Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Hendar2 Augur

You have a point (minus the socking ref). The PoP expansion was really aimed at raiders (a minority at the time), the rest of the players got PoK. Large guilds were consulted regarding fixes to GoD (the 2004 summit), the majority wasn't. Oh well.
  2. zhakran New Member

I'll just have to agree with the chorus of voices saying these changes are just awful and not what is needed on these TLP servers.

I got two accounts, wife has two accounts, we play a lot, we've been 50 awhile now, we'd like to raid(no not just killing trash, wtf, since when is that raiding...)

The reasons have been gone over enough times. This game needs normal instances, not load balancing garbage so that TL can farm even more GEBs.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

Already answered your question:

Many of us don't want a second job or to have to look over our shoulders worrying about other players, at that point it is just not fun. There is no more PNP, and the fact that if one guild engages a raid mob after another but out dpses them is OK, is just sickening. Add to that the cheating, rmt, boxing, and botting, and you just have one damn toxic environment. No wonder so many people don't want to compete at these targets, it's not worth the frustration because we have enough common sense to realize that there simply is not enough to go around for the thousands of people on the server.

I can't wait until the new "fixes" go live and people can't even zone into the prime instance with the raid target because there are already 100 people in zone.
    Rhiyannon and Agrippa like this.
  4. Prathun Developer

Yes, this is a good point. We will make these contested raid NPCs immune to memblur.
    Also a good point. We will not enforce maximum character limits in the zones with contested raid NPCs.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Soltara, Rhiyannon and Esper like this.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Prat:
    Any thoughts/word on HT immunity as well? (or unborking it)
    Or "Pet complications"?
  6. rekais910 Augur

I am happy to see a dev on these forums. These are definitely worries for the competitive raiders. I'm hoping that you also looked over and saw a lot of these ideas that were mentioned that embody the other issues at hand that are being felt by a larger majority of players on this server, so that you can share with the other devs and maybe we could see some form of compromise that envelopes the needs of the rest of the population.
  7. RainbowTest Augur

Can you make the raid encounter spawn randomly in any one of the instances when it does spawn that way sitting in one instance isn't going to turn into a nightmare but instead it will be random who gets the right one?
    Kegwell likes this.
  8. Thunn Journeyman

Yeah I'm out.

Sub cancelled. I have no time for this stuff anymore anyway
  9. Animosity Elder

You should take away the character limit on Commonlands too! We have no where to trade! :(
  10. rekais910 Augur

I believe I read somewhere that they added a spell to raid targets that fear pets and do a huge dot onto them. It also summons them so that they can't be line of sighted?
  11. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Could it be changed so no zone enforces a maximum character limit? It's extremely annoying especially in Commonlands because of the tunnel activity.
    Rhiyannon and Vaclav like this.
  12. Vaclav Augur

There's PoWar code that was implied by a non-dev to have been used for this - but curious of a confirmation. Seems logical to make pets risky to use on raids/assess hate to the owner until they're not OP - but curious if that's happening rather than just taking rumors as fact.
  13. Vaclav Augur

Or at least let it be unhinged for some key zones (like CL).
  14. Banuvan Augur

No No No No No No.

I want to sit at the zone line and watch hundreds of people try to fit into Naggy's room waiting for it to spawn because they can't be civil with each other. It will be funny to watch. I wonder how bad the lag is going to be for them? Will the zone crash with that many people in it?
    SBC0 and Rhiyannon like this.
  15. Throndor Augur

Pickzoning should move the character back to the safe spot at the zone in. With the feature currently designed to copy player location into the new instance, people are mass exploiting dungeons by killing loot mobs, pickzoning and killing alternate loot mobs in different instances with little effort paid toward clearing to or engaging anything but loot mobs and their ph. This practice is especially dominate in the wee hours, where instances of Lguk whiddle down to less than 10 players per instance, exploiting the pickzone feature to flood the market with easily duplicated loot gains.

Thank you,
    Throndor
  16. Bufonidae Elder

So massive lag as boxers and rival guilds load the main instance to deny the raid targets
  17. Throndor Augur

furthermore, pickzoning can and will be used to exploit earning passage to raid targets in static zones. I would not be surprised to see guilds use a non-boss instance of the zone in order to move themselves into perfect position for the kill and then pickzoning over (think the bottom of phinny's pit, where starfish cannot add). The implications for future raid content in expansions such as kunark and velious, would completely trivialize encounters by allowing guilds to bypass or circumvent engaging a boss with it's guards intact.

It seems there's a lot of reasons to make pickzoning relocate players to the succor point, and very little incentive for keeping it the way it is.
  18. Banuvan Augur

YES! They want "competition" then join me at the zone line while they all try to pile into naggys room or in permafrost or KK. It will be hilarious to watch them try to put that many people in there. It would be even more hilarious if their antics trying to "compete" causes the zone to crash over and over. Hell, i'd even laugh if it crashed the server. All for the sake of "competing".
  19. zhakran New Member

boy this just sounds ever more and more sh*t. I actually have the time and motivation to do this garbage, but it still doesn't sound fun. Oldschool EQ mobs were easy, that's fine, put some freaking effort into instancing this stuff ala tasks, and call it a done deal. These changes really do nothing whatsoever to help the raiding scene...what they do, is make group loot from solb slighlty more accessible.

90% of the players on these servers want to enjoy the game with friends and get to kill stuff. 10% want to COMPETE. Leave the freaking world spawn up for people to compete over. TL gets DOUBLE the nagafens everyone else does, hell, maybe MORE since they can probably trigger half a dozen or more expeditions. The rest of the guilds can get 1-3 nagafens. And RMT takes a hit because CoF is not $500. This is what people want and the servers need. TL won't like it, but they'll still get more than anyone else, so w/e. People will play longer. Folks are going to be quitting pretty soon after they hit 50 atm(hint: there aint a lot to do in classic once you hit cap)
    Rhiyannon and Mashef like this.
  20. kmarin2881 New Member