Quest NPC ignores you

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kialya, May 2, 2020.

1. Absor Developer

This is likely a different issue. People are reporting that he doesn't respond at all. For your issue he is responding as he should, he just isn't sending you to the DZ. If others are having this issue, I can look into it, but my first instinct is that you might not be in the DZ or on the task.
    Duder likes this.
  2. Absor Developer

I'm going to put him on the ground. It's always possible that it is somehow related to him being on that rock, though that seems very unlikely.
    Yinla and Duder like this.
  3. Tolzol Augur

Only time I’ve seen this issue personally is when server is extremely laggy which is alot the last few weeks. After about a minute or two i finally get a response and will zone.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Duder Augur

That would be the instinct, but I'm not sure how to reassure you that I was. I tried everything, dropping task and being readded, relogging, the group dropped the task and got a new one and I still he would not send me to the dz. Relogged again, nothing. Dropped task and readded again and nothing. The onl thing I can think of is that they had gotten the mission from an different GD pick than I was in. I have seen him do this with both the Raid and Group Mission, where he responds with that line but never sends people, despite them being in task or dz.
  5. Duder Augur

That is certainly a possibility to my issues as well. But he never did zone me in. Though I don't think I stood around waiting for 2+ minutes to see. Though as I was trying different things I imagine a considerable amount of time lapsed before I relogged or dropped task/re-added.
  6. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Putting the NPC on the ground may help with *that* mission, but the NPC in Eastern Wastes (Giant named Ice-something) as well as the small dwarf at the zonein Brewbeard also is not responding to hubby shammy either. I log him in, get the mission, zone him into it myself then log out to let him log back in to play. It's the only thing that works for us right now.
  7. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Just 1 more piece of information, we completely reinstalled EQ today hoping that would fix it. The only files I copied over were for UI, spell sets, etc. The NPC Zrelik the Brave is still giving Skyale the silent treatment. /sigh
  8. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

As of about 5 days ago, the guy on the rock in GD now can see and will respond to hubby. The npc in EW (both of them) still ignore him. He logs off, I log in his toon and it works instantly. I have no clue and it's painful to log out/log in each time we do the mission. If there is anything you would like us to try to get this working, I am all for it.

This will also be the last time I bump this as I am not trying to be a pain - especially if he is the only person affected by this.