Potential Questions for "Traditional Box" Server Vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Radien, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Radien Elder

Let's work together to develop a list of questions to be polled for the upcoming progression server:

Content
    • What content should be released at server launch? Classic, Classic + Kunark, Trilogy?
    • Should later classes (Beastlord, Berserker) be enabled at server launch?
    Raid Content
    • In addition to instanced raid mobs, would you like to see a "Pickzone 0" with serverwide FFA mobs in addition to the instanced targets to retain a sense of competition?
    • Should the pet debuff be enabled on this server, since mage boxes are likely to be less of a problem?
    • Will all targets be instanced? Yael? Sky?
    Release Schedule
    • How long?
    • How to make it work? Fixed time? Fixed time once expansion beat?
    --
    Please add any questions you would also like to see be polled here!
  2. Vaclav Augur

Re: Release Schedule Item #2: Holly already said fixed time with no voting in the talk. I didn't file it in my brain as sounding at all wishy-washy either. So that's probably already answered.

Re: Raid Content Item #2: I'd cover all the various content adjustments personally. While I appreciate the difficulty bumps, I know some people did not.

Re: RC Item #3: Doesn't seem a vote, just a question for the devs - they'll instance what they feel is right and skip other stuff they don't, player opinion doesn't create the time for them to do it that they wouldn't otherwise have. If there's some they're on the fence about they might come to the players, but that's on them to determine.
  3. Crayon123 Augur

Fixed time with no voting is perfect, really happy about that. Makes it easy to plan things out for guilds without unexpected hangups and attrition.
  4. Jezzie Augur

Transfers?
    If Daybreak are going to allow the transfer of krono on the new server then the economy is screwed anyway. As long as the new server opens in Kunark or Velious there's no need to worry about out of era gear.
    Do we need to make the same SC purchases again?
    Do we need to krono out of the existing servers?
  5. frankie78227 Augur

DGB should really consider making krono a no-go on the new TLP.
  6. Gwoben Journeyman

Do not do any polls please, just decide what is right and stick to it.
  7. Jezzie Augur

At least as far as transferring them. Krono farming is a huge part of the afk problems were seeing on 3.0. Less reason to afk (bot) for items if you can't sell them for krono.
  8. Vicus Augur

I agree. They already have multiple polls that have happen in the last 6 months to pull data from. Factor those into what kinda crap storm that has happen over the last few months and make sound/smart decision based off what you ALREADY know. DBG have been going back and fourth on their decision and that has not ended well for anyone. Trying to make everyone happy is IMPOSSIBLE. Just put your foot down and say this is the server you are getting. You will have a lot more people defending you when someone complains because we can all say "They told you what the server was going to be like...what did you expect" instead of what currently is happening where everyone sees that you haven't kept up with your word on multiple occasions and no one is defending you.

I don't envy DBG but I do appreciate the hard work they are doing. At the end of the day we will have 3 new servers all with difference situations to choose from. Variety is never a bad thing...we just need some clear direction on what is going to be the longterm course for all these servers.
  9. squidgod Augur

Launch with Kunark or Velious (probably Kunark).
    3 month unlocks—no voting.
    Naked transfers from RF/LJ.

Seems like the best way to keep people interested and playing.
  10. Pseudofate Augur

Here's my perfect TLP Server

Launch Classic Only
    6 Month Unlock
    No BST/BER
    Pets as they were
    Instanced Bosses
    Zone Flagging (ala PoP)
    No Krono

I feel like I'll get 4 of these things. Unlock will probably be decided pre-launch by vote, they wont zone flag, and they won't disable Krono. I would be VERY surprised, despite the in-game economic benefits.

Whatever they choose. I want them to declare their intentions and direction clearly and stick to it staunchly.
  11. frankie78227 Augur

Perfect world for me would be:
    Stick to decisions. No Flip/Flop. No voting. Use guides to enforce old PNP.

No more than 4 months between xpacs.
    Instances with strict lockout/# limits - do away with the buffed raid mobs but make loot no-trade.
    Make krono server specific or not usable.
    Classic/Kunark open at start.
    Newbie armor quests in. (Might really help cutting down on RMT)
    allow BST/BER w/o epic quests until actual xpac.
    No free xfers with gear or without. Once the first xpac opens consider paid xfers w/o gear.

I don't actually expect to see any of this but one can dream.
    Vaclav likes this.
  12. Vaclav Augur

Agreed 110% (bolded a clarification though) with basically your full thing. I'd just diverge on the start (I think Velious w/ General AA open would be my "perfect" opening) and newbie armor I'm unsure on. [Frankly, seems pointless since Sol Ro is better and quite easy in Kunark/Velious]
  13. Fangtail Journeyman

Stick to 3 month between xpacs / no votes of any kind.
    Launch in velious
    Instance all major raid content. leave open world dragons alone.
    allow BST/BER without epics until their launch
    no xfers, start fresh

i actually agree with allowing krono though. DBG has got to make money, and these are big dollars for them. without all the mage bots around, krono shouldn't be too big of an issue
    Ducreux likes this.
  14. Radien Elder

I agree, 6 months is far too long, especially if it's decided on a Classic only release.

A lot of players will be coming from Ragefire/Lockjaw, who have been in Classic/Kunark for extended lengths of time by server launch.
    Vaclav and Fangtail like this.
  15. Vaclav Augur

Absolutely - honestly 3 months w/ unlock requirements felt a little lengthy on TLP 2.0 - I'd suggest 2-3 months w/o any criteria.
  16. Tomtee Lorekeeper

Krono is account specific. You can still use Krono to give yourself more time on another server. People will still trade for Krono, just @ a designated server/spot (probably Rf/LJ). 'No Krono' is just a misunderstanding of what a Krono actually represents to DBG and to your subscription. Cat is already out of the bag, it's not going back in.
    lockjaws likes this.
  17. Vaclav Augur

Could even swap in EQ2 or another DBG Krono title at exactly the same time - yea, Krono adjustment is a pipedream unfortunately. I don't like their effect on the game, but it's really not something that can be changed.
    lockjaws likes this.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Pipe dream currently yes, I'd bet it's getting looked into as a future feature once the analysis is done on a per server basis.
  19. frankie78227 Augur

I like the newbie armor because it provides something to achieve while leveling up. I also think that because it is relatively easy to get, people might be more inclined to not spend real money on early items camped and offered by RMTs.
  20. Batbener Augur

Here is an idea that no one but me will think is a good one. Launch at Velious, and allow transfers from Lockjaw. (And I just paid a boat load of station cash to xfer back to Rage, so if it were to benefit me, I would have to roll on lockjaw fresh.) As for time frame, until GoD every xpac should be 3 month timer, and 2 months every xpac after. No votes on anything. Ever.
    Finley likes this.