Quality of Life Improvements For 2016

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Remove the tribute and vendor value from quested items or rare drops and drops that don't drop anymore. Terrified of losing my Ashbringer as I may still make a paladin. I already lost a Blued Two-Handed Hammer to the tribute master and have already gotten the cold shoulder from the petition process. Sadly it looks just like a Fine Steel Hammer. I wasted days looking through all my characters before I figured out what happened and lost valuable time in the process. As it is the tribute windows don't show the item name like the vendor window and contributed to this disaster. It was headed to my house as a wall ornament too.

I hate to think of an Earthshaker being lost this way.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Questoften32 Augur

find some way to reduce the 5-8 min the loading screen takes when switching characters, it dose not take that long to zone just when logging into a character or switching characters.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Rhodz like this.
  3. Rhodz Augur

Or the way the screens lock when loading, the chat interface is absolutely archaic as is the UI and with further loss of custom UIs that will matter.
  4. Zamiam Augur

I do not have this problem ? only takes me 1 min max to log off toon and log another one in ..
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Kohnn like this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Stop random crashes mid raid when some particle effects or something go off. (It happens to 3-5 people in the raid at the exact same time every time it happens - it's not just my system)
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

None of the benefits for Silver were ever rolled into F2P.
    • F2P still has a limit of 2 characters per server; Silver has a limit of 4 characters per server.
    • F2P still has a limited cap of 250 AAs spent; Silver has a limited cap of 1000 AAs spent.
    • F2P still can use mercs only as high as Apprentice tier 2; Silver can use merc as high as Apprentice tier 5.
    • F2P still receives at most 30 loyalty a week max; Silver receives at most 60 loyalty a week max.
    • F2P still cannot create a guild; Silver can create a guild.
    • F2P still cannot buy a guild plot or place a guild hall; Silver is allowed to buy a guild plot and place a guild hall.
    • F2P still cannot join any chat channels beyond Newplayers and is restricted from using /ooc; Silver has no restrictions on chat.
    These restrictions are identical to what they were when players were still allowed to purchase silver accounts. Players asked that some of these differences to be removed or for some of the Silver perks to be added as marketplace unlockers (specifically access to Apprentice T5 mercs, the +750 AA cap, and chat channel access), but no such luck.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This has not been true since the game went F2P. Currently, it works as such, for each year of payed account time accrued before Feb 29, 2012 you have 1 year of paid account time plus any granted by the special deal offered during the 6th anniversary, then anytime after Feb 29, 2012 is added to your play time (it might have some additional restriction of your account being active which might be tied to loyalty velocity but I am not sure). I do know that a number of people have returned to very old accounts and have access to far more vet rewards, than they had paid time for.

The Veteran Rewards are there to reward player accounts which have been in existence for a long time, not to reward people for making multiple accounts and moving characters. Putting aside that you're working under the false assumption that you still have to pay in order to gain veteran rewards, you seem to have a mistaken understanding of how veteran rewards and account transferred characters work. The Account looses access to the ability to flag another character for Vet rewards because any character which is moved to a secondary account keeps their Vet reward flag. The only thing that changes upon transferring to a different account is the number of veteran rewards which the account is entitled to. So if you move a vet flagged character from a 1yo account to a 15yo account; then the character will go from 1 vet reward to 15; but if you do the reverse then the character will go from 15 vet rewards to 1.

I have no issue with Vet rewards of characters being deleted being recovered upon the delete, and the same goes for being able remove vet rewards from characters every 2-3 months. But changing it to allow an X year old account to always have X characters total flagged even if they have moved X flagged characters to other accounts is a bad idea. You will be pissing off one person for every one that it makes happy. Just as many people move from a new account to an old one as do vice versa.

Also, currently there is no need for CS or GMs to be involved regarding Vet rewards beyond a single email explaining that the vet reward flag stays with the character and the vet reward entitlements stay with the account. Which is pretty much a form reply by this point in the game. CSGMs are not required to change vet reward flags, if they do for anyone they are just being nice about it.

Additionally, the Dev's are unlikely to allow accounts to make an effectively unlimited number of vet rewarded characters that can be moved to multiple accounts which then would be given a large number of extra vet rewards.

The Dev's have always explicitly said no to more than 1 merc at a time; as it would even further undermine the original intent of mercs and actually discourage grouping with other real players.

Now allowing the group size to be increased to maybe 9 would not be too unreasonable, but it would greatly affect how the group game is balanced currently; and straight up doubling group size to 12 would be an insane change in grouping, or it would likely result in group missions and shared task instances keeping track of how many mercs are out at any one point in time.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Raptour_MT Elder

-Make raid gear flagged Tradeable for anyone in the DZ or task at the time of kill for 1 hour after it is looted. . After 1 hour, it is again no drop and locked to person holding it.(this would eliminate the mislooted items)
    -Make Raid or group gear bought from a vendor with currency fully refundable for 1 hour after purchase. (dropped gear stays the same % return currency wise)
    -A clear statement on any caps or Declining Returns to Heroic Stats.
    -Double the Tribute amount cap for players.
    -Remove armor restrictions on Hero's Forge ornaments or Create a Hero's Forge Key Ring to allow different Hero's Forge sets to be added and applied easily.(bypassing armor restrictions)
    -Remove Weapon Ornament Restrictions for 1hs, 2hs, 1hp and so on.
    -Allow LON ornaments to be converted to an augment instead of a consumable container.
    -Familiar Tab or window to manage different familiars.
    -Allow the secondary mount buffs (stat buffs) to be applied in zones where you cannot mount when clicking the mount.
    -Allow higher level buffs to land on lower level players based on a percentage. IE. Casting a 105 haste on a level 1 player would land but apply the correct spell haste % cap for their level. Casting surety on a level 1 would get the same hit point boost as temperance. (this would allow lower level players to benefit from Guild Lobby MGB's)
  9. Xanadas Augur

1. Detach click-from bags as an expansion requirement.
    2. Detach map-editing as an expansion requirement. There's no reason I should have to log over to my 85 paladin on Druzzil Ro to make map corrections as I see them playing my 60 paladin on Ragefire.
  10. Grummy_NB Augur

Make a change to the client side so when EQ crashes, "you have been disconnected"; the client returns to the log in screen instead of hanging up on that black screen for ever. I usually just have to reboot my computer to get control back.
  11. Rhodz Augur

+100
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Holy moly. This = yes x 1000! Please post this on the issue tracker, or if you would like me to do it for you, I'd be happy to and credit you as the idea source :)
  13. Grummy_NB Augur

Please do, I am tired of the client saying it has crashed for 20 min.. ya I know it has crashed, so do you... let me have my computer back.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and adetia like this.
  14. segap Augur

1) Allow us to assign aliases to chat channels. No need to remember what random number gets assigned each day to use it
    2) Allow us to assign chat channels to chat windows based on the alias or channel name. No longer have channels randomly change windows when you log on
    3) Stop having the UI re-arrange windows when your resolution changes. It's much easier to resize or slightly move windows around than to have them randomly placed all over the screen. It's a pain when I move UI files from my 1920x1080 laptop to my desktop with 1920x1200. The screen is actually larger, why stack all the windows in the middle of the screen? If that can't be done, at least unlock any of the moved windows so they can be moved around quicker.
    4) Add an option to hide the announcement icon window. I never read them. Logging in a char I haven't in several months and having to click through a dozen things I could care less about is annoying.
    5) Add filters for stuff like "can't use that ability now" and necro/sk spam. The stuff that people see over and over again and are tied to other things that really do have meaning.
    6) Tie keybinding to characters, not to the install. Give option to clone for those that want. I shouldn't need 16 installs of EQ to play different classes.
  15. Vrinda Augur

Yes, please. :)

And while you're at it, please add a filter for the stupid spell reflects. Reflects and resists, although both categorized as failures, are not the same thing. Overuse of the reflect mechanic in raids like Tita's Ghost makes it hard to read other chat I need to see.
  16. Kamea Augur

• Make it so the automatic tribute shutoff option shuts off personal trophies as well.
    • Add an option to buy a single use port from the guild hall portal crystal vendor without changing the portal.
    • Add a twitching speed item AA.
    • Make more short duration discs/AA buffs that go to buff window nodispell.
  17. utwo New Member

well imo I think making group play in progession be just that, make it to where casual players can get thru a expan in grp play, and not have to be in a high end raid guild to get thru it, tbm is not casual grp play just sayin make it to where people want to come back to the game not leave it, this eq<the best game out imo> and not eq2.
  18. Zazook New Member

Hello everyone :)

I think these few things would bring back a good amount of players and improve the community as well as DB's bottom line for revenue. My server ( Luclin ) as well as most servers has become so barren that all that is left are raiders mostly. Here's my ideas and ideas from speaking with my friends in the game.

1. Update the current graphics ingame. This seems to be a huge reason why a lot of younger gamers won't try Everquest. I realize the old school parts of the game were written in such a way as to make this very difficult but the newer part written in OOP could be ported/directed to a new graphics pipeline to improve the beauty of our game, this I know from RL experience is a huge reason why many younger players won't even consider playing our game. My daughter says every time she comes into my computer room to talk about something " ewww..sucky graphics...why do you still play that crappy game?". She's a huge gamer but would never even consider playing Everquest because it's " ugly " and she used to play it many many years ago whenever the Beastlord class was added but would never come back to it now.

2. New expansions progression needs to stop being developed for raid guilds, trying to make it difficult for them to progress to unlock raids is pointless as they still unlock them the very first day any expansion goes live. Me and my friends all agree that this practice is THEE most prevalent factor/cause of our server populations decreasing over the past years. Your average casual group geared players cannot progress through progression at all in some cases because of the difficulty of some or many of the partisan or group events, I know from experience that these can be difficult even well raid geared. The casual group geared players fill our populations on servers and act like the economic engine of our beloved game, far outnumbering the raiders. Without a thriving number of casual players we will fall and I'm sure most of you have noticed this over the past few years and especially so with the last 2 expansions.

3. Add a smaller more group geared mechanic for mini-raids, an option for maybe 12 or 18 player raids for normal well group geared players that possibly would allow them to gain the T1 raid gear of an expansion would be a huge draw for new or returning players. I'm sure this option would see many yells in general chat about players calling for open mini-raids to assemble and add to the community spirit and promote pure grouping beyond using mercs. This option would also allow smaller guilds to assemble and experience the raiding part of the game whereas they may not otherwise. This could also lead to more players wanting to join or form true higher end raiding guilds as well.

4. Come out with a full and rich with content expansion. Many agree or feel that the last real expansion in Everquest was RoF. I know the developers are working on the next expansion already and we all should hope that it's a far better one than TBM was. IMO TBM was the worst expansion in Everquest's history and it was riddled with bugs and unfinished at launch. I and many believe that this is it, THEE do or die moment for Everquest. They need and must produce an expansion that will keep us playing and bring back the players that have gone elsewhere and hopefully draw in new players. If not I fear that they will be turning the lights off soon.

So there are mine and some of my friends ideas to revitalize our beloved Everquest and gain back many older players that have left and to possibly gain some of the younger gaming crowd that currently won't even consider our game. There are many great ideas throughout the posts in this thread but I think these are the nuts and bolts of what needs to be done in the larger picture of things.
  19. HeatherPurrs Augur

You know what would be great? If my first person view adjusted to line of sight automatically. I'm so sick of being blind every time i run up a hill... Seriously, it's beyond annoying.
  20. Frael Elder

Not sure I understand this...do you not use mouselook?