Roshen, EverQuest’s new Community Manager

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iniari-TR Augur

fabled bunny hat :p
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

You poor, poor, bastich. :)
    Welcome To the Jungle..............
    -Rat
  3. Potawatomi Augur

Welcome, I hope you brought punch and pie.
  4. Cordilya Elder

Welcome! Hope you have thick skin! :)
  5. Grundged Lorekeeper

Welcome! "You're in our world now!" ;)
  6. Pirouette Augur

Hey!! That's my old server!!

OK...I might like you. Welcome aboard Roshen. :)
  7. Alythea New Member

I'm sure you will have good and bad days ahead, as there are, of course - both polite and not so polite players. I hope your new position goes well for you. :) On this, I hope what will be one of your best days, I'll just say "Thank you" in advance for the rough days ahead.

I've read a number of your posts, Roshen, and I feel we are lucky to have you as the new CM.
  8. Eluwenie Augur

Haha.. ah yes, the days before PoK, Guild Halls, Mercs and housing. I started when Luclin was introduced.. much patience I have waiting for the spires, being a ranger, waiting for mana, raiding and waiting some more for the raid to move along.. also before directional sense was automatic.. typing /loc every time I died trying to find my corpse.. actually I found it quite useful because I know this sounds strange but in real life it helped me find patience, and being the navigator in my front passenger seat whenever my family drives a long distance, not that I ask for location when I'm in the car, haha.. but just the fact that learning S,W,N, and E in EQ really helped me figure out things in real life.. I know that sounds a bit odd, but it actually did help. :D
  9. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

/roleplay on

Le roi est mort! Vive le roi!

How did we end up with a swarm-kited, beam-PLed, granted-AA Ogre who's major claim to fame now is to have defeated a 0.5ling and taken his job?

Seriously, an Ogre in customer service? Sure Piestro would steal your lunch, and tell you the oven upgrade caused it to disappear, but at least he wasn't an Ogre...or a Dark Elf...or a Troll.

Can we call you Shrek? I'm sure there are plenty of players here you'd love to refer to as Donkey!

/roleplay off

Welcome! I hope you have a very thick skin. I see how some players treat their representatives, and it literally makes me want to vomit. Don't forget we have plenty of children and idiots among us, so we understand perfectly why you don't listen to us.
    What this community needs most is to be able to have everyone opted into the same General Chat Channel, and everyone can use General Chat to form groups which is what EQ is really about. The cap of 400 players pushes people into General1, etc. where their pleas of LFG mostly go unheard by the 400 people in General Chat. Only in EQ do the players have to camp a chat channel!

So, unless you're going to WoW us with cross-server instance groups, getting the chat server right is the way to go.

Good luck and Godspeed!
  10. Nathanar New Member

Gratz on your new position!
  11. Teslin Journeyman

Welcome to forum madness, Roshen.

I will start the ball rolling. I want to see a new class/race combo - Ogre Druid! We of the druid persuasion really need a champion in the SoE EQ house.
  12. Mary Poppins Augur

Great. Now we gotta break in another one.
  13. Zartayn New Member

Hmm real guild, or Guide Program guild?

Seriously, welcome to the forums Roshen - hope you brought the padded armor, cause the ride is bound to get tough... just wait till the next patch changes anything, that someone might remotely find to be nerfing, or just changing, something they once did ingame ;)
  14. Mary Poppins Augur

I hear that pirate hats are fashionable for any occasion.
  15. Nissko Journeyman

Grats pnnew position ! Wish you thebest of luck, you gonna need it !
  16. Narye Augur

Welcome to the madness, we'll give you a little while as you're a noobie, but then, all bets are off :p
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Weclome :)

Grats on the new job.
  18. Freklon Maion New Member

Roshen, the power of Piestro's banhammer is too much for anyone else to handle. But maybe you can wield it. Go forth, new Community Manager!
  19. Sebbina Augur

Did I hear correctly, that some one is looking for a Halfling?
  20. Imrahil Augur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.