Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Tarrin Augur

They committed to taking another look at the unlock time frame 3 weeks before the server launched.

The poll showed almost a 50/50 split on people wanting less than 6 and people wanting 6. Now the servers reflect this. The servers are split 50/50 with 6 months and less than 6 months. Pretending like they aren't going with 6 months is silly. They clearly are on Lockjaw.

They never *promised* 6 months would happen no matter what.

Why do you dislike compromise? Why do you dislike the servers reflecting what the population wanted?
  2. Storytimebros Elder

Come back when instanced content hits. That's when the future will matter.
  3. Ghroznak New Member

Will there, or will there NOT be transfers between RF and LJ ?

SIMPLE FACT: No transfer = Uninstall EQ --- I have no interest re-doing EVERYTHING I done so far or RE-BUYING various DB Store items. I came back to game to enjoy a slower pace progression since I actually, contrary to popular belief when it comes to MMO games, have a life which includes work, chores and other things that make me unable to hardcore-camp Nagafen 24/7.

Currently I am not even playing the game since I have no interest wasting more time on Ragefire while waiting on an official reply with the risk of NOT getting transfers.

So ANSWER US!

WILL there be a transfer or NOT?

Simple g'damn question. Much simpler than the overly complex method of justifying the completely overruling of the latest poll.

"Just reroll on LJ" is not an option and "Just reroll" means I won't get the gear I spent time acquiring, the levels I've grinded, the DB items I've bought nor all the alts I have.
    Simone and Friday like this.
  4. Tweelis Augur

Some of you people need to get a grip. This is a game, not a job or a life/death scenario or anything that serious.

Given all the tools and options allowed in game I'm seeing a lot of people getting ticked over a glass of spilled milk. There simply is no reason for most of the crying happening here.

Some people wonder why the dev's don't like giving out firm information....this thread and others like it are a prime example why they don't. Regardless of what the commit to they get lambasted. Saying "the dev's are out of touch with the players" or "you lied" or "how retarted can they be?" to the people that are trying to give you something enjoyable makes it pretty tough to keep smiling.

Truewall, feel sorry for me. I paid for a year; my subscription is up in 37 days and I'll be paying another $120 when the time comes. If you can find another way to get this much enjoyment for that amount of money then go for it.

Rhiyannon, take a deep breath and relax. You have invested some money in bags....for your convenience. I have 8 backpacks on my toon and several in the bank; all of which were looted from mobs. Nobody made you purchase those bags or whatever other marketplace goodies you have. A refund from DBG ? Really? You playing that much and you're crying about a refund? I would dare say you've gotten your money's worth. As for the "nice server" quip, how about we call it the "reasonable and realistic" server? This is a game, A GAME! The only reason I could see somebody getting this upset over things is if they were depending on something for their survival. Is this game that important to you? Will you go hungry or homeless if you don't get your way?

Mez, you make it sound like you've never played a MMO besides EQ on these two servers. Have you by chance abandoned other characters on other EQ servers? or characters in other games? Starting over or transferring to another server can be fun or miserable; which is mostly how you want to perceive the new stuff before things happen. I have abandoned characters in WoW, Rift, Aion, DAoC plus many other non-mmorpg games. Even within EQ I have 36 toons across Bristlebane, Bertoxx, FV, Rodcet Nife, LJ, RF, Stromm and Fippy with reasonable amounts of playtime (not counting the tradeskill and bazaar mules here).....all but 3 are on an extended (some probably permanent) vacation.

For the "but I want to play with my friends crowd" have you considered other options? Start over on a regular server? split up and use teamspeak/Skype/etc. to chat while playing on separate servers? Something else I haven't though of?
  5. sihpa Augur

It just dawned on me that people wanting to unsub at the moment, to "show their discontent with the only vote that matters... $$$" are having their "voice" effectively silenced. Go ahead and unsub (or otherwise ignore EQ for a month) and miss your window for a free transfer, casuals!
  6. sihpa Augur

RMTers would beg to differ and MANY decisions have played right into their hands.
    Another reason they dont like giving out firm information because they dont know what the left hand is saying behind the right ones back. They lack continuity and have gone back on many many things. You're simply unaware or willfully ignorant if you've not seen the flip-flopping on things left right and center. For YEARS.

I am thinking you mean well, and are trying to empower/nudge people to "man-up" but really you're coming off as some sort of corporate apologist.
  7. Friday Augur

Incoming! Regardless, the powers that be have set the stage for a server rivalry the likes of which has never been seen. And on RF, even if just 30-40% of RF leaves, the stage has been set for continued controversy, continued strife, the "Ubers" trained that the loudest arguments will see them appeased. RF will likely resemble "Game of Thrones" more than Everquest, factions segmenting into fractions.

To any Kunarker NOW RF players, getting ready to respond, spare me your various iterations of "Nuh uh" and "neener-neener." If I am wrong, and I hope that I am, the truth will only be born out with time. The proof will be in the pudding, as they say. But as of right now, it looks to me like you broke it, you bought it. Please stay, but let the people go.

DB: If you are going to do transfers make them ASAP, please and thank you. I have advocated for some transfer restrictions for the well being of LJ, and continue to do so. I hope the 'investigation' fairly considers limiting # of characters (per account) allowed to go, a per account cap on plat, and/or making our gear no drop...for the good of our soon to be neighbors. As far as names, it seems fairest to let LJ citizens have priority. Any concessions that will make RF refugees be welcomed, rather than seen as pariahs, I am for.
  8. Weverley Augur

I have the perfect solution for you.Reroll a class and races u haven't done on Ragefire.Start playing that character on Lockjaw so you can have a feel for the server and when they make the transfer u just bring the characters over.
    Friday likes this.
  9. Simone Augur

Seriously. They need to be forthright about the future of these servers. If they a going to allow transfers then they need to announce when they will be available right now. Also if they want to see if the community wants faster unlocks for expansions other than classic they also need to do those polls right now.

All of this uncertainty is going to really hurt these servers long term if they can't get their act together. If only classic is being shortened to 3 months on Ragefire and Kunark, Velious, Luclin and PoP all stick to the normal 6 month schedule then I'll be okay with staying on classic but if it's going to be constantly up in the air with the possibility of those eras also being shorted a very real then I'd rather move to Lockjaw but really need to know if and when they will allow transfers to know whether or not I should keep working up my current characters or re-roll.
    Friday and Rhiyannon like this.
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

There should be no transfers. Six months is plenty of time for people to reroll.
    Vaclav likes this.
  11. Vaclav Augur

Do keep in mind that many of u are offerin to help legitimate new arrivals as well too.

Everything but SC can really be easily replaced especially if you cash out to kronos before moving.
    Friday likes this.
  12. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

If you have come to the conclusion that my MMO experience is limited to EQ, or even more specifically, EQ on progression servers, then reading comprehension is not your strong point, though jumping to conclusions certainly seems to be. I abandoned all my original characters / accounts (4 accounts) when I left EQ in 2005 ish. I played, and thus abandoned chars on : Anarchy Online, DAoC, City of Heroes/Villains, WoW (multiple times) , Warhammer, SWToR, GW2, TSW, TESO and quite a few others that my sleep deprived mind is struggling to remember. I don't have a problem with abandoning characters per se, I have a problem with abandoning characters because the game company failed to learn any of the lessons from the previous release of the.game, a subtle but distinct difference.
  13. ChucklingBoy New Member

Putting up with all these server issues on RF is getting boring.
  14. Shalka Lorekeeper

It seems for a casual player such as myself, I'm getting quite tired of all the rollbacks (which i don't have the time to be able to re farm etc) and with 6 boxers using 3rd party programs to control them all (which i believe is against rules maybe im wrong on this one). I wanted to start this (Clean) post To see how many people would agree that we should be entitled to Free server trasnfer to Lockjaw consdering the following:
    1. Servers are down at least once every day if not every other day
    2. Rollbacks always are following the server crashes lately
    3. Surplus of 6 box 3rd party users are ruining all chances for camps etc
    4. 3 month release date for kunark after polls revealed 6 was majority?

Would love to hear postive feedback on this forum and see what everyone else thinks..
    (Try to stay positive so the thread doesn't get kicked off)
  15. Zavi New Member

LJ free transfer to RF is what I heard. For some reason I thought we would be able to transfer from both servers for a brief period of time.

I read that LJ will be 6mo even though they voted that down. I expect an influx to RF now that it is set to 3 mos.
  16. Fiyero Augur

What do you think will stop surplus of boxers coming to Lockjaw? We on LJ would like to avoid that.
  17. Rotlust Augur

Make no mistake your wonderful, innocent, not at all toxic, dindu nuffin wrong 6 box armies (sometimes more seen up to 12) are ruining BOTH servers for people wanting groups and multiplayer play.

They need to make the no box server if we ever hope to have a chance to get away from that. that is the only solution.

let people who want to play an MMO solo play it on literally every other server, allow us one.
    Friday likes this.
  18. Lumiens Augur

Yeah, i guess it's too bad that only P99 seems to offer what Rotlust is taking about. I'd move in a second if they opened up a new "No Box" server where everyone could only play one account. Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think its fun having peoples lvl 50's sitting outside the group either making all the content for the group I'm in trivial.
    Friday likes this.
  19. Yyin New Member

Where have you seen that? from what I have read it sounds like transfers to and from RF/LJ will be opened for a small period of time to allow those that want faster/slower Kunark release.
  20. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Nothing will stop them arriving. Just think of them as if they were the Mongol Horde of old ;-).