Quality of Life Improvements For 2016

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would like to see Daybreak promote the Everquest.com forums with messages/alerts etc in game... maybe even advertise threads of the week. It would be great to see more fresh bood on the forums.

Maybe an in game link to the forums would encourage people to come to them.

Every so often I promote the EQ forums on my server either to my guild or in general chat though I have found mentioning websites even the eq one seems to trigger the spam filter.

I would also love in game alerts to have dates on them or just automatically vanish when no longer applicable.
    Vrinda and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would also love a switch on accepting or not accepting player spells/aa from leaving things on my cursor. OR maybe a switch to have items go to select items going to cursor or to my bags automatically. Having to fill your house with mage rods or block them is a pain especially when you will sometimes need them on raids.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Dradee Journeyman

Put rare spawns that drop tradeable augments with well rounded ac/hp/m and even a heroic stat or 2. Just good enough they are well desired.....and stick those mobs in rarely traveled to zones i.e. Tenebrous Mountains, Mons Letalis, Nobles Causeway etc. Have them be significantly tougher than the average lvl of the mobs in the zone.

The augs being tradeable gives folks already aug'd out a reason to farm them (for sale or twink) and adding them to these places ensures it doesn't just overcrowd all the already popular xp zones. Heck, why limit it to augs? Just add multiple high lvl rare spawns to low lvl wastes of space with random ranges of gear drops and see if people embrace it or not. I think it could be fun and the randomness of mob lvl and what could drop could make it very interesting.
  4. Mouldy Shroom Journeyman

As someone who would come back to play in the older content, I have one request only:

# Give the option to use old NPC/ monster models. Lions, zombies, orcs, goblins, skellies...

I know it's probably too much to ask, and too niche, but hope springs eternal :) I would personally re-sub were it not for the new models which I find too cartoony, and out of keeping with EQ in general. Orcs, for example, look like they came from Warcraft. And zombies... I just don't know where to start :p

An option for old models would kick so much bottom. Thanks.
    Xanathol and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. EQbud Augur

Here are a few things I'd love to see:

1) A way to move buff icons around in our buffs window.
    For those of us who are very particular about keeping our buffs in a certain order. It would be great if it was like in the spell books where you could right click 1 and swap it with another spot. Speaking of spell books...

2) Spell books expanded to 110 pages with 10 (or even 12) spots per page.
    There is no wrong way to arrange a spell book, but for anyone who wants to sort by level it can be a pain in the butt right now.

3) A way to link tasks from the task window the same way we can link achievements.
    Sometimes when working on solo tasks with others, it can get a little complicated trying to make sure everyone is at the same point. A quick link would smooth that out, especially when only 1 in the group really knows whats going on.

4) MPG raids able to be started by 1 person.
    I haven't checked in a while, but last I heard it required 6 to request MPG raids (which is fine), but you still needed 18 in zone in order for the trigger NPC to begin the event. It would be nice to not need a bunch of people to run out for what is now trivial content. This also applies to Goblin Dojo in LoN, but at least that only requires 6 to start.
    Hiladdar, Zamiam and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

I'd love to see a way to get back the old Gamma settings. I used to log into EQ just because of the gamma changes when I was going to play a different game. I've not found a program or anything that lets me get my computer as bright as EQ allowed it.

And yes ive turned my gamma up to max on my computer. It's not bright enough, I miss how EQ used to like double my gamma. I've used it for the last 8 years or so in fact I am so used to it my eyes usually hurt without it now... and its been a few months since I lost it =(
  7. Zamiam Augur

1) good idea would love this also
    2) doesnt matter to me . I right click on spell gem and find what i need
    3) great idea .. make it so
    4) are you refering to the MPG trials ? if so think its down to 3 to start those .. might even be 1. not positive though ..
  8. EQbud Augur

1,3) Thanks
    2) I keep them sorted by level so I can check quickly how many I still need higher ranks for.
    4) Referring to the MPG raids that used to be required for Anguish access, not the group trials that are still done to raise resist caps.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Add some TDS port stones for ports to TDS from the guildhall

Change the druid port in location in Tainted Ethernere to the same as the wizard port in.
    Hiladdar, Faana, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  10. Reval Augur

If you offer a way to move buff icons, please be sure to save the ability to make spaces within your buffs, for example to dispel any detrimental but dispellable effects from npc's that you've cleared a spot for.
  11. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

Add a Task Summary window. So in the task window you can set a task as currently active, and then have, in a smaller window, the currently active task steps visible. (Mostly as I forget what I'm doing sometimes and having to open that huge window a lot is mildly inconvenient).
    Indrigoth, Geri_Petrovna and Faana like this.
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

I'm sort of lost on this idea. There is a TDS stone in the guild hall, and it has been there since day one of TDS.
    Iila likes this.
  13. Vrinda Augur

OMG yes, please! Druids themselves ask for a wizard port!
    Faana likes this.
  14. Faana Augur

I'll ask again- remove min. level on port spells. Wizard and druid transport utility has suffered enough over the years.
    Kohnn and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I meant for additional TDS zones. Not many people playing in TDS these days so just making it easier to get to the various zones instead of running places or having to have a wiz/druid bound there. So TDS stoneS not stone. :)
  16. EQbud Augur

An "Activate All" button for buyer mode would be great.

If for any reason your buy offers get disabled, such as your inventory getting filled up, it can be a bit tedious to go down the list and reactive them one by one. This is made even worse by the fact that each time you toggle one, you get kicked back to the top of the list and have to scroll back down again. A 1 button fix would be much better.
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

There are probably several positive improvements the team could make that aren't listed here yet so keep them coming. I personally still want them to look at fellowships and shrouds.
  18. Tarkkin New Member

Itemization Request:

Could we get a group version (and raid version) of an item to summon throwing daggers?

The last item of this type was the Mysterious Belt of Daggers (a group item back in VoA).

The last few expansions did not include an item or upgrade of this type (and it would be nice for rogues in particular).

Thanks!
  19. Tarkkin New Member

We can currently hide AFK Players, AFK Pets, and AFK Mercenaries (using the general tab in options).

We can also toggle Show Names ON and OFF for a variety of options (using the display tab in options).

Please allow us a few more options to reduce visual clutter and perhaps video lag (especially during raid events).

1) Hide ALL PC pets.

2) Hide ALL spam pets.

Thanks!
    Hiladdar likes this.
  20. Kohnn Elder

I would like to see more Hero's forge like "ancient" ssra armor ... chain can wear cloth, leather can wear plate, yadda yadda. More ways to personalize a characters look. I'm not saying change everything to work that way, just a set that drops in group Content every now and then to chase or buy in marketplace