Race and Class Combo Clash: Finals

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Jiggs Elder

Call me an Elfist, but there is something inherently appealing to me about a female beastlord dressed in skimpy black leathers (ala Kate Beckinsale) wandering throughout the game.

I don't think I will ever get tired of looking at them. ;)
  2. Putrify Elder

Froggy Monk, eh? Well, I already have a monk I'm happy with, but would love to see if they have special tongue attacks. Would be obvious, but could still be fun.
    Sinestra likes this.
  3. Zantor Augur

Voting must of been done in Florida and CHADS don't count.......................

On a serious note, why not do any race and class combo or atleast the ones we were voting on.
  4. Sinestra Augur

The excuse we've been given as to why we can't have all races and classes is the lore the game was built on and trying to retain the original integrity and flavor of the classes and races or some such nonesense. All of that was destroyed when they started putting in things like gingerbread men, aliens, and made it so there is no real difference in the races or their starting city which is now normally the Drakkin City.
  5. Izcurly Augur

I'd call that karma for the fraudsters...they actually HURT their cause by throwing invalid votes into the pot. But invalid votes are still just invalid votes. In the end it was still you who chose not the make the maximum effort, you can't blame anyone else for your lack of participation.
    Beebles likes this.
  6. Beldan_VZ Journeyman

ok first, if the thing would have LET me vote I would have voted for iksar bezerker cuase frankly wood elf bst is like stupid...really stupid teants aren't even beasts....but its not like its matters because we all know that Dark elf ranger has to win cuase everyone has to have their non-eq ranger role-play not that anyone does roleplay anymore.
  7. Beldan_VZ Journeyman

Agree! That's exactly what they did with Vanguard SoH. they just said to hell with the whole system. every race can now be every class. half-giant Psionists is like the dumbest cruk ive ever seen.
    Sinestra and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  8. Rogue Augur

At the moment it's 56 - 44 Wood Elf Beastlord. So yeah, looks like DE Ranger wins.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Yeah.. they'll pull that excuse for EQ.. while they killed it in their other games. (Yay gnome monks?)

They're awful about this sort of thing.

Heck.. I remember back in 2005/2006 when they said Drakkin were to be the basis of redoing every character model.. 8 years later... only change is to pay out of posket (per character) to use a handful of "unique" armor models.

Take it with a grain of salt.

After beta testing and playing SOE games for nearly 15 years, the only truth of it all is... they've made the decisions already. You won't change anything unless it is utterly and completely broken. Input, advice, requests, feedback... that all falls on deaf ears over there unless it is praising the company or stroking someone's ego.
  10. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Ah, now I get it with the Dark Elf Ranger being up there.
    Drizzt Do'Urden.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drizzt_Do'Urden

I don't read many or really any Fantasy books. So I was wondering why a Dark Elf Ranger was so popular. Had to do some research LOL!
    To Bad Dark Elf Rangers don't really fit into the lore of EQ.
    I just wonder when DE Ranger gets "Chosen" who will be the first person to call them selves Drizzt Do'Urden. o_O
  11. --Voodoo-- Augur

To be fair, they don't fit Forgotten Realms lore either. You might say that fact is the primary appeal.
  12. Kanu New Member

Sorry, this does not make sense.
    If SOE wants to give more weight to the gold accounts, that's fine, but let's not pretend that this has any actual weight as far as making the vote more legitimate. It does not, nor is there any logic whatsoever to that argument. And even if SOE wanted to give more weight to the gold accounts, the method suggested is ridiculous. If they wanted to do something to give more weight to the gold accounts, they could simply make gold votes worth three, silver worth two and bronze worth one vote. There is no reason that the rounds should be cut off depending on the membership tiers.

In fact, the idea that all rounds of voting are limited to accounts that existed previous to the announcement of the votes is far more relevant than any of the rest of the post. As for the time tables listed, there is no reason why SOE should -or should not - follow them. The time tables listed are no better than any other time table anyone could come up with. In fact it makes no sense that the times of the voting rounds differ from one round to the next. Granted, some time is obviously needed to determine and post the winning results, but it makes far more sense to delay the rounds by an entire day rather than half a day, so that the times are consistent for the voters. Not to mention the fact that its probably far easier for the programmers to tie the voting period to the start and end of an actual day, since I'm sure the system is already set up to work that way already.
    Sachiel likes this.
  13. Danille Augur

I mentioned to Piestro a while back when marketplace first opened, that sex sells.
    Creative designers could easily be allowed to develop armor which reveals a bit more skin, while staying within the lore of the game.
    If the siren merc is any indication of the potential demand for such appearances, SOE would probably make more money selling those armor ornaments, and ornament access in general, then they do with expansion release revenue. :)
    Beebles likes this.
  14. BoomWalker Augur

Don't see Piestro's words quoted in this thread...maybe they were MOD(-19?)ified out of the thread/post or are from another thread...shrug.

Either way...the Piestro logic is flawed. More work for a rigged vote like where the results were clearly for one class/race combo only to suddenly and magically get 'fixed' is no work at all...right?

Fix the voting system. Why allow more than one vote at all? Why not require folks to log-in to vote? Why not in game voting (as others have suggested)????

The excuse it is more work to do a rigged vote is true...look at all the work required to justify and 'correct' the outcomes so far...seems more work than just letting the vote go as it was...

Still...lets not worry about it...Drizbot123043205923322 will be created in short order. Looking forward to the family reunion with all the other DE fighter/ranger/zerker in game...weeee...
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep the male chars certainly don't have enough bare flesh.
  16. Pelamar Lorekeeper

You all are missing a trick about Dark Elf rangers we should welcome them into the game as a race/class combo. Because now all the morons run around with a huge flashing sign displayed for all to see informing us who the players are with zero imagination and creativity.
  17. Hercules37 New Member

why aren't I allowed to vote ?
  18. Hercules37 New Member

Let me clarify, sorry! I log into my account to vote but when I get to the page it doesn't allow me to click on it like the link is broke or not there
  19. Putrify Elder

If you--or someone else on your computer--has already voted today, you can't vote again until tomorrow. If you go to the voting page and you see a green bar with a percentage of vote for one option, and a red bar with a percentage of vote for the other option, then vote has already been counted for today.
  20. Sinestra Augur

Or some older browsers seem to misplace the actual button. If you move the mouse around the screen you might see it flash into the selector icon. Mine is at the corner or edge of one of the class pictures at work rather than the actual button.