rof aug / charm quest - very disappointed.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by iniari-TR, Dec 12, 2012.

1. iniari-TR Augur

i am very disappointed in this task.
    after spending forever farming fear shards pre- release for max ally. and fininshing all the tasks for shards expirences. and having to wait weeks for a groundspawn shard and the flesh. the charm is not full max stats.
    i have checked my faction - max ally. tried turning in more shards and get the message that i cant get any better with circle builders..

is the charm broken ? am i missing something to level it to max ?
  2. Hatsee Augur

No one knows how it works.
  3. Kaylara New Member

The charm should work like it says its supposed to work.
    Per the item itself...

Item Description:

Increases in power as you raise your faction with the Crystal Circle Builders

So either the item is broken, the Item Description is incorrect, or it really does have extremely terrible stats for the expansion.
  4. Okarina New Member

Yeah, this is quite disappointing. I participated in your "Pre-Launch" 'event', turned in the shards to get max ally, waited for all the bugs to get worked out so that I could finish the quest post-launch to get a charm I was looking forward to, only to get a horribly bugged, or improperly labeled (How hard can it be to type the proper item description) charm I can't use. Way to go on making this quest actually worth doing.
  5. roguerunner Augur

It's broken, and I'm sure it'll be fixed.
    I believe it's checking for # of quests and missions done, rather than crystal circle faction.
  6. Kaylara New Member

I don't think it's checking for quests and missions either.
    Tonight I completed 2 T2 Partisan tasks and 6 T2 Mercenary tasks and the stats on the charm remained the same.

Stone of the Landing did however show better stats!
  7. Naugrin Augur

I would guess it's checking tasks and missions or perhaps zones completed. I lean towards the former.
  8. ZenoabVS New Member

If it's checking tasks and missions completed it's not different as the Stone of the Landing which does exactly that.
    It clearly states that it's tied to Crystal builders faction so it should give stats based on that alone and nothing else.
  9. Tobynn Augur

I spent this evening in Xorbb working through the Mercenary tasks in zone. I have watched both the Crystal Circle Charm and the Stone of Landing increase in stats as I knocked out those tasks. I did zero partisan tasks and zero group missions. I also gave zero shards to Magus.

Circle Charm = progression script.
  10. Midgetowe New Member

I hope they dont leave charm like that...should switch to faction.
  11. Tarrin Augur

Sounds right. I have partisaned all except xorbb, savior'ed many, and I am at 1700 or 1800 h/m/e
  12. Chandrok Augur

Yes, the charm is broken. It was looking at quests unstead of faction. It will be fixed next patch.
  13. iniari-TR Augur

14. Uxtalzon Augur

You might want to give players the option to repeat the quest to obtain the charm (unless it's already repeatable? -no faction increase) because undoubtedly many have discarded it by now.
  15. Aamonn Journeyman

lol... A little common sense goes a long way. It was obvious something was wrong with the charm. So why on Earth would anyone have deleted it? They can petition it to get it back.
  16. Crystilla Augur

Wouldn't those tokens for reclaiming something (that tab on the vendors) be applicable in this instance? Buy the token, get your item back.
    Vouivre likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Because you have to pay SC for those and this is a SOE mistake.

Just petition, if your lucky you will get it back
  18. clark53 Journeyman

Question about the Stone of the Landing. At what point does it start to show stats. I have done all the Shards Landing quests and at least half the quest in the three other Tier 1 zones and it still shows no stats.
  19. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

Do you have it equiped?
  20. Xnao Augur

The worst travesty of this quest is the lack of an hsta aug.

Gotta oppress the necros.