to maintain.
  3. Signedup New Member

Same problems as op and character is stuck while loading news window, you'll die if in bad spot.
  4. Natal Augur

Another thing: when the cursor problem happens, I have noticed that frequently the EQ client will crash when you try to log off as well.

It is definitely something that needs to be fixed in a hurry.
  5. Malbro Augur

I tried the click on one item on the new news window and it didn't help. I still crashed on logging out, but I didn't have a blinking cursor.

Dang it, can't delete
  6. Malbro Augur

This did not work for me as far as logging out is concerned, still crashed. It did fix the busy cursor though.
  7. Fenudir Augur

Add me to the list of people seeing this flicker. It's causing client lag for me too.

Additionally, I'm getting client crashes when I quit EQ. Not a big deal since I'm leaving the game for the night anyway but it's still annoying and interesting that the two issues started at the same time.
  8. Elricvonclief Augur

Any response from a developer would be much appreciated.
    KC13 and Kelefane like this.
  9. The Hated One Augur

Add me to the list. This is unacceptable. I don't feel like logging in to log out reboot and log in again to play the game. Seems to me this new screen should be disabled until its fixed. I would add that since this started I am also suffering crashes upon zoning on some of my accounts. Which makes me think you guys screwed up with a recent patch. I am not going to delete all my Ui's and hot keys. I think you guys should fix stuff on your end first before wasting my time, the paying customer.
  10. Klang Lorekeeper

I'd like some response to this -
    So far the only way to work around this, is to
    1) Log in and see the welcome screen try to load (which if I'm using multiple logins takes a long time or never completes)
    2) Log out, and leave the character screen which will cause the client to crash
    3) Reboot, and then I can relog-in again and have something functional

I have also noticed if I try to open up my mozilla browser while a welcome screen is loading on any of the characters it's effectively stuck and will not reach my google home page.

Can't we just get a disable the welcome page switch for now until you guys have had a chance to look at this in depth?
  11. JChan Developer

We are currently looking into this issue right now. There is no current ETA as to when this will be fixed and I'll keep this thread updated as more information is made available.
    Elricvonclief and Fenudir like this.
  12. Ribeye Journeyman

Well, this morning both of my eq accounts crashed to desktop but the weird thing is I wasn't at the keyboard at the time. Something must be going on in the eq-background causing these problems.

I'll let my accounts fall to free to play untill this is resolved.
  13. Corboy Journeyman

I hate this new welcome screen, and the spinning cursor of doom, sucks, causes lag and crashes everynight. For the love of sweet 8lb 6ounce baby Jesus, please fix this bug soon.
    KC13 and Kelefane like this.
  14. Tobynn Augur

I fail to understand how "no ETA" can appear in any sort of official response. You already know precisely what is causing the problem. Back out the recent change to the Welcome window. Then, someday when you can get it functioning properly in your test environment, then you can roll it back out to my production environment.

Your out-of-game advertising is negatively impacting my in-game play. This is entirely unacceptable.
  15. Meteora Elder

Seeing the same thing. Pretty annoying having to reload a 2nd client 2+ times to clear the lag sometimes having to reload both clients
  16. JChan Developer

There were some changes made recently in some internal systems. We are continuing to investigate possible solutions. We will keep this thread updated as more information becomes available.
  17. Signedup New Member

But isn't there a way for us to Disable the "Welcome to Everquest" window? As far as I know, the window only pops up once a day so somewhere it knows not to pop up again for that day, how can we make it "think" it's already been popped for that day? Just untill this get's fixed of course.

Also, I thought being a Gold Member (paying a monthly fee) meant you didn't have to see these annoying spam windows.
  18. Amnerys Augur

We've got a couple of internal teams working on this. Long and short, something was disabled on the web end that affected the game. Unintentional, and an unfortunate result of having such a big and intricate game/UI. It's actively being looked at, so we appreciate your patience as we get the issue resolved. I'll update again when there's news!
  19. Elricvonclief Augur

Thank you for responding.

Is there a way we can disable the welcome screen until the issue is fixed?
  20. KC13 Augur

+5