Policies are replacing common sense

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Paincake, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Buri Augur

Well, excuuuuse me if It's ruining your escapism, but IT'S A FORUM, HERE FOR PEOPLE TO DISCUSS THINGS, this is not the game, and I'll say whatever I damn well please. Get over yourself.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  2. Scruff Elder

3. Elemenopi Augur

I think you are arguing against a point that no one made in the first place. Nobody told you that you cant post whatever you want. But if you do, be prepared to be quoted and replied to, without taking offense at it.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Your quoting something but what was the actual rule?

Who cares what a previous owner of everquest did...
  5. Elemenopi Augur

As before, there used to be a first engage rule

Most people who played back then. AKA most people. There are very few brand new players.

One of the best recipes for customer attrition is maintain a specific standard for a long time, then lower the standard.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

We'll I'm glad that rule went out the window, if that rule was still here we'd have everyone box an SK that had a script that did an auto harmtouch on mob spawn so they could be considered 1st to engage.

Before you say that wouldn't happen, let me point to a previous TLP with SK box armies.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Paincake Elder

Oh definitely. I'm not saying to give Guides the power to ban players. That type of punishment/judgment would be in the hands of the GM. It would be the Guide's duty however to escalate the claim or issue to the GM (Paid CS employee) to further determine if that person needed a ban.

Again though, I'm not saying the Guide program would be a perfect solution. I'm saying that it has way more potential than what we are getting right now.
  8. Tierdal Augur

9. Sturmx Lorekeeper

10. Tierdal Augur

You literally stole the quest NPC that I spawned. I'll message you in game and see if you are true to your word, but i find it hard to believe you would steal something in purpose popping all your cooldowns to do so, then offer to make any sort of amends.

Its like shooting someone then offering to help them rehabilitate.
  11. code-zero Augur

SOE had stopped recognizing camps or kill stealing as a thing in the early 2000's, probably before PoP
  12. Elemenopi Augur

That rule was there for 15-17 years. I remember less than a handful of times the "SK army" thing happened, but this wasnt even 1% of the 1% of the server population. Saying everyone would just do this is hyperbolic to the extreme.
  13. Tierdal Augur

For open world spawns, yes.

Not for quest triggers.

they gave out bans and stripped ill gotten loot from people who engaged others spawned Trak, ragefire, lleroic, Lake Rathe Cleric turn in, Angry gob etc. As most recently as the last prog servers.
  14. Elemenopi Augur

correct on camps

incorrect on kill stealing

In fact, people used to religiously quote and re-post the "there are no camps" post to try to violate the first engage rule. The first engage rule was still enforced.

If what you stated was correct here, there would be no fuss about not enforcing first engage, as it would have never happened in the first place. Or more accurately the fuss would have occurred in the early 2000s rather than now.
  15. Atabishii Elder

I love when people complain about things without actually thinking it through.

So for the sake of all the CS staffing arguments etc, lets just jump straight in to your world where DPS racing isn't king, and camp's are enforced. The world in which you will receive a suspension if you try to KS anyone, the world of the petitions of he said she said scenarios.

Server launches, and Player A rushes to get high enough lvl to go grab frenzy camp. Player A then waits for his friend Player B to get high enough lvl to take over. Player B waits for Player C to get high enough lvl to take over from there. Player C then waits until Player A wakes up, to retake the camp. You now have a 3 player monopoly on a single camp. Because you can't KS them, there is literally nothing you can do about it, and now not a single person will ever be able to camp frenzy. Take this example and just apply it to every loot camp in the entirety of an expansion. Every camp would be monopolized by a group of players or even a guild who only passes the camp on to other guildies. Now, all you people complaining about getting KS'd, never get to camp a single item ever again.

Sure, there are some very select camps right now that get monopolized, but not the vast majority of camps. The no KS system would make an incentive to create monopolies on literally every camp in the game.

This is the same thing that happened back in 99 in classic with the most highly contested camps like Manastones, back when KS'ing was shamed. Groups of players created monopolies around entire camps.

The DPS is king system is not only just the most logical system from a CS support standpoint, but also for the players in general.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Elemenopi Augur

Population you.

You mean Everquest for the first 18 years or so?

No need to theory craft "a scenario" as this was a rule in game for a long time.

You are confused between camp monopolizing -vs- first engage. There hasnt been a rule for camp arbitration in a long time ("there are no camps" was posted by a company employee ~18 months after the game was released). There was a first engage rule all the way up through the first few TLPs. Company employees have arbitrated the first engage rule over the years.

I thought it through, you did not. Do you still love it when this happens? :p

Only they didnt change the rule to what it is now because its the most logical. They blatantly admitted to changing it due to lacking the resources to enforce it.

A really fantastic recipe for player attrition is to create a specific game space everyone gets used to for a long time, then change the parameters of that game space by lowering the standards.
  17. Atabishii Elder

Ahh so now you change it to first to engage vs ks'ing camps. Ok lets go in to your first to engage world. Autofire macro's "on".
  18. Elemenopi Augur

I didnt change it. Thats the way it always was.

Its not "my first engage world" thats how EQ was played for 18 years.

You are theory crafting scenarios when there is no need to do so as we have 18 years of evidence to go by.

Cant wait til Kunark when the triggered mob ganking skips ludricrous speed and goes straight to plaid. How many people/hours does it take to enforce old rules -vs- recode individual quests to prevent this from happening?
  19. Atabishii Elder

Not sure what EQ game you've been playing the last 18 years, definitely not the same one others have been.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. Elemenopi Augur

You should read the guide posts in these threads.

They prove you wrong.