Please rethink this new TLP Daybreak Team...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicious EQ, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Corydon Coles Elder

This
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  2. Komodon Augur

I was just stating what generally tends to be the most used case scenario in actual practice among most of the clear content in era guilds that tend to re-roll in some iteration on every loot rules server (other then lots skipping the last round of krono/carebear stuff). Since they tend to make up the lion share of any server population when those moves happen.

Your own comparative raiding schedule and logic, that I assume likely includes having "fun" killing Grummus for Time loot over on the Mischief server, doesn't really apply in the same manner with the prioritizing happening outside that as far as the scheduling logic you find among them goes.
  3. Kahna Augur

I only killed Grummus once, for my flag. So you would assume wrong. Pretty much killed the same stuff I killed on other servers, only less of it, avoiding the burnout. Folks also don't have to make every single raid to advance. On either server. Playing on both could be doable.
  4. Lawyer Augur

Vaniki will be the Loophole Server, with every trick in the book (and many not in the book) being used by a few. Class imbalance is going to be huge on that server; some classes (and boxing groups of classes) will be dominating very red content. Other classes, not so much. It's going to be the "Darkpaw discovers how many players know the nooks and crannies of content." I expect it will be a dumpster fire of frustration for many, but maybe it will be fun for enough folks. Glad they're trying new things; not sure this is my cup of tea.

Yelniak ... too fast, at least for me, in the early stages. And waaaay too long, comparatively between PoP and GoD. 16 weeks of Planes of Power era (I'm lumping LDON into that, because it is a relatively minor upgrade and PoP still reigns during that time), and only 4 weeks of Classic. That's not a great ratio. I suppose it is better than no classic. But really, who is going to want to go do much Classic when Kunark is open.

Notably, I see no mention in the Producer's note of whether the servers will or will not allow alt-tab boxing, or be truebox. Maybe I missed it, but that's an important detail for me.

Not sure if I'll be diving into any of these. It honestly makes Mischief that much more attractive, because I'd be experiencing some new content.
    Crabman likes this.
  5. Runningbear New Member

Can you make a 3rd server that is like Mischief same rules. Don't like either of the other two servers and want to have random loot server from start again over these two options.
    dwiguslowater likes this.
  6. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Daybreak announced three new TLP servers today: Vaniki (Level Locked Server), Yelinak (Mangler Clone), and Mischief (FV/Random Loot/lives on with a decent population). :D
    Gormgeous likes this.
  7. Paladorfthemighty Apprentice

This thread goes to show that Darkpaw isn't listening at all to the playerbase and looks to be listening only to a certain Berzerker-Avatar-Forumquester for advice
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  8. Stagentti Augur

Why would they make a PVP TLP?

In an AMA a couple of years back they said they'd consider it if people showed there was interest.

People spamming the forums wanting a PVP TLP finally hosted an event to "show how many people want it" - barely anyone showed up a most were just trolling in OOC.

Was a massive failure and probably the nail in the coffin.
  9. jeskola pheerie

Agreed, the difference between 2 and 3 is massive in spousal negotiations
  10. Hibiki Journeyman

DB had a 1 in 3 chance to give so many what they wanted, OoW locked server. They fail over and over and over. Why? I'd like to get an answer from DB directly. Why don't you just give a single server, TLP that locks at OoW?

I just want to know why because I truly do not understand why you consistently ignore this request from paying customers.

Can you do it? Is it as easy as it sounds? You just make it happen where a server will launch May 1st and every month will unlock the next expansion until OoW.

I guaranty you will have some really happy customers.
  11. Trox2010 Augur

They probably ignore it since there are actually more people asking for a PvP server than a OOW Locked server.
  12. Kahna Augur

Funnily enough, my spouse said "I didn't marry a casual" when I told him I was only raiding 2 nights a week. But I guess that is what happens when you meet your spouse in an MMO.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  13. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

MFW these servers were announced; No diggity.

14. Ariana Augur

I like No Diggity, and I like Ratatat, but that remix was awful.
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  15. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

This one's got a banger, though.