Please rethink this new TLP Daybreak Team...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicious EQ, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Nighthawk Lorekeeper

I'm ready to play as long as it isn't a Phinigel/Mangler clone. Need something different than classic, kunark and velious raids for a year... again...
  2. Umul Augur

There is currently a progression server in every era of the game, except classic (ironic ? Lol)

Million % chance its some flavor of classic start.

*Forgot about Agnarr!
  3. Saux New Member

My brothers and I were so excited for Phinny launch. It was our first journey back into EQ after a decade. Then the bait and switch happened and we bailed before even hitting level 5. What a shameless money grab. The gaslighting was even worse (no guys lolz we didn't touch anything).

Our team is feeling the itch again, and REALLY hoping the May launch has a good ruleset for us. Kind of sad we missed the boat on Mischief.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Never a good omen when a dev prides herself on hating players and even chooses a name of an NPC known for randomly slaying hapless noobs. Good riddance.

/signed Phil, the Casual (My ESO StamPlar)
  5. verbatim Elder

One interesting thing is there would be no plat on this server lol.
  6. Digler Elder

A TLP that launches with something like GoD (give or take a few expansions), would actually be very appealing to me. While I enjoy any TLP launch for the opportunity to p-sock with buddies for a few days, I always tend to get burned out after several months and leave the server. On a typical classic launch, I've never really made it past Velious.

I tend to join a "top tier" guild and race to a level cap each expansion, raid as many nights as possible, etc, etc. One of the first on the server to get my class epic. However, I just tend to get burned out on the content. I feel like the last several launches have seen me leave a month or two earlier than the year before.

I've always had the goal of sticking around to seeing content post PoP, but have never managed to stick it out.

A server that opens this late would give me the opportunity to do that.

By doing a graduated level cap raise each week, until the max is reached, it would eliminate the problems associated with server queues and people being "left behind".

The more I think about this, the better it sounds.
    Rasper Helpdesk and Skuz like this.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Looking forward to whatever server releases provided it doesn't include more than 1 month of classic.
    Skuz, Nighthawk and Gnomie like this.
  8. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

9. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Everyone wants their perfect server, but none of us will ever get it. Every time I map out the perfect rule set in my head, I always find a flaw or an annoyance with it. This idea would be great in the short term, but I would be so over it at "x" time in the future.

My definition of classic has changed from original classic to trilogy classic. It is so nice to have a seasonal change of scenery whenever you are leveling. Lava, snow, ice, jungle, swamp, cities, etc really add life to the game.

If Daybreak started the server at Velious, they could let the trilogy run for two to three months. It would be similar to Mischief, where we had one month of classic, two months of Kunark, and two months of Velious. Beastlords would be right around the corner along with Frogloks and eventually Berserkers. We can still experience the EC tunnel, beg anonymous druids for buffs, and complain about Cleric epic items being permacamped.

This isn't even including the actual rule set to the game. I could care less about the actual rule set (no random loot). I just want to have a brief flashback to "classic" EQ again before I throw that memory into the trash can and enjoy Luclin, PoP, GoD, OOW, and beyond!
  10. Court Elder

Would 3-day AoC raids make TLPs better due to double raids a week + additional loot for raiding folks, or just tire people on content faster?
  11. Kahna Augur

Splitting is the worst. I despise splitting, nothing would make me quit a guild faster than regularly splitting raids. Considering we have managed to gear everyone out juuuuuust about completely without ever splitting it seems to be not worth the headache.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Tire people out faster, Selo had this.
    Skuz and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  13. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

Here is a random idea for the new server that doesn't deserve its own thread. How about the new TLP try to get people to branch out to different zones? I would suggest Karana or Tunare as the server name but they e been done. In order to incentive trying new zones for xp they could add 25% bonus XP or more to outdoor and little used dungeons. Thoughts?
  14. jeskola pheerie

The giant Walmart guilds have created an expectation of splitting for Joe Reroll who plays the first 1 to 3 eras each year.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Komodon Augur

The latter there. Without question.

I'm guessing the very last thing the large majority of people want, at least among the notable amount of individual raiders in those same 10 or so roll-every-TLP-guilds that sat out the "not why we still play a 20 year old EQ" Mischief experience (that I think it's a pretty safe bet Daybreak wants back in the re-roll fold), is another loot pinata server.

I mean it's ultimately bad enough within the big picture that your core idea there would essentially just amount to a repeat of the the same exact progression path experience lots have already done countless times since TLP's started, and without a legitimate take 2 attempt that at least tries to alter that and make the the new playthrough feel at least somewhat different. Which on that note already sees enough trivializing of the game and canceling out of "deemed worthwhile" content due to a complete oversaturation of end game loot without seeing that world dump increased.

But doubling down on the repetitive dkp raid farm factor, to the tune of 2x a week on clears like Kunark dragons, TOV, VT, ect....yeah, that's just gross. I'd expect you'd see even more people sitting out then you saw last round :).
  16. Ginix Augur

17. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Did anyone else play on the perma-death server? I got my Bard to level 20 ish before a Druid tracked me down and killed me in Tox. It was so much fun while it lasted.
    Corydon Coles likes this.
  18. Fhiele Augur

You let a druid catch you?
  19. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Yep. The Druid was in his or her low 30's and caught me right outside of the Kerra Island zone in on the hill. I never had the chance to reach the zoneline to disconnect my internet. I also believe that everyone used anonymous to hide their classes and levels. That was such a fun server. The players who were helping you suddenly killed you. Groupmates who were healing you suddenly "forgot" to heal you. I thought I was safe until I wasn't safe anymore. I would love to see a perma death server again and hear the guild discord when they tell the Tank to engage CT or the Ranger to take an HT in sky. Those were some fun times. I also enjoyed playing as a creature for a very brief time too. :D
    Corydon Coles likes this.
  20. Doezit Lorekeeper

That server was overrun with third party software warping cheaters. (But it was fun!)
    Wasn't anonymous turned off on that server? You could use /who 6-50 and see all the pvp level players in the zone.