Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Friday Augur

I think the 'disingenuous' ones will be those who agitated for Kunark on RF, got it, and will follow the masses to LJ. The uber raiders want what they want, but they want their underclass, too. After all, its the lower levels and the casuals who pay kronos to the ubers for the content/gear they control. You can't run a fief without any serfs.

The move from RF to LJ, if it is unrestricted, allowing anyone and everyone, is going to be huge. The comparatively smaller number headed the other direction will be casuals with fierce itch to run around in Kunark and/or roll iksar.
    Fallfyres and Rhiyannon like this.
  2. Friday Augur

Just. Want. Resolution.

I don't think they should allow unrestricted transfers, but I am way past ready to put the whole drama/controversy/boondoggle behind me, come what may.

Ragefire will look SO much better in the rear view mirror, where the factions will likely fragment into new factions agitating for ??? the sake of agitation in many cases. I think it would be better to nix the transfers, and have those who are earnestly seeking a better server/more casual game reroll. But whatever. I am with the OP in the sense of JUST DO IT ALREADY. Whatever "it" ends up being.
  3. Tarrin Augur

Curious, how could the transfer be restricted?
  4. Friday Augur

Any way they wanted to slice it, really. One toon apiece would insure bot armies stayed where they were...maybe a cap of 20k plat?
  5. Tweelis Augur

What you said made me think of "You've got Mail" for some reason.
    “The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino." - Joe Fox”
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  6. Katmandu26 Augur

I am curious - what do you mean when you say another Fippy 2.0? Forgive me, but I'm missing the context.
  7. Katmandu26 Augur

I would have to agree, it saddens me as well. Lockjaw would seriously benefit from an influx of players. Most of the people who would be coming over for a longer classic expansion time won't be the same people that are rocketing to raid level and squabbling over raid spawns. They're the people you want to offer free transfers to who will extend the life and health of the server.

Mage boxes will go where they go; and as Holly said elsewhere, other processes are being looked at to stop that type of behavior, but there won't be any clear info forthcoming for a time. (My apologies as I don't have the exact quote or thread, but the gist of it is that it's an issue that they are looking in to.) My thought is that mage army discussions should be handled separately, as they will go where the players and money are - free transfers or not. They can have 6 level 50 mages in 72 hours; transfers will not affect them. It shouldn't affect whether or not free transfers are offered to Lockjaw.

As the server with the lower population, it's going to end up like Vulak without an infusion of players. It's sad to see so much resistance. I know I'll be called a fangirl, told to go back to Ragefire, told to get off of my high horse, etc (like I already have) but really, it's good for the life of the server if there are more players on it.

Apologies in advance for not responding to ignored players.
  8. Tulgin Augur

The server has only been open just over 40 days, so your playing almost 12 hours a day on average and you want to move to a slow server? Interesting.

With that kind of playtime you could easily reroll and catch up 99% of LJ players in 2 weeks.
  9. Templeton Augur

How flippant some are with others time and money invested.
    Friday and Rhiyannon like this.
  10. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It does not matter how much play time a person has. I was reluctant to abandon my characters when LJ launched, and that was only 10 days or so after the servers launched. The more time that passes, the more people will be reluctant to abandon all that time and effort.

I am at a loss to explain why the DBG team have not already made the decisions on whether to allow transfers. Postponing the decision merely leaves players in limbo. Given that this weekend is a holiday weekend in the states, it most certainly should have been made before then.
  11. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Fippy was an overcrowded server. It had a very toxic raiding scene. 3rd party software that violated the ToS, such as M.Q.2 was blatantly used by some players / guilds, including the guild leaders of those guilds. Boxed crews of Real Money Traders thrived. GM intervention was both infrequent and inconsistent, people that repeatedly got caught botting or warping were mostly just suspended. So when people are referring to Fippy 2.0 they mean a toxic over crowded server will little to no rules. The reality is that with the removal of the CSR's and the change to the Play Nice Policy, Fippy 2.0 would be an improvement over RageFire.
  12. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

They've already stated they are going to allow free transfers between the two servers, they are just working out how to implement, when it will begin, and how long they will permit it.
  13. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It does state they are investigating it, but yes I take the rest of your point.
  14. Rhiyannon Augur

you or dgb going to give me a refund? completely asinine and self-serving response in no reguards to other players. i have spend money on my characters for bags and such, nevermind the actual time spent playing that goes well beyond the week of most lockjaw rerolls that have been used as an exmaple to justify throwing ragefire people under the bus. come up with something less trite please.

this is not a week into the game! this attitude from the "nicer" server, shows other than the stated timeframe, there really isn't that great a leap between some players and how they treat others on either server.

the rest of my reply showed exactly why i wanted a slow server. there is nothing "interesting" about it, fippy left a bad taste in the mouth for a lot of people.
    Friday likes this.
  15. Greymere Augur

The players that rerolled on Lockjaw would be the players keeping their names since they did so without free transfers and in some cases abandoned high level characters on Ragefire along with time played and items to do so. If you didn't have the foresight to reserve your favorite character names on both servers when they launched that's really on them, be happy they are letting you keep the character, time played, experience and items/plat, something no one on Lockjaw currently got to keep.
    Rhoulicas likes this.
  16. Rhoulicas Augur

17. SomethingWitty Augur

I don't give a rats behind about names, I just want a server with a future. Right now the future of both servers is ???
    Friday and Simone like this.
  18. Greymere Augur

Ragefire still has the majority of guilds and casual players.

Majority of transfers will be from Ragefire to Lockjaw, and in the case of guilds It would shock me to see many large guilds move from Lockjaw to Ragefire.

There is a good chance that Lockjaw could supass Ragefire for overall player population as a result, though I have my doubts that everyone would bother with moving, its more likely we see something like a close to evenly matched population, which is great for Lockjaw since its a more sustainable long lasting player population to play thru the expansion eras with.

The Nightmare scenario for DBG would be if Ragefire ended up with nothing but TL and a handful of other fast track raid guilds full of multiboxers, since that would quickly enter into a guild feeder cycle and a depopulated Ragefire and Ragefire demanding transfers off, but only having Vulak or Fippy to go to.
  19. Greymere Augur

You want to see what option really won the polling compare server populations in 6 months time after transfers are allowed.
    Tarrin and Rhiyannon like this.
  20. Truewall New Member

This just proves they don't care about what they committed too. The options that won are not the ones they are going with. They either should do another vote or live with the results the players picked. Open another server that does 3 months and see how many people go to it. If a lot do then merge the current 2 server. I am so glad I do not pay more then 1 month at a time. I feel sorry for those that paid into the game more and then got told they were not going to get what they were promised. They have made it quite clear they pick what happens and will make the poles out so they will get the response they want or ignore them Cant see it changing next time.
    Simone, Friday and Rhiyannon like this.