Potential Questions for "Traditional Box" Server Vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Radien, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Raynard Augur

A flat 3, 4, or 6 month unlock is not my ideal unlock schedule. The devs need to weigh previous poll results along with feedback from the previous servers to make a variable length unlock schedule. I remember Machen posting a timeline a while back that I really liked, something like:
    Classic 2 months
    Kunark 3 months
    Velious 3 months
    Luclin 3 months
    PoP 4 months with LoY and LDoN open after 1 month
    Gates 3 months
    Omens 4 months with Dragons opening after 2 months
    DoDH 3 months with PoR opening after 2 months
    TSS and beyond, 2 months each with double progression key drop rate in SoF and beyond

That's like 4 years to catch up, not bad.
  2. Vaclav Augur

Bold to give the server name (esp one unmentioned before that fits like that) - got a feeling there's some legit sauce here. Unless he doesn't care about being a laughing stock in a few weeks. Thats an easy confirm/deny as it approaches.
  3. Vaclav Augur

Ray: PreGoD the timer has to allow them instancing time. A little more than ideal to give the devs time in case something goes wrong seems logical.
  4. Lifebane Augur

He's straight making things up. Don't feed the troll.
  5. Lifebane Augur

I'm surprised to see there's still people who want to go through classic again. I realize Lockjaw has yet to get to Kunark, so they may all vote for a Kunark launch, but not many are asking for classic at all. Most people I talk to on Ragefire all want a Velious launch. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.
  6. Raynard Augur

Server name should be Quarm, the first instanced main boss. I know that name was in the running previously, but I don't think it's been used (I could be wrong though).
  7. Vaclav Augur

Quarm is my expectation if we assume Tulgin isn't accurate. Antiquity does have a better placid/nostalgia sound though - if its a trolling guess its a superb one.
  8. Raynard Augur

Every progression server should have exclusive time for every expansion in my opinion. Shortening them is fine, but I'm not on board with skipping anything.
  9. Lifebane Augur

I hear you. It just happens that this particular progression server is launching right after two other servers (where the majority of the population will be coming from) have just gone through classic. It's like eating dinner, and then sitting down to eat dinner again. Just not appetizing. We'll see how the vote turns out.
  10. Vaclav Augur

I like the theorem myself, but that's entirely self-serving in this case.

I personally have never done low-level Kunark XP content as a leveling path without twinking - not even once.

Old school I was either already leveled or too afraid of learning new zones - so I've only done Kurn's as an actual untwinked XPing thing ever. Would be nice to group up in those zones as an XP path for the first time without myself of my groupmates skewing things with twinkage.
  11. Tulgin Augur

The reasoning for Kunark on launch is to let Lockjaw play the new server without much loss, as they would only just be in Kunark themselves. But it also gives an incentive for Ragefire to remain on their current server as they would be in Velious.

It's expected that the majority of players will be coming from Lockjaw in that case, which lends itself perfectly for a LJ to RF transfer in the future to ensure that both Ragefire and Antiquity keep a stable and healthy population.

Combine this with the fact that the majority of Kunark zones are for levels 1-50, it gives players a chance to finally level up in those zones, which they would have missed on RF / LJ.
  12. Raynard Augur

Probably a can of worms, but wouldn't it be cool if they opened kunark, but kept the high level dungeons and raids locked and level 50 cap for a while. Then you could have iksar and some zone variety, but still gear and raid classic for a while.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  13. Vaclav Augur

I mused that concept in the lead-up to LJ/RF myself.
  14. Machen New Member

Wonder if they will instance the non-instanced content GoD+ as well. Like txevu in GoD, or Vule in DoDH. In theory they should if the idea is to allow access to everyone, these are still major chokes in progression.
  15. Vaclav Augur

It's an interesting question - it's definitely not a large workload at that point anymore though.
  16. frankie78227 Augur

Hopefully, they add the instances to live servers also. Would make life easier for the merges they will need sooner or later.