Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Mory Batbard New Member

Back when there was no raid window and the GROUP that got the kill on these bosses because of the most damage done, this stuff rarely occurred. It was still essentially a 50/50 if there was 2 guilds contesting the mob who would actually get the glory of the kill and disperse the loot regardless of the utter zerg force one of the said guilds threw at it.

Again, Please instance raid events and have a lockout.
  2. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I definitely agree, top end raiding has been competitive for sixteen years.
    Remind me again how many of those years had instanced content?

So, competition doesn't magically vanish with instanced content.
    Groans, Barton and Agrippa like this.
  3. Eskey Journeyman

As much as I would love to back you here to further my own agenda. They died because most of the people who play TLP hate everything after PoP...

The longevity of a TLP server is always going to be fixed... It has nothing to do with the people involved.

As for Kiaro... You still don't get it... It's not loot. I would be happy with instanced content that had loot drop change reduced by 90%... I think most of us would...

I want to play the EverQuest that existed 10 years ago. The one with the vibrant community who worked together and solved problems. The EverQuest where when you saw the level 8 running from a Kodiak you stopped to kill the Kodiak instead of laughing as he died. The EverQuest where I made friendships that have lasted 15+ years...

Not this horrible abomination of hatred and animosity.

I don't care about loot... I want to avoid the hated, drama and anger that is TLP raiding.

Even Live raiding wasn't this bad. You are right there was always a guild controlling everything... However because of the lack of information and the time required to level it was NEVER this bad. The top guild had what they wanted locked down but there was always more raid targets than there were people to kill the targets.

And any time there were two guilds close enough to the top to become rivals they STILL had rules they had to adhere too that allowed people who didn't want to have to fight with other human beings the ability to play the game without stooping to their level.
    Equanimity likes this.
  4. Mardy Augur

This thread is as toxic as they come. It represent the age old battles between hardcore raiders vs groupers/casuals. The same battles which by the way, is still ongoing in EQ Live. The EQ dev team never had a grasp on this issue, they never could provide a happy balance. It's the same arguments and fights over the past 16 years, and the current proposed "solution" shows you they still don't get it.

To any Daybreak employees reading, you really don't want to get your playerbase to hate each other. This causes people to unsubscribe and ragequit. It creates unnecessary animosity and hate between players, and it'll spread throughout the forums and ingame. It's the very definition of a "toxic" environment, one which is not healthy and can not sustain. Anybody looking to come back to EQ and reads this thread, they'll instantly be turned off and likely walk away. So it really isn't to your best interest to keep this thread going. You've got the feedback you need, you know what people want, it's up to you to decide if you want to provide it or take that hardline stance.

By the way, I don't like how people are saying we got what we wanted with instanced zones. The added instanced zones and tech benefit everybody, raiders, groupers, casuals, it benefit everybody. Please stop making it out like how we've gotten what we asked for. I think we're gotten what we all have asked for short of a few more things that would make this a much more enjoyable experience for ALL rather than a few.
    SBC0, Bandok and Agrippa like this.
  5. Gregolo Augur

How many of those expansions with instanced content, had non instanced keys/bottlenecks? That's the better question.

Hint, the answer is about equal to the amount of expansions with instanced content.
  6. Numiko Augur

Because they should launch TLP servers that close not when they catch up to live but rather when they can either no longer progress (vulak) or have reached the last expansion that was live *when the sever launched* .. which would have been House of Thule.

Fippy is just to close to live now for anyone other then the one guild progressing and a few loners to play on. there is virtually no difference between it and a live sever and no one wanting a "nostalgic" experiance would play there, the last few expansions were just not that memorable and no one is jumping at the chance to relive them.

They both should have been declared "done" and folded into live servers a year ago.
    Barton likes this.
  7. Groans Augur

Do you think part of it could be these guys racing through content asking for early expansion releases ect could be making them fold too? I was all about Kunark until I had seen the level of consumption folks have .
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Hey, and the game is still around so I guess it's kind of silly for so many people to vilify instancing as the death of Everquest.

But that's just a sidestep anyway, the point is that to claim four-ish expansions of Everquest define what "competition" means in this game is a somewhat narrow view.
    Groans likes this.
  9. Eskey Journeyman

No Groans... Even the casuals want to experience content... Once they get tired of leveling up their 35 alts they will be exactly where I am right now.

I have to choose between keeping my integrity and acting like a civilized human being... or playing.

At that point they will scream for faster releases praying that it provides a barrier between their casual lives and the elitist hard core raider.
    Equanimity likes this.
  10. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Last week it was 1 GM, now it is multiple, me, if the GM's are multiplying that fast, can we actually get some of them in game...

On a more serious note, enough with the conspiracy theories, if you have proof of GM's being in TL< or any other guild for that matter, provide it, if not, drop the nonsense.
    Aneuren likes this.
  11. Eskey Journeyman

That's exactly the opposite.

I want to actually be able to play EverQuest. Not spend 12 hours a night fighting with you.

See how that works? You want an experience where you can ruin mine, I want an experience where I can avoid you.

Back in the day this existed... It was called the server blacklist.
    Barton likes this.
  12. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I really don't even think it matters. It's pretty outlandish to claim that Everquest management is creating in-game policies to benefit their covert developer operative team of e-thugs.

These claims about TL GMs and TL as a whole really need to stop. What do you all think will happen if TL ever splinters? You'll have the same people who behave poorly and the same people that behave well spread across multiple guilds. Focus on the gameplay issues, not the tag they happen to be wearing.
  13. Dark_Intentions Augur

You might keep an eye on these TLP servers, if you leave.

I obviously don't know for sure, but I am willing to bet that they instance the boss raids one era behind the most current one. Either that, or they will have to tone down the classic bosses after Kunark hits. We'll have to wait and see how strong they are first to know.

But with Kunark epics being tied to closely to classic bosses, there will be far many more players wanting to kill the classic bosses, and far many more guild attempts. If that situation gets too annoying for the more casual raider types, a change will occur.
  14. Gregolo Augur

Nothing says you have to raid. Raiding in EQ is competitive. So if you don't want to play with me, don't. Easy. If you don't want competitive raiding, go play something else. It's been this way for OVER A DECADE

I don't want to to ruin your experience. As expansions unlock there will be a lot more group content you can sink your teeth into.

Blacklists? Adorable.
  15. Groans Augur

Oh I thinkt hat will backfire and they will kill all of classic and kunark too, do not underestimate the level of consumption these guys have.
  16. Barton The Mischievous

Top end raiding? bottlenecks not so much, time sinks tons of em.

Fact is competition in top end raiding for far longer than not, has been who can clear it first, because top end raiding was instanced.

Claiming that top end raiding has always been about open world mobs for 15+ years is not true.
  17. Eskey Journeyman

Naïve people will always believe in fairy tales. GM's are like the easter bunny... They aren't real.
  18. Numiko Augur

Honestly do not know as I never played on either of the sets of progression servers. my post was just my observations looking at it as someone on the outside looking in.

But ask any dev and they will tell you players consume content much faster they they can feed it to you, even going back to 1999, I remember a interview with John Smedley where he said they did not expect anyone to hit level 50 till the end of 1999 and maybe longer...

there were level 50's just 2-3 month's after the original server's opened.
  19. Weverley Augur

I think the problem from what i saw when the progression was getting ready to launch was that a lot of people wanted to go into a raid guild and expecting to raid in classic more then what was possible to accommodate with the few raid encounter there was.A lot of people were under the illusion that somehow they would be able to get to it.And now a few weeks after launch they just realized it's just isn't possible without raid instancing and now they just got the last nail on the coffin and all their illusion came down hard on them.I said at that time that i would have been surprised if more then 2 or 3 guilds would be able to raid in classic but people thought otherwise.Holly did a wonderful job in instancing many dungeons where i am right now and that drops gears that is better then overland and now she gonna give the crowd places to go that give even better gear. I would have thought people would have been happy to get much improved gear and congratulate her on a job well done but i guess some people are not satisfy til they have the rolls-royce. Very sad to have people expecting so much when next xpac it's gonna be back to grinding those new places and start all over.
  20. Hexaholic Augur

They're making the raid targets harder, that's altering mechanics.