Raiding idea to appease all

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pinto_Bean, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Syrup Augur

So did i allude to it, or did i say it explicitly?
    Make up your mind.

I didn't say it was a waste, i said it would be utilized better elsewhere.
    The quote reflects exactly that.

You're trying way too hard.
  2. Lee81 Augur

You understand the point. I changed the wording, but forgot to edit that section of my statement. If you say that resources could be utilized elsewhere, you are saying that developers are wasting their time adding an instancing feature. You're obviously not trying hard enough to make sense.

If my superior tells me that I should not utilize my time on a certain project, then it means that I am wasting some of my valuable work time. She will tell me to redirect my attention on a different project.
  3. Syrup Augur

I didn't say they were wasting their time. Period.

I'm not responsible for what and how you infer things...
    If you want to reply and carry on this non-sense please preface your reply with a direct quote from me saying their wasting their time, or don't reply at all.
    Thanks.
  4. Jezzie Augur

[IMG]
    It's a shame that Daybreak had to utilize their valuable resources to create a new server.
    To those of you that have created the need for said new server......... I salute you!
  5. Lee81 Augur

You don't have to use the word waste to imply it. You said the same thing a different way. Like wow...
  6. Syrup Augur

Why did you reply with no back up to your claim?
    That was the only thing i asked for.

You can drop it now, your attempt to put words in my mouth has failed miserably.
  7. Lee81 Augur

I'm basically pointing out what you mean, not the words that you've used. Go away troll.
  8. Syrup Augur

No, you're attempting to spin what you inferred into something i said.
    Like i stated in the last, who knows how many replies at this point.. Quote where i said it or stop posting.
  9. Lee81 Augur

There we go. You are saying that you see DBG would be wasting their resources because they are not utilizing their resources for their long-term interests. If you think that it's not wasting, then there is no issue for time spent on a project to add instancing.
  10. Syrup Augur

I don't see the word waste in my quote, but you keep throwing it in where you please.
    Stop trolling
  11. Lee81 Augur

12. Syrup Augur

13. Lee81 Augur

Again, I am not referring to the words. I am referring to the meaning. You meant that they are wasting resources by not utilizing their resources elsewhere.
  14. Lee81 Augur

Check out my first paragraph as well.
  15. Agrippa Augur

I don't have the full list handy, but Firiona Vie has a few other "perks" as well and some of these have changed over the years.

Most everything is tradable, just as most everything in classic was. In other words, 99% of everything isn't designed to rot.

There is no Common language. Characters start with the languages their race gets and have to learn others from other players or their guildmasters.

Bind Affinity is limited to cities and a few safe areas. I think this has changed over the years, but melee and hybrids are still limited.

The server opened with a Trivial Loot Code where grey con mobs didn't drop anything. This was changed shortly after, but still exists in a few areas. It was great for low levels, but most people would probably agree that it rather sucked to have to hire low levels to farm tradeskill mats.

If I'm remembering right, the server opened where you were limited to grouping with others of your character's alignment. Similar to a couple of the Zek servers. This rule was dropped pretty quick.

When the server opened, players were limited with one character per account. Over the years, they added two more character slots. Today, we have all fourteen available.

A number of these rules didn't work for obvious reasons, but I think most of them make for a better game. I know most players here enjoy linear and limited options, but I really enjoy being able to pass friends, alts, or even trade items away to having everything rot. This was how the classic game was and how it remained for years after. Even dragon loot was tradable. Oddly, by the time they introduced the bazaar, they started making nearly everything rot by design. I know I'm looking forward to when everything starts to rot on Lockjaw.

I just think that they should do something different than the other progression servers. It's almost certain that they'll open more instancing on Ragefire and Lockjaw and that should eliminate most of the problems people have with boxing. There's really no point in opening an outright clone of the others this early. I hope they at least have the sense to include more game improvements like the bandolier and extended target window. Game improvements that don't really increase power shouldn't be locked to expansions.

If they're really all out for profits, they should open the server in Planes of Power and offer 51/50 heroic characters. Most of the work is already done for the 51/50 characters.