Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Bufonidae Elder

uh... cool picture?
  2. rekais910 Augur

Yea that's toxn. You can see his name near the beginning of the crew and he's a known mega boxer. Learn to hate him, but they aren't gunna do anything about him.
    Nenake likes this.
  3. Vaclav Augur

Seems like they're all being told to navigate to the same X, Y coords by that picture - /follow often doesn't make such a perfectly straight line with curves right before then.
  4. Bufonidae Elder

a little off topic?
  5. Vaclav Augur

It's a picture of someone about to do raid content... so tangential, not completely off topic, I'd say.
  6. Esper Augur

Thank You!!
  7. Banuvan Augur

So, how bad will the lag be if a guild is fighting naggy/vox/phinny and 2-3 other guilds /pick into the room with them at the same time.

Main instance - 100 people
    Instance 1 - 100 people
    Instance 2 - 100 people
    Instance 3 - 100 people

All instance 1/2/3 go into main instance....in the raid targets room....to crash the zone and/or server or lag the guild out that's trying to kill said raid target. How is DBG prepared to handle a situation like this?
  8. Catashe Augur

Now we BEG you... do this for commonlands too PLZ!!! at least to Luclin then do what you want! =)
  9. Xenolith Apprentice

Why not allow the community to vote for Instanced raid content vs this "Fix"? Keep a contested spawn for the sake of having them in the game (For the spirit of EQ or whatever you'd like to call it) and put a 1 week lockout with a 45+ player / lvl 46 min expedition requirement? Make everything in said instance No Trade and nothing drop plat / gems. This would silence the majority of complaints and everyone would be happy into Gates of Discord and beyond. I fail to see how it isn't reasonable and it could be used for future Time Locked Progression servers if desired.
    Rhiyannon and zhakran like this.
  10. Banuvan Augur

Don't try and be logical. It doesn't work.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  11. rekais910 Augur

Your post is useless in the long run. even if sarcastically supporting his idea haha.
  12. Banuvan Augur

So are most of the posts on the forum. Its all rather silly. Might as well have some fun with it.
    SBC0 and Rhiyannon like this.
  13. -wycca Augur

Thanks for the continued responsiveness. Most of the changes are great.

PratPratPrat - thanks for the memblur & base zone pop thing. Can we please get this done for Commonlands as well?

More variance never helped anyone but the ultra-hardcore. Instead, you should be doing random P99-style Earthquake repops of all content. Weight it to US primetime, but don't forget asian/euro times as well. This helped big-time on P99, and nothing else that has been tried has been as successful or enjoyed by the raid community at large. Please implement that here.
  14. Throndor Augur

more variance does help a less hardcore guild though. With extended mob variance, the hardest of hardcore raid guilds will have to split their resources in socking multiple zones, thereby decresing their dps race potential to a guild with lesser numbers devoted toward raiding a specific target in-window.
    SBC0 likes this.
  15. Banuvan Augur

Obviously doesn't play on ragefire.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  16. Barton The Mischievous

I'm seriously not even worried about it anymore.

Small area base zone with no limit on number of people allowed in it, with the ability to /pickzone in and a buffed Raid Mob.

Will be interesting to see how many hardcore raiders want instances when the zones start crashing constantly.

Time to start getting those small guild Alliances going.

Lets see how many hundreds it takes to crash Raid Boss zones all the time

Instances are not the solution though. hahaha
    Rhiyannon and Nenake like this.
  17. cataclysm New Member

Hey guys, I am only on here because the servers are down and I am bored. I don't have a high level character yet, as I only join a few days ago, and I am taking my time to enjoy Everquest's content. But, I just thought I should add my 2 cp.

Have you guys ever thought about what you would do if they made the high end raid bosses be instanceable? For a few weeks, you would kill them and then what would you do after getting all of the gear you could want from them? You would start begging for the next expansion to come out so you can rush through the content some more. I don't think this would be such a great idea. However, what they have now does not strike me as a good thing either, since once I take my time enjoying all of the content until I finally get to level 50, I would not want the bosses to be camped like this either.

Therefore, I propose a solution to both problems at once. Keep the raid bosses in only one instance but make it so people can only kill them once a week. This will make it so that the big guilds cant fight them more than once a week and gives other people the chance to kill them. It also keeps people from getting bored with the end game and keeps a little competition open. If it is still to competitive, make the bosses spawn more often. Also, you should probably make it so that you can not stay in the main zone once after you had killed the raid boss. For example, after killing the raid boss you can only spend an hour in the main zone until next week, however you can still go into a side zone to fight trash and non-raid bosses. Believe it or not but I think that this solution would be good for the high end guilds as well since they could go around killing all of the raid bosses each week and not have to fixate on only one. There are probably some problems with my solution, but I think with a little tweaking you could give people enough to continue to play without just giving them what they say they want. If you give people what they say they want, most would get bored very quickly.

Other than this I just wanted to say how happy I am with the servers as they currently are and that I plan to continue my subscription regardless of the actions that you take regarding these raid bosses. As there is so much to do and to play in all of the level from 1 to 50. For me, being level 50 is not the point of everquest, but the journey from 1 to 50. I enjoyed my time as a level 1 and I plan on enjoying my time as a level 49 and all of the levels in between as well.
    SBC0 likes this.
  18. Malystaire New Member

Seriously? Blocking of content by hardcore power gamers and obnoxious guilds is what drove people from the game originally. Not only have you forgotten the lessons of the past, you seem to revel in the abuse and asshattery. I'm already beginning to regret my return and your attitude goes even further to me cancelling and never giving your company another dime.
    Nenake, Barton and Mashef like this.
  19. rekais910 Augur

welcome to the p99 raid format system. It's somewhat similar this. The idea won't work though because there is too much of a population that wants to raid. Raid targets to population is very to unbalanced and it would require a rather excessive amount of spawns to really make it more even. A form of instancing along side of the open world raid targets will open up more options specially if the instances have a higher lock out time. Guilds won't get geared THAT fast and specially in the larger areas like VP, NTOV, VT smaller guilds will take days to attempt to beat it with the chance they won't even beat it. They won't be bored either because they came to enjoy the content not enjoy the toxic bull on this server.
  20. -wycca Augur

Obviously has no idea what the response is to that (hint see P99's current scene & history).

The best thing is to have simulated repops/earthquakes al-la P99.