Quality of Life Improvements For 2016

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Feb 15, 2016.

1. HeatherPurrs Augur

I don't have a mouse at all. I understand everybody else's issues are stupid and the answers are always easy and simple. We should all just be happy.
  2. Frael Elder

I wasn't saying your issues are stupid, I just never imagined people would play EQ without a mouse. The second best solution to your problem would be use page up and down to alter your view. The best solution, unless you have a good reason not to, is go buy a mouse.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

You're still doing it.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

I'd love a little button in the corner of an item window for "Reset this item's loot filters".
  5. Frael Elder

It wasn't my intention. Maybe I worded it badly. Whatever.
  6. Grummy_NB Augur

the command /chat #chatname is real useful for macros. it doesnt care where the channel is, it sends your text to the chat name.
  7. Evurkvest Augur

A command to break /follow would be nice, /unfollow? Should be easy to do?
  8. Angahran Augur

With the new hide/show/color tab in options I was hoping that the filters were going to get some love.
    1) If something can have a show/hide option, then it should be able to have it's own color, so add color options where there is currently only a hide/show option.
    2) If something can have a color then it should be able to have a hide/show option so add hide/show options where there is currently only a hide/show option.
    3) If something can have a hide/show filter or individual color assigned, then it should be able to have an individual filter option, so add filters for anything that does not currently have one.
    4) Remove the 'Other' filter category (and preferably beat it to death with a stick)

And one of my pet peeves, could someone please fix NPC responses so they don't appear BEFORE the player text that triggers them ?
    e.g.
    Bob goes up and hails NPC Fred, then you see something like the following...

Bob says Hail NPC Fred
    NPC Fred says Hello Bob, I have a [Quest] for you.
    NPC Fred says This quest is very [dangerous]...
    Bob says What Quest
    NPC Fred says Are you sure ?
    Bob says dangerous ?
    Dzarn likes this.
  9. Candaan New Member

It's getting harder for guilds to turn out the number for a raid. As a result, more guilds are going with an alliance. The problem is that it is getting harder to set a guild banner. I'd like to see a raid banner, where the guild portal can be used to get to a raid location. An alternative would be to reduce the number of people required to set the guild standard, similar to the request to reduce the number of people required to set a campfire.
  10. Rumblerum Augur

From a newbie's perspective:

1. Add a health percentage next to our names that can be turned on or off. Or a health bar above our names. I have to constantly look down to see my health on my huge monitor and death can come so fast. Please add this to make it easier.

2. Add combat scrolling text and/or have default separate Windows that show information that is desirable and easy to read. Like allowing us to change colors of our attacks per type and incoming etc.

3. Allow us to hover over hotkey AA abilities in the bar and let it provide information on what it does. Having to scroll through the AA window to remember what that AA hotkey does is not very user friendly, unless you have them all saved to memory. The names it automatically comes up with aren't very helpful. Allow info hover over AA hotkeys.