Quest NPC ignores you

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kialya, May 2, 2020.

1. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

There is a random bug I discovered since the last patch. Randomly, the quest NPC will ignore your player as though you are invisible. He will not respond to hails, saying ready etc. Sometimes camping out will fix it but it's very frustrating to have 5 of your 6 group members zone into the instance but not the 6th because the NPC ignores your spoken text. It has happened to 3 of us in the past 2 days.
    Skuz and Duder like this.
  2. Mukkul Augur

Did you try casting a spell to clear out any hidden invisibilitinesses?

Is the 6th person a member of the shared task?

Any elevation issues, such as lev or hills?
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

What zone, what quest, what NPC? Z axis messes this up, if you are below NPC it will ignore you. Zrelik the Brave in GD has a weird range check because he is on a rock. You have to be in the right position for him to respond even if you are next to him.
  4. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Quest NPCS are all the group heroic missions: Great Divide (the guy on the rock in the north), East Waste: Iceweaver Sjeon.

Things we have tried:
    Casting spells on him
    Giving him food
    Taking off levitation
    Everyone dropping the mission and having the problem toon trying to get it instead
    Camping/coming back
    Restarting the computer
    Zoning and coming back
    Duder likes this.
  5. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Also we have had the person try from multiple areas, locations too (to rule out Z axis).
    Duder likes this.
  6. Duder Augur

I have also seen this and even made a bug report. Moving around, up and down, side to side, front to back, spiralwise, even a headstand didn't fix it. Specifically with the fella on the rock for the velks hero.
    Kialya likes this.
  7. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

At this moment we are fighting to get the shammy in the mission. He has literally tried EVERYTHING to get Iceweaver to SEE him without any success ... UGH.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Duder Augur

Interestingly enough the problems I had were occurring on my shaman...
  9. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

But I have seen this bug on the cleric and berserker too - however the biggest problem has been with hubby (Shaman). I can usually get the NPC to see my cleric after a few hails and cussing at him but the poor shammy has been fighting all day with this problem.
  10. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Its happening now with the EW "Bethun Brewbeard"

*Edit - Since this is on FLAT ground, the Z axis theory is null for this bug. They are all on the same level ..
  11. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

LOL He tried changing forms. Choose dwarf to see if that helps. Nope.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

There were times the only way I could get that NPC to acknowledge me saying "ready" was to stand on the rock directly in front of him. If I was a little higher/lower or slightly off to one side, he would completely ignore me.
  13. Duder Augur

Would hopping on 1 have foot helped? ;)

That dwarf has issues, for sure.
  14. svann Augur

hand him a drink?
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

Are all of the people having issues in your group ones with auras? It's been a number of years, but I recall that being problematic for some hails (very briefly) for some reason. If yes, might try dropping the aura and see if you can get in. The classes noted so far are those with auras so I figured it might be worth a shot.
  16. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Tried that. He handed the drink back but still would not reply to any hails or /say ready.
  17. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Yep. Running cleric auras but no others. While other random group folks at times had to hail a few times before the NPC would reply, the Vah Shir Shammy had massive problems. At one point we all just agreed to eat dinner and come back. I logged on hubby shammy on my computer, then it worked? /Shrug.
  18. Absor Developer

This is super strange. If the NPCs are not responding at all, it's not likely a faction issue (race change and all that won't help). I'll look at this, but honestly have no idea where to start.
    Kialya likes this.
  19. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Absor I am willing to work with you. The really odd thing is that when I camp in hubby's shammy, I can usually get the NPC to respond to me (hubs and I are also running the same UI too) so that cannot be the issue either.
  20. Duder Augur