Potential Questions for "Traditional Box" Server Vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Radien, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Finley Augur

I hope they don't poll this stuff, and have an attitude of "Lets just have fun" on this new server. Basically what ruins low levels on live servers is no gear beats defiant and mercs make it so there is very little difference between actively playing your character and being AFK. As long as there are no mercs and no defiant gear, I think they could safely add it and people would have a lot of fun.
  2. Tulgin Augur

There will be no transfers to the server.

It will be released with Kunark.

Krono will be in, of course.

Yes you need to make the same SC purchases again, if you wish to.

Unlock Timer starts on day 1, regardless of boss kills.

Unlock will be 4 months. Gives them time to instance the next expansion.

The pet debuff will be off.

Beastlord and Berserker will not be included until their relevant expansion.

Instanced mobs won't have a world spawn version that's FFA. All you will see at their spawn point is an expedition NPC.

Yael won't be instanced.

Dragon's will be instanced.

There will be no guides on the server. PNP will not be enforced.

Newbie quest armor will not be in.

Instances (expeditions) will require a minimum number of people, loot will be tradable as it is on other servers.

If you have any other questions let me know, post them below.
  3. Agrippa Augur

I'd like to see a ruleset where 99% of everything won't end up rotting by design, similar to Firiona Vie's. I know others have asked for true pvp options. I'd also like to see more game improvements that don't increase power and have no business being tied to expansions available upon release. They had the sense to unlock maps, parcel liasons, find, and other game improvements, but foolishly leave many other game improvements locked.
  4. Tulgin Augur

Some extra game improvements will be added, such as extended target window.
    Agrippa likes this.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Is this supposition or do you have a source of some sort? (most does seem safe, and I'd agree with MOST of what isn't) - unlock timer I'm not the happiest with, but if that's the reasoning it's understandable. Without anything to give you veracity it seems silly to ask you with zero reasoning of why to go to you...

I'd be quite disappointed if they didn't include a FFA version of the spawn as well - at least for future reuse. Sure these are being made for people that like instancing, and it really shouldn't attract ANY FFA people - but assuming there's a TLP 4.0 (I'm counting this as 3.5) FFA + instancing seems like something that would be good to have in the back pocket.

However assuming you do seem legit on things (which that list doesn't look far off from my expectations) - something you didn't cover is if the "Mitigation of the Mighty" will be continued - the pet debuff being retired makes me thing 40/60 about them axing it. (40% they'll axe it, 60% keep)
  6. Lifebane Augur

Is this just your wishlist, or do you have a source? I find it extremely unlikely they would give us this ruleset without polling us first.
  7. Lifetap Augur

I'd like to see the FV ruleset on the new server.
    Agrippa likes this.
  8. Machen New Member

No more polls please, they just make a mess of things as we have seen throughout the history of Ragefire and Lockjaw.

I think the devs should have a pretty good handle on the community and what people want at this point after thousands of pages of discussion over the last year.

Obviously nothing they put out is going to please everyone but they should be able to come up with something that will please quite a few.
    Finley likes this.
  9. Machen New Member

No transfers, there is no reason that someone who botted 40 mages on Ragefire should start with a million plat on the new server. It would wreck the economy straight off.
  10. Jezzie Augur

3-4 days to 50 and a few hundred krono from Ragefire/Lockjaw. It's just a teeny tiny hurdle for somebody motivated enough for an encore performance.
  11. Porterz73 Augur

The post is written like a fact sheet, and the end where he suggests going to him with further questions makes me think he might be fooling no one but himself with this info.

Most of the points are very obvious with a nice mixture of please please please let it be true blended in for flavour. It almost makes me think he is doing a sad attempt at Jedi mind tricking the Devs into doing what he wants.

Seinfeld Quote: "Jerry, just remember. It's not a lie... If you believe it." ( Gotta love George.)
  12. Machen New Member

A few hundred krono will make an impact, but not nearly as much as millions of plat on day 1 of a new server. Those krono will be worth next to nothing the first few weeks.
  13. Tulgin Augur

Mitigation of the Mighty will be removed.

There will be no polls about this server.
  14. Lifebane Augur

Alright, it was cute the first time. Please stop stating your opinions as fact.

I personally feel like an initial poll on features is fine. I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of unhappy people if daybreak chose 6 month unlock schedules starting at classic. Then everyone would be upset that there was no polls to prevent that. Initial polling has been nothing but a benefit to us, even if the process of doing so has been a bit awkward.

That said, I also personally feel that there should be a flat unlock timer on each expansion. No voting on that portion. It will allow people to plan accordingly. 3 month unlock schedule starting in Velious would be perfect.
  15. Batbener Augur

I said lockjaw, not ragefire, and the economy is already wrecked because if they want to play on the new server, they already turned that million plat into kronos.
  16. Zephyroth Elder

Want it or not, people will start on day 1 of the new server with a ton of kronos.. Instance raid will at least help people gearing for free.. which is nice
  17. frankie78227 Augur

Transfers are a really big deal. Allowing xfers at opening would be bad, allowing them with gear/items at anytime would be worse.
  18. Vaclav Augur

Again, any reason we should believe you? I like what you're saying, but you've given no reason to put much faith in your answers.
  19. Vaclav Augur

Also, again assuming anotherv
    few questions would be:

Are the Planes being instanced and how? All 3? trash/bosses?
    Phinigel? (wimpy for instancing, but an epic roadblock if not done)
    Unlock frequency? (approx)
    Server name? (assuming no polls, seems a must)

Still filing answers under wishlist rather than fact for now. But good to see answers/discussion regardless.
  20. Tulgin Augur

There will be no transfers to the server at any point.

The name of the server is "Antiquity"