Please learn this ONE thing from WoW Classic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dabrixmgp, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

After they disable lev in Plane of Fire, they should make it a pvp enabled zone, during the night time hours.
  2. Machen New Member

But only the section after the lava tunnel. You should have to swim through that to earn the pvp.
  3. code-zero Augur

Question 7 on the FoH AMA for Everquest scroll down a bit to find that then scroll to 35 and see what they said about FV loot rules

35 has the bonus of reiterating that you should prove that there's a demand for PvP by playing on Zek
  4. Scorrpio Augur

If there are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of players hanging on every bit of EQ news, pining for a PvP TLP, how come not a single one out there is willing to organize something like a week-long Zek bash? Devs spoke clearly: show us there is sufficient demand. Having Zek post high numbers for a week ought to get their attention.
    But apparently this ardent dream of all those players has so far failed to merit more effort than an occasional fancy-colored forum post from the same poster. Go figure.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

Do you really think people logging into Zek for a week would suddenly change DBG's minds? I don't, and I doubt the people interested in PVP do either. It would be interesting though if DBG actually said, "IF you want a PVP server, log into Zek on this date at this time and if there are enough of you we will consider it." But since all they've really said is "We have a pvp server and no one plays on it", it seems like they are looking for more long term commitment to pvp before they do anything new.
  6. code-zero Augur

I suspect that the devs can look at the IP addresses of the PvP TLP post and figure that there are a half dozen people responsible for all of them. They're saving them the embarrassment of setting up a server crashing event on Zek only to have only half a dozen show up

It's on the PvP fans to put in the effort to make f2p characters on Zek and play them enough over a period of several months or more and get the attention of the devs that way. When they tell you what to do and you reply with "that makes no sense" then they are justified in ignoring you since you are ignoring them
  7. Machen New Member

I agreee that there aren't that many interested in DBG supported TLP PVP, and please don't take this post as me arguing in support of one. But, that said, the devs' approach is pretty ridiculous. Imagine if back in 2014 before Ragefire/Lockjaw, "If you guys really want a new TLP server, log onto Fippy! No one is playing the TLP server we already have, so obviously there is no interest." TLP pvp interest based on zek fails for the same reasons, and for the same reason that live based progression guilds don't work. Live isn't TLP, and the difference is even bigger when it comes to pvp.
  8. Hinastorm86 Augur

You are right, sort of.

If Pantheon is a well made game, it will do "well enough". The chances of Pantheon catching fire and having millions of players is essentially zero, and i'm pretty sure their devs know that.

But yes, zoomers aren't going to play Pantheon.
  9. code-zero Augur

I've got no quarrel with any of that. I've just linked what the devs have said about the situation. Fans of PvP have been directly told what it would take and they seem to want to just argue. That won't work because it's an attempt to force DBG to do something that they have expressed an unwillingness to do.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

How's that working out for those that want a Free Trade FV style TLP?

Let me say this again since you didn't read this first time. I don't want EQ PvP. I want EQ TLP PvP.
  11. code-zero Augur

So? Go make a free character on Zek. Advertise to all your PvP enthusiast friends and get them to come do it as well. Create your own events there and see if y'all can't bump that population into the medium range and keep it there at least 3 days a week. If you do that and it gets the devs attention then you have a shot at getting what you want.

As for the FV loot rules the devs have made it clear that they don't like it and if that's what you want there's Brekt and FV.
  12. Midnitewolf Augur

I agree. Pantheon isn't going to be a WoW killer but for once, the develper/publisher isn't actually expecting that it might be and aren't trying to design a game that tries to appeal to everyone, but actually ends up appealing to no one like almost all MMO's that came out after WoW attempted to do.

Instead Pantheon is focused on all the players who prefer Everquest's style of gameplay and there are quite a few of us out there as evidenced by how many people still play EQ today.

Also the thing I think most people don't understand in the post-WoW era is that a game doesn't have to have 10 million subscribers to be successful. EQ back in the day was heralded as the most successful MMO with a subscriber base of only around 250-300k player. Eve Online has been exceptionally successful with a subscriber base of around the same number. Even with SWTOR, which in to my knowledge is the most costly MMO developed to date, they stated that it only needed 500k active subscribers to be considered successful and profitable. What has killed off most modern MMOs has been developer/publisher greed.

Pantheon is going to focus on a niche market and will be wildly successful with probably as little as 150k active subscribers. That is the beauty of a developer having realistic expectations and focusing on their core fans rather than trying to be every thing to every one.
    Meridian likes this.
  13. WTBPvpTLP New Member

No its on Daybreak to use their big brains and notice how WoW Classic servers are majority PvP. Its not hard to see people enjoy PvP in MMO's.

We don't need to prove anything to them and if they don't wanna make money and bring back people to their first MMO they PvP'd on years ago then thats on them.

That a dev could even say something as stupid as, prove to us by logging on some terrible version of the game(which many agree is hot garbage in its current form) and play blows my mind. Most people don't wanna play that awful version of EverQuest, hints why TLPs are so successful.

The PvP system has been neglected since like Planes of Power, you know back when the game was popular and successful and had like 4 popular PvP servers. Those early expansions PvP was great. Sad so many of you missed out.
  14. Atomos Augur

There is no TLP PVP server because it would be dead on arrival, and a waste of time, money, and resources. No sense in LOSING money by implementing one.

The EQ PVP community is practically non-existent. PVP server threads pop up about once per month, and the tiniest amount of people participate in them, and a good chunk of that tiny amount are people who know a PVP TLP server would be a waste for DBG. DBG knows this too.

EQ and WoW are 2 completely different games and frankly, 2 different genres. They have 2 TOTALLY different playerbases and neither of these games nor their playerbases are at all comparable. Just because WoW players enjoy PVP does not mean EQ players do.

Zek has been a ghost town for no telling how many years now and Red99 has been dead since it launched. The amount of people who want to play EQ PVP is nowhere near high enough to sustain an enjoyable server.
  15. code-zero Augur

Your opinion doesn't matter at all. The devs told the players exactly what they need to do if they want a PvP TLP and you choose to ignore it and insult them to boot

I can only conclude that the fans of a PvP TLP don't really want one after all.
  16. WTBPvpTLP New Member

Your conclusions don't matter at all, lol.

What the dev said needs to be done is the most stupid thing and would only prove people wanna play their terrible version of EverQuest PvP. As stated many times WE don't, we want a PvP TLP.

For a dev to say go play a completely butchered version on EverQuest PvP(Live) in order to prove we want a completely different version of EverQuest PvP(TLP) is idiotic and makes no sense. It literally proves nothing other then people enjoy Live PvP and we're not asking for a new Live PvP server.
  17. code-zero Augur

Give me a good argument for a PvP TLP then.

All I can go on is what the devs say that they will do.

You don't even want to try to fulfill the basic requirement that they gave you. I will say that from the tone of the devs in that AMA they are in fact pretty hostile toward PvP in general and have no motivation to work on it at all. That is just my reading and perhaps I am wrong.

Personally I'm agnostic on the subject, I've played PvP games in the past and if they created a PvP TLP I might give it a go again provided it's not True Box.

Go read the AMA for yourself then try to formulate an argument different from "WoW does it"

On that subject I'm of the opinion that most WoW players aren't too big on PvP either since last I checked the majority of them are all on one faction meaning that they're very unlikely to ever face a PvP encounter.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Why? It's not an unreasonable stance to take. The only people throwing a fit are both of the PvP folks.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

You, sir, are a master debater.
    WTBPvpTLP and code-zero like this.
  20. WTBPvpTLP New Member

Just making stuff up on the fly or are you really just that clueless?

Red99 had like 600-700 players in its prime. I bet it has more people logged in right now then Fippy does. You'd be a fool to think EQ & WoW have compeltely different play bases. There is 100% tons of overlap.

Sure EQ prolly has way more old farts and people who use cheat software to automate their box armies but that doesnt mean there isn't big overlap with people who actually play the game the way it was intended.

I will say that most of the people that would enjoy a PvP TLP most likely aren't currently playing Live EQ, but for sure if the word got around I could see server being more filled then selos for a few months no doubt. It would likely need to be a ladder type server or reset after a few months of Velious though.

The amount of money daybreak would make in potions(not just xp potions either mind you) and bags alone would justify it since people would want every advantage they could get on a PvP server.