Raiding idea to appease all

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pinto_Bean, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Syrup Augur

Of course I am!
    A fraction of EQ customers are on the TLP servers.
    A fraction of that fraction want instanced raids.
    DBG have decided that will make them the most money in the short term.

Using those same resources to make changes that effect a larger portion of the paying customer base would be a better use.
    Screaming "false" isn't a counter point.
  2. Raynard Augur

You have no evidence to support this statement. You have no leg to stand on here. You cling to this argument because you cannot justify your stance otherwise without admitting hypocrisy.
  3. Vaclav Augur

That's kind of the point. I don't argue things as facts, I argue them as "I feel this will be better..." or "For those I speak to..."

That's all anything based on anecdotal evidence should be caged as.
  4. Vaclav Augur

Who's to say most of this won't be recycled into content for the majority of the playerbase? (i.e. Plane of Hate and Fear in the new expac)

Live possibly might be getting an extra 4 raids because of TLP instancing if that spawned out of this project... sounds horrid for the majority.
  5. Syrup Augur

You were the one who claimed that the instanced TLP makes the most business sense to pursue for DBG.
    This is the first time i addressed the point, so i'm not sure what this 'cling' is you speak of is about.

You're getting desperate.

6. Raynard Augur

The difference is that I provided EVIDENCE. The logical conclusion that they are pursuing the path with the promise of long term prosperity for the business. Your conclusion is your opinion, which requires a business be knowingly acting against its long term interests to make a quick buck.
  7. Syrup Augur

There's a difference between causation and correlation.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Thus why I used indefinite terms... English a second language for you? We won't know unless Daybreak states it.
  9. Syrup Augur

I see using resources to pander to a small fraction of the player base as knowingly acting against its long term interests, when those resources could be used to make changes that effect every existing player.
  10. Syrup Augur

Oh sorry I missed where your argument turned back into 'if's'
    I would have just ignored it, but i'm having a few different conversations right now.

You slipped it by me you trickster!
  11. Lee81 Augur

Unless you have their financial records and understand their business plans for Everquest, then I don't think that you understand a fraction of what they can or are willing to do. They should poll us.
  12. Raynard Augur

We'll see exactly how small that fraction is when server launches and you're stuck in a ghost town with no one left to dominate. The server is coming, and you are threatened by that. This argument has adequately demonstrated your hypocrisy and ignorance. I'll only stop short of forcing you to admit it, which would be impossible anyway, judging by the depths of your delusions. I'm out.
  13. Syrup Augur

I just have the adept ability to see changes that effect many are objectively a better use of development time than changes that effect very few.
  14. Syrup Augur

You were out hours ago with this quote.

15. Vaclav Augur

Well unlike you, you're assuming it's a waste of resources that makes no benefit to the majority.

We don't know either way - it could be benefiting a minority or a majority - either way works, unlike your method of presentation.
  16. Syrup Augur

Whoa whoa whoa i didn't say waste, i said the resources could be better utilized.
    Keep your words in your own mouth.
  17. Pseudofate Augur

I'm sure the new server will garner some interest from the player base in the larger fraction.
  18. Vaclav Augur

Better utilized because they would only benefit a minority - whereas reality is depending how they're doing things it might benefit the majority. Neither of us knows until they let us know otherwise.

[Although logically things that can be used two places will be, so it seems the more likely possibility]
  19. Lee81 Augur

You definitely need a poll to determine who actually cares for this. You're just speculating.
  20. Lee81 Augur

The first part of the statement is where you state that it is a waste in resources because you're assuming that DBG is foregoing long-term for short-term interests. In effect, you are explicitly stating that they are wasting resources because they're not utilizing it elsewhere.