Policies are replacing common sense

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Paincake, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Elemenopi Augur

And folks wonder why a new anti-boxing thread appears on these forums every other day.

Emphasis mine.

These policy changes basically made boxing p2w.

Very quiet and peaceful = more toxic player environment, but smaller workload, not due to less people petitioning, but due to lack of need to respond/enforce.
    Barton likes this.
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

These problems seem to exist in the environment specifically set up to reduce boxing, though.
  3. VandilIzer Augur

They should seriously consider making the guide program more powerful to where volunteers can help with these things. Maybe after a proven trackrecord of a few months or whatever but if they lack the CS power to enforce basic decency then allow us the players to do it in some way.

Either make it so Guides w/ 3+ months or 500 tickets helped with or whatever bar you want to set can do everything GM's USED to be able to do (kick players from zones, send them to server select, test for boxing, etc) or make a report system that effects these people League of Legends style, if they are reported by 100+ people in a week they get reviewed, if the review shows them harassing, botting etc ban them. This way they dont have to check on EVERY petition but the truly problematic people are still getting the attention that it needed.

This is clearing DBG's biggest issue right now and they need to step up and doing something.
  4. Paincake Elder

Again -- That's a policy that perhaps should be changed/tweaked. The "policy" is what's in the way of justice.

The "Sheriff" didn't deny volunteer deputies just because they lived in the same town. It's the other way around. The people living in that town wanted to clean up THEIR town...so they volunteered. It's ridiculous to say, "Well there pardner, thanks for the volunteer service! I'm gonna have to put you over yonder at (some town 30 miles away) if you'd like to become a deputy."

I mean I understand the philosophy behind it. It's easily abusable. But that can be addressed/managed.

Obviously the guide program exists. The guides are volunteer players, free labor. Why isn't there a huge influx of volunteer guides? When is the last time you saw a Guide/GM Event? When is the last time you've actually seen a Guide/GM character ingame? It's like they don't exist anymore.

So my question is, why is that? Is it because they don't have enough Guides? Why? I mean, it's free for them to have a huge amount per server. Are the players not applying for the Guide Program enough? Why is that? Obviously there are ALOT of people who actually do care about the game, as we've seen here in many threads. I would think a lot of them would be willing to sacrifice some of their game time towards being a Guide....if it meant cleaning up "their" server.

But why should someone be passionate enough about what happens on (random live server) to actually spend their time there, policing it?
    KronoKing likes this.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

The vigilante mindset of the people who would be first in line to sign up as Guides if Guides had the power to suspend and ban people is the greatest reason why volunteer Guides should not have that power.

In your clumsy Wild West analogy, you're forgetting about the judicial system these deputies would turn outlaws over to.
  6. Elemenopi Augur

2 completely separate issues.

Those issues would still exist even if there was no such thing as true box code.
  7. code-zero Augur

As I recall from Ragefire all the Guides that came there were Senior Guides all of whom had years of experience. They were a lot of fun to talk to and really knew their business
  8. Elemenopi Augur

People engage in escapism to avoid situations that have some congruence to reality, not seek them out.
  9. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Can you explain the logic behind training is against the rules?

We have no way to defend ourselves when a mob gets charmed.

Basically dispelling charm pets is such a bad offense and training is such a bad offense, but charming a mob that's engaged is all good.

Do you see how these rules were set up to cater to the boxers and botters?

DBG loves the boxers, they keep the economy going by farming and buying/using krono.

So anything that can be done to protect them, will be done.
  10. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

It's very easy to fix this.

Allow training and dispelling of charmed mobs.

Just allow it all.

That way we can fight back and defend ourselves.
  11. DeseanJackson Augur

Dispelling is allowed and you can fight back, get more DPS and/or don’t do the turn in with people around.

I get the frustration, but the answer from DBG is that it’s allowed. I’m here for the conversation, but you have to operate as if that’s the rule for now at least and adjust accordingly (or don’t play).
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Elemenopi Augur

When the game is down to boxers and botters, who will they sell their loot to? :p

Said it before but I'll reiterate. Short term gains are whats being protected here. This all gives the impression that the last few duckets are being milked before the switch is thrown. Even if it is not true, this type of tightening of the belt makes it appear that way.
  13. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Nope dispelling and training are both serious offenses that will get you banned/suspended if they can prove it.

However charming a mob that's engaged and gating away is not against the rules.

The rule set was designed to help and protect the boxers/botters who want to make as much krono as possible.
  14. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

It's already happening.

Tons and tons of gear sit on bazaar everyday going unsold for ridiculous prices.

Items that wouldn't take anyone very long to go farm themselves.
  15. DeseanJackson Augur

Not true. Training is, dispelling is not. Charming does not make that mob yours, and all killable NPCs are fair game.
  16. code-zero Augur

I honestly do not understand how anyone who can't win a DPS race thinks that they are going to out train the people that can beat them
  17. Captain Video Augur

Given the recent Chinese investment in DBG itself, this doesn't make much sense. The new investors wouldn't be very smart if they sat back and let their own underground economy trash the IP before anything new was published.
  18. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

very ez.

sitting around and then charming a mob that's 5% and gating or running off ins't really hard.

pull 30 mobs to that same person and FD with a monk will easily wipe that same chanter and his mages.

to be clear i'm not arguing about a pure dps race, with 2 groups, which by the way almost never happens.

Talking about cheezy chanters and their mage boxes who sink very low to steal kills.

And if you dispell what they charm and they record you, you can be banned.

But charming a mob that is engaged isn't against the rules.

you can sit here and try to defend them if you want, but you know i'm right....
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

you can dispel any NPC you want and kill it. Doesn't matter if it's a pet or not it's fair game.

If all you are doing is dispelling npcs around a group that's charming / mez and you aren't killing your targets then bye bye to you.
  20. Tierdal Augur

Im prtty sure I remember the guy who washed his hands clean (Pilot) didn't find the afterlife so pleasing (Dante's Inferno)